• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

F Sports Illustrated's scout--JJ a role player?

Swish

Who is their lead player? Joe Johnson tends to not take the last shot as much as you'd expect from a franchise player. You can tell a lot about him from his decision to go to a losing team by leaving a team that could've paid him good money and helped him win a championship. He hasn't done much in recent years to change that opinion. I've watched them play a lot, and he's a talented kid. But I'm not a fan. He's a good third player on a contending team. But he's not the guy you build around.

I don't think they get any value from Maurice Evans coming off the bench.

WTF???!?!?!?!?

click if you dare

The annual "SI scouting report" by the anon scout is terrible.

I remember after Marv's first year he said that Marv might be out of the league. Last season he said the team was awful and they wouldn't win (don't remember the exact number but it was around) 25 games. This season he says Joe is a third option on a chip team and Mo doesn't have the mental toughness to come off the bench.

This is the best one of these I've ever read though, which says something.

I read these with as much respect as I do a Mark Bradley column.

• Moderators

The bashing of JJ and the hawks is stupid but predictable. The part that continues to piss me off is this constant promoting of phoenix as a championship team.

leaving a team that could've paid him good money and helped him win a championship.

They WERE a great team (not a championship team) when they had JJ.

If anyone needs a reminder here are the suns playoff record and recent performance. We won more playoff games last year than they did and we did it against the nba champs.

Playoff Appearances: 29

Overall Playoff Record: 120-132

NBA Championships: 0 (ZERO)

2008 -- lost to San Antonio, 4-0, first round

2007 -- defeated LA Lakers, 4-1, first round

lost to San Antonio, 4-2, conference semifinals

2006 -- defeated LA Lakers, 4-3, first round

defeated LA Clippers, 4-3, conference semifinals

lost to Dallas, 4-2, conference finals

2005 -- defeated Memphis, 4-0, first round

defeated Dallas, 4-2, conference semifinals

lost to San Antonio, 4-1, conference finals

This guy does not watch our games; and yet he thinks he knows who has the ball when the shot clock is running down or the games is on the line. JJ's is a role player; his role is our best player, top scorer, and go to guy ...

Man oh man, where do they get these writers from?

• Moderators

The writer also ignores the following:

* The Suns are so unwilling to pay JJ or anyone else to go over the tax level that they gave numerous first round picks to avoid taking on the salaries. They could have added Luol Deng, Rajon Rondo and several other players but were so desparate to shed salary that they did things like trade productive Kurt Thomas and 2 first round picks for 1 second round pick. How does the author think Phoenix would have paid everyone had JJ been signed to a market value deal?

• Moderators

One other point to nitpick:

Joe Johnson tends to not take the last shot as much as you'd expect from a franchise player.

Didn't JJ lead the league in game winning shots two years ago? I don't know where he ranked last year but this seems a bit much given how much all of us have seen him taking over down the stretch. If anything, I think the Hawks are too dependent on JJ at the end of games.