• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Simmons calls Smith "biggest cancer"

Swish

Anybody who can't see that JS has an attitude problem is blind. Simmons feels JS will sandbag until Woody is fired.

And Simmons knows the NBA. He lives for it.

I gotta disagree with you. Simmons simply doesn't follow Atlanta sports teams closely. He formed an opinion of Smith 2 years ago when he had a few incidents and won't let it go. Can Josh pout and get emotional? Sure. But is he anything approaching, say, Rasheed Wallace when he was in Portland or even Kobe a couple of seasons ago? Not at all. I can't think of a time in his career when I thought Smith was dogging it on the court, either. This is some kind of fantasy opinion that Simmons has cooked up in his head.

Anybody who can't see that JS has an attitude problem is blind. Simmons feels JS will sandbag until Woody is fired.

So I guess anyone who sees that JS has an attitude problem is 40/20, is a medium. PLEASE!! Because an "expert, Simmons," FEELS that JS will sandbag until Wooody is fired and who "LIVES" nba, who probably doesn't follow the Hawks too tough....you think he's a cancer. Why is it not emotion, passion, willpower, determination? Everytime he has a "tirade" on the court....he goes DIRECTLY to Woody first to speak about it, clear the air, and it is determined that he is just PASSIONATE about winning.

I know it is another sport, but passion is when Chad Johnson CRIED on national t.v. because he knew the Bengals could/should be better, nevermind his other shenanigans and antics....but that one moment showed PASSION and love for the game. That's what Josh does EVERY night on the court. He plays with the game on his sleeve and let's it all hang out on the court. He just needs to learn to leave it on the court in which most nights he does. When he does not leave it on the court and shows it on the court (tirades) he comes right out and speaks with Woodson first. I view it as passionate, the will to win.

I gotta disagree with you. Simmons simply doesn't follow Atlanta sports teams closely. He formed an opinion of Smith 2 years ago when he had a few incidents and won't let it go. Can Josh pout and get emotional? Sure. But is he anything approaching, say, Rasheed Wallace when he was in Portland or even Kobe a couple of seasons ago? Not at all. I can't think of a time in his career when I thought Smith was dogging it on the court, either. This is some kind of fantasy opinion that Simmons has cooked up in his head.

Point taken, but I have seen on many occasions where Smith has been pulled and pouted, gone back in and just stood at the three-point line. Keep in mind, I love Josh, but he can get too pouty and throw in the towel. Now, will this happen this year? Remains to be seen. When he does that stupid mouth thing, he is pouting. I wish I still had the games on DVR to show what I mean, but we have seen it. I will wait on judgment this year until it happens...if it does. He was a beast tonight, though. Hopefully the fire is lit.

Let's just say that calling Josh Smith the biggest cancer in a league that still has Ron Artest in it is pretty out there.

I mean, think about it, Stephon Marbury nearly got Isiah fired single-handedly. Okay, maybe not, but still. Bigger distraction than Josh Smith? Easily. Speaking of cancers, can I count Isiah? The Knicks are one sexual harassment lawsuit away from an appearance on Law & Order.

Allen Iverson forced his team to trade him, refused to practice with his team, and then bragged about how he's too good to practice.

Does Josh Howard belong in this category? I don't know, but honestly, he's made himself into a much bigger distraction than Josh Smith has been since he was just a rookie.

Josh Smith, for one, has never had any gun-related incidents. I could throw some initials in here (ST) but you know who I'm referring to.

I'll take a young player being immature at times and pouting over any of that. Heck, he's not nearly as big a cancer for us as Stephen Jackson was when he was here. Hey, remember when we had Isiah Rider? That one REALLY worked out.

• Premium Member
I love the Sports Guy to death, but please. Thats a reach.

click

In a sidebar.

:beathorse:

Edited by NineOhTheRino

If Smith has such a bad attitude why wasn't he calling the Hawks out about his contract or asking to be traded (like Harrington is doing now).

After all the Hawks have STUNK during his time here. There has been one blown personnel move after another. Three years in a row the Hawks have used a top 5 pick to draft a guy to compete directly with Smith for minutes. Smith has every reason to want to leave.

Where are all the off court incidents? Where has he called out the coach or the organization in the paper?

Just because a guy is emotional and intense on the court doesn't mean he has an attitude problem. Smith's intensity is the reason he was diving on the floor last night for loose balls. It is the reason he chased nelson down from behind preventing a sure layup late in the game that could have really put the game in doubt.

Smith's on court judgment is a problem but his attitude isn't.

Simmons is a good writer, he's a funny guy, but his whole thing is "I'm the guy who gives the [boston] fan perspective," not "Here is my serious analysis."

He gets as much, if not more, wrong than most people on this board and he has archives to prove it.