• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Simmons calls Smith "biggest cancer"

Swish

• Admin
I love the Sports Guy to death, but please. Thats a reach.

click

In a sidebar.

He has a bit of an attitude but give me a break. He is not even close to being a detriment to the team (except when shooting 3s) and 'biggest cancer' in the league. Get real.

He makes fun of our bench too

C. Did you know that Atlanta's bench this year consists of Ronald Murray, Zaza Pachulia, Mo Evans, Solomon Jones and Acie Law? Really? That's your bench? The Hawks should just have Feces Night and have their cheerleaders shoot dog doo out of T-shirt cannons at their fans. What a disgrace.

blah, he picked the Falcons to be one of the worst teams this year. He also said Smith would be one of the best fantasy players. It is what is. This team has got to prove itself. Until they go out and play every game the way they know they can people will continue to take shots. I have hope, but I'm firmly entrenched in the show me camp. Playoff spots are giving by writer rankings, so all this is nothing.

He's never been a Smith fan, always bought into the hype. I remember in the player value thread before last season he said Smith could be 100 spots higher if he weren't one of the biggest jerks in the NBA... Smith may be unruly with his coach but I don't think anyone who knows him would EVER consider him one of the biggest jerks in the NBA.

At least we can take solace in the fact that Simmons thinks Oden, Dwight, and Yao were bad picks. If I'm a franchise caliber C, I'm hoping to death that Simmons thinks it would be a mistake to draft me first.

Bill Simmons couldn't coach a team of 10 yr olds. He doesn't know a damn thing... and he's not even close to funny.

See, I think he's funny... and I always read his stuff with that grain of salt that he doesn't write for analysis but strictly entertainment. He isn't paid for veracity so he can just say, "Durant is better than Oden because he doesn't look as old and he's a dynamic wing but Beasley won't be as good as Rose because he's only a wing and Rose is a great guy." or something like that.

Edited by crimedog

See, I think he's funny... and I always read his stuff with that grain of salt that he doesn't write for analysis but strictly entertainment. He isn't paid for veracity so he can just say, "Durant is better than Oden because he doesn't look as old and he's a dynamic wing but Beasley won't be as good as Rose because he's only a wing and Rose is a great guy." or something like that.

He has no credibility with me. I think you need to know a little about stuff before you try to be funny. Funny gets a lot funnier when there is truth behind it. When you don't even understand what's going on, how do you know what is really funny?

Same for Colin Cowherd. What a moron. I will give him this. He knows a little about the NBA. And he made a great comparrison between the Dallas Cowboys and Lamar Odon. He said the were the Odoms of the NFL. I thought it was apt. Generally though, I find him to be a 5'8'' 150lb blowhard. He probably never played anything and has never been hit in his life. People like that should shy away from making fun of a guys toughness or saying that someone sucks or whatever. People like that try to be funny because they don't have anything else.

Seriously, how anyone could think that the Falcons would be terrible is beyond me and shows an absolute lack of understanding. But he's funny, right?

I love Jeff Shultz. He's funny and he knows a thing or two.

• Moderators
Seriously, how anyone could think that the Falcons would be terrible is beyond me and shows an absolute lack of understanding. But he's funny, right?

Last year, he picked the Falcons to be the surprise success in the NFL so I suspect he was bouncing back from that. I didn't expect good things this year, though, with concerns about both lines, a rookie QB, the defensive backfield, etc. The Falcons have exceeded my expectations.

Calling Smith the biggest cancer in the NBA is aw...ful judgment. In a league with Curry, Howard (Dal), Davis (LAC), and others Smith ranks #1? Give me a break.

But I don't take that stuff seriously from Simmons and enjoy him. I think his writing has dropped as he has gotten more famous and more full of himself.

I always wondered why there was negative reputation of Josh Smith around the league.

Apparently it comes from douche bags like Bill Simmons.

Part of it comes from Jay Bilas on draft night. Part comes from Simmons and other media talking heads. But in the end it comes from Josh Smith when he's caught on video pouting or doing something that makes him seem immature.

Part of it comes from Jay Bilas on draft night. Part comes from Simmons and other media talking heads. But in the end it comes from Josh Smith when he's caught on video pouting or doing something that makes him seem immature.

Yeah, thats true and Josh needs to stop wearing his heart on his sleeve like he does because the only persone he's hurting is himself. Josh is immature but D Rose isn't even though he gets a multi-million dollar contract and then drives around at 110mph. Al Jefferson couldn't keep my 4'10 90 year old Granny from scoring but Smith is the one who will never be a star because he can't focus. Andrew Bogut talks trash to the media about the NBA population at large and Meka and Deng threaten to hold out for anything less than $70m but their all franchise cornerstones and Smith is a loose cannon.

We see it all the time, be it sports or politics, perception is reality and if Smith is percieved as a spoiled brat, the Simmons, Buchers, Bilas, etc. will make it a reality regardless of how hard he works on and off the court and how much he supports his teamates.

The kid's agent needs to put him in an acting class or something, not to tone down his emotion per se, just so his face isn't in a scowl so often.