• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UT - Texas Tech

Admin

What a night for sports... Hawks come out with such a dramatic victory, and then you switch the channel to College Football, and you witness the number one team in the country get beat in yet another dramatic victory for Texas Tech.

I think Crabtree has definitely secured himself a Top 10 pick with this game.

Steve Smith? I don't see the comparison at all, sorry.

I see Crabtree more as a Andre Johnson or an Anquan Boldin. He's got all the tools you look for in a WR.

I didn't say he was a clone of him, I said he sorta reminds me of him. Very quick WR with strong hands and a strong body and great agility.

I didn't say he was a clone of him, I said he sorta reminds me of him. Very quick WR with strong hands and a strong body and great agility.

I didn't say that you were calling him a 'clone' of Steve Smith. Obviously not because it would kind of be weird comparing the clones of a 5'9" receiver with a 6'3" receiver. I don't really see Crabtree being as quick as Steve Smith. Steve Smith is a completely unique receiver.

I was shocked at how far Texas fell in the ranking. Didn't seem fair?

It seems fair to me, they are lucky that they didn't get passed by Oklahoma too. You have to put the 3 unbeaten teams at the top and then the 1 loss Gators are probably the best team in the nation so they should definitely be 4th. I was a bit surprised to see Tech jump past Penn State although it was a pleasant surprise.

• Moderators

Texas has lost to the #2 team in the nation in a VERY close game and has beaten two other top 10 teams (OK & OK St). I think they have a great argument they should be ahead of Florida who lost to an unranked opponent and USC who got hammered by another unranked team.

Clearly, Texas would be ranked ahead of both of them if they all lost this weekend. It is the fact that losing earlier in college is better than losing later that accounts for the rankings because I can't justify where Texas is ranked by looking at schedule, wins and losses and ignoring timing.

Texas has lost to the #2 team in the nation in a VERY close game and has beaten two other top 10 teams (OK & OK St). I think they have a great argument they should be ahead of Florida who lost to an unranked opponent and USC who got hammered by another unranked team.

Clearly, Texas would be ranked ahead of both of them if they all lost this weekend. It is the fact that losing earlier in college is better than losing later that accounts for the rankings because I can't justify where Texas is ranked by looking at schedule, wins and losses and ignoring timing.

Well that's exactly it, you're penalized heavily for losing late in the season in college football and it's definitely a shame. I believe that Texas is ranked ahead of Florida in the BCS rankings though, so it's just the AP that has Florida ahead of them. I don't think it will matter though if/when Florida beats Alabama as that will move Florida ahead on both polls. I just wish that someone would knock off Penn State. I'm just not excited about them being in the national championship game.

Man...the Gators are just sick. I think they could beat the Lions, Bengals and Raiders.

I think a lot of people think things like that but I remember Jimmy Johnson way back in the day when he had dominant Miami Hurricane teams and people would say that they could beat some NFL teams and he basically said that ridiculous that no college team could ever beat a pro team no matter how good the college team or how bad the pro team because there really is that big of a gap between the two.

Still though, it's difficult to imagine the Lions beating any of the better college teams.

• Moderators
I think a lot of people think things like that but I remember Jimmy Johnson way back in the day when he had dominant Miami Hurricane teams and people would say that they could beat some NFL teams and he basically said that ridiculous that no college team could ever beat a pro team no matter how good the college team or how bad the pro team because there really is that big of a gap between the two.

Still though, it's difficult to imagine the Lions beating any of the better college teams.

Mississippi beat Florida.

As bad as the Lions are, they would destroy the Gators.

Mississippi beat Florida.

As bad as the Lions are, they would destroy the Gators.

Florida would beat Mississippi 99 times out of 100 if they were to play again though. Florida is a far superior team and they overlooked them.

I agree that the Lions would beat them as would any other NFL team. I know it will never happen but I think it would be cool to see a college team scrimmage a pro team some time.

• Moderators
Florida would beat Mississippi 99 times out of 100 if they were to play again though. Florida is a far superior team and they overlooked them.

I don't have quite that much faith in them.

Florida has lost to an SEC West team during the regular season (not the SEC title game) in:

They are 1-3 against Ole Miss this decade:

2008 L

2007 W (6 point margin)

2003 L

2002 L

They have also lost multiple times to Mississippi State this decade.

I agree that the Lions would beat them as would any other NFL team. I know it will never happen but I think it would be cool to see a college team scrimmage a pro team some time.

That would be a whole lot of fun to see. I can't imagine how that would happen but seeing it would be fantastic.

I think Florida would be easily the best match for the Lions...Tebow is better than Orlovsky and Harvin/Demps, etc would be hell for the Detroit D...it would certainly be entertaining.

Haha, c'mon... you've gotta be kidding me. Lions will totally wreck the Florida Gators. Not only are the schemes much more complicated in an NFL offense, but so are the defenses. And NFL players are far more developed than college ones.