• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hiccups

DJlaysitup

OK so here's an interesting story (LOL)...how do you get rid of hiccups? I just had them a few minutes ago - and normally I just take a deep breath and hold it in. But that didn't seem to be working this time....I was still hiccuping. So I hit myself in the solar plexes figuring that was where the hiccups were coming from anyway - and that might work....no deal there either..I just kept hiccuping. Then I got smart........I thought about it a minute...and figured that it's not the muscle in my diapragm that makes the hiccup..it's the directions from my brain. So I figured I would throw my brain off...trick it....kinda phuck with it. I took my tweasers and pinched my skin around the little finger (close to the end), just enough to make it hurt and send a message to my brain that there were more important things to worry about than keeping up the hiccuping :smile: . BINGO!!

worked immediately :smile:

Edited by DJlaysitup

Hiccups are cause by too much CO2 in the bloodstream. Adding more oxygen to the balance is the only cure. Holding your breath works best, but only after you hyper-ventilate for about 10 seconds first. Then, suck in the deepest breath you can muster, until it practically hurts your ribs. Then hold it until you're about to pass out. Exhale until it hurts again, hiccups gone. Works every time for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hiccups are cause by too much CO2 in the bloodstream. Adding more oxygen to the balance is the only cure. Holding your breath works best, but only after you hyper-ventilate for about 10 seconds first. Then, suck in the deepest breath you can muster, until it practically hurts your ribs. Then hold it until you're about to pass out. Exhale until it hurts again, hiccups gone. Works every time for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here is my opinion (and I'm no genius)....there are basically two parts of the human brain (maybe 3)....the first one is the brain stem and aft end of the brain. It controls all motor functions and does an excellent job for most folks...this cannot be undervalued. It's really important.

The frontal lobes are a bit in question - that's where human thought comes in.

My wife will drink upside down. How she doesn't choke to death I don't know but it does work for her. Good to know though cause next time she gets them I'll just slap her in the face and let her brain know there's more important things to think about.

Like a keg stand? Good woman you've got there!

The rest of your post reminds me of one of my favorite jokes. What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes? Don't matter cause she's already been told twice!

*Disclaimer - I do not condone beating women, but I do enjoy a good joke.