• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tempered Reaction to Tonights Game

khaos7

If the Hawks win tonight (or lose), people shouldn't throw them under the bus or anoint them the NBA champions. It's easy for fans to experience to either want to jump off the bandwagon or "nut up." But, it's still early in the season. I don't like the matchup on the back to back. However, if they lose, lets not start the "fire Woody" "Solo needs more time" and "We suck without Smooth" topics. Let's stay even keeled and enjoy this team. I can't believe I'm saying it, but we actually have a good NBA team in this city! Where art thou, Mookie Blaylock?

If the Hawks win tonight (or lose), people shouldn't throw them under the bus or anoint them the NBA champions. It's easy for fans to experience to either want to jump off the bandwagon or "nut up." But, it's still early in the season. I don't like the matchup on the back to back. However, if they lose, lets not start the "fire Woody" "Solo needs more time" and "We suck without Smooth" topics. Let's stay even keeled and enjoy this team. I can't believe I'm saying it, but we actually have a good NBA team in this city! Where art thou, Mookie Blaylock?

If we win tonight I just do what I've been doing for the first 6 wins. Dance around like a maniac and scream at the top of my lungs. Yeah I'll stay even keel. right!

I'm expecting a loss.

The second night of a back-to-back on the road vs. the defending champs...

Very tough - back to back, in Boston where we haven't played too well in the past. No Josh.

On the other hand, adrenaline has got to be at an alltime high. We have a score to settle with the green guys. I will definitely be watching.

I'm expecting a loss and I suspect it will be easier to stay even keeled with a loss than with a win. If Atlanta loses to the defending champs on the road on the 2nd of a back to back, without JS, I don't think it would be reason to worry.

But..........

If Atlanta wins... people are going to go NUTS.

I won't say that I'm expecting a loss but it wouldn't be realistic to think we'll win. By the same token a month ago it would have not been realistic to think we'd be 6-0.

i know right

Pfft. You know where you're posting, right? This is the board where posters who don't even watch the games post on how players "suck" because the box score didn't fill the sports page.

We will most likely lose this one. Mainly because of the back-to-back on the road scenario, but tomorrow the board will be filled about how terrible we are and how we are not contenders and we need to re-tool or bench guys, then fire Woody, blame the Dominique trade, and yell about Speedy Claxton.