• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI's Thomsen on JJ as FA

Swish

So, for teams hoping to invest their cap space in a pair of young All-Star legs, the options are LeBron, Bosh and maybe (though less likely) Wade or Stoudemire.

And the Hawks' Joe Johnson: Don't forget him. Not only will he be just 29, but Johnson also is emerging as a big-shot star with three-point range and playmaking skills that would enable him to fit into any contending lineup. He looks more and more like he's a Piston in the making (which is not to say that the whims of the market will marry them together).

Now let's look at the leading teams in contention to make a play for these stars:

click

JJ aint going anywhere..he actually likes it here. He like Woody and he likes his teammates..i dont see him leaving but then again, this is the NBA so anything can happen when those contract offers start coming at you lol I would give JJ a huge contract..I think he can play this good for another 5 years and probably get better too! and he doesnt seem like the type of player that gets hurt so far in his career so lets hope he keeps that up..JJ is the man around here so dont let him walk or there will be some angry ppl in ATL

First Time Poster, long time reader......

good read. That would be crazy if the knicks could pull of a James and Bosh deal. They would be unstoppable.

I know one thing. We BETTER resign JJ at all cost.

I have never had any confidence in our front office. I hope that there is a desire to stay in Atlanta from JJ and that we can lock him up sooner than later. Heart palpitations are not common in 22 year olds and i can go through that again like i did with Josh Smith last offseason.

Edited by Horford4ROY

First Time Poster, long time reader......

I have never had any confidence in our front office. I hope that there is a desire to stay in Atlanta from JJ and that we can lock him up sooner than later. Heart palpitations are not common in 22 year olds and i can go through that again like i did with Josh Smith last offseason.

Welcome and glad to see you posting!

I was thinking exactly the same thing with the heart thing, damn I'm not ready to go through this with JJ after this past summer.

JJ aint going anywhere..he actually likes it here. He like Woody and he likes his teammates..i dont see him leaving but then again, this is the NBA so anything can happen when those contract offers start coming at you lol I would give JJ a huge contract..I think he can play this good for another 5 years and probably get better too! and he doesnt seem like the type of player that gets hurt so far in his career so lets hope he keeps that up..JJ is the man around here so dont let him walk or there will be some angry ppl in ATL

I wouldnt say that JJ isnt going anywhere because he will be 29 and looking to win a NBA tittle so if he feel like he cant win in atlanta Joe might look at other teams.

I wouldnt say that JJ isnt going anywhere because he will be 29 and looking to win a NBA tittle so if he feel like he cant win in atlanta Joe might look at other teams.

Correct. Free agents leave all the time and JJ could definitely leave. He has had to live with a lot of losing, fractured ownership and front office bungling. I wouldn't blame him if he entertained offers from other teams.

yea thats why I said this is the NBA and anything can happen but I think its obvious to everyone that we are headed in the right direction..I think with our nucleus, players might start wanting to come here. we are a player or 2 away from being possibly the best team in the league. I hope he stays man