• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forbes values hawks franchise #21

hussamga

Well that is an interesting number, I wonder if it will have any impact on the Belkin suit? Part of the suit is over the value of the teams (Hawks + Thrashers) and how much the buy out will be for Belkin.

I realize that the real underlying issue is that Belkin found a way to circumvent the buyout agreement by rejecting the second appaisal within a second of receiving it, but still this value might help move things forward.

Forbes Hawks Valuation

We are 1 spot behind portland, up 7% from last year. They have alot of information on the status of teams financially league wide, including the troubled Bobcats.

I made a post awhile back arguing that the Hawks financial position was better than commonly figured, and I based the argument on the Operating Income from that Forbes page (thanks for finding it again btw).

Of course, in the McDavid lawsuit, we've been hearing about how bad the losses were for the owners, and all of that.

What is the real deal? Revenues have been on a real steady climb and it would appear that the TEAM actually made money for the last 5 years. Are the Thrashers losing a lot of money? What about the operating rights for the arena? Isn't that supposed to be very lucrative? I read somewhere that Philips is one of the best managed arenas when it comes to concerts and events.

you have to think that the income was bad for them in the past. phillips was a ghost town for the past three-six years. it's only now that people are starting to come to see the games. it's the same with the hornets. they went from a projected 20 million loss to a profit just because they basically became good again.

I made a post awhile back arguing that the Hawks financial position was better than commonly figured, and I based the argument on the Operating Income from that Forbes page (thanks for finding it again btw).

Of course, in the McDavid lawsuit, we've been hearing about how bad the losses were for the owners, and all of that.

What is the real deal? Revenues have been on a real steady climb and it would appear that the TEAM actually made money for the last 5 years. Are the Thrashers losing a lot of money? What about the operating rights for the arena? Isn't that supposed to be very lucrative? I read somewhere that Philips is one of the best managed arenas when it comes to concerts and events.

We have not been provided with sufficient information to know whether or not the team has made any money. If you will look at footnote 5, you will see that the figures do not include some significant expense categories.

• Premium Member

Speaking of the Bobkitties, I met some colleagues from Charlotte today, and we discussed the Bobcats.

The general consensus of 90% of the city's sports fans is that the team could move away, and no one would notice. I still think they should move them to Raleigh.