• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You would think Woody would know...

TheTrueSiete

That the best way to beat a team that's fundamentally sound on defense is to RUN THE PICK AND ROLL... Heck, since you obviously aren't going to get out and run with this EXTREMELY YOUNG team, use one of the oldest tricks in the book... I mean it only makes since to run something Bibby is familiar with, doesn't it?

That the best way to beat a team that's fundamentally sound on defense is to RUN THE PICK AND ROLL... Heck, since you obviously aren't going to get out and run with this EXTREMELY YOUNG team, use one of the oldest tricks in the book... I mean it only makes since to run something Bibby is familiar with, doesn't it?

It's been consistent that we don't run the pick and roll often (or well), and we don't defend it all that well either, which is sad. This is year 5, get used to it. Bibby should be going nuts with the PNR with Horford and Smith. Especially Smith who should be able to roll and attack the rim if they choose to show and defend the Bibby jumper.

As a side note, I don't see any reason to go to the PNR against a sound defense in particular, but the point still stands.

Bibby should be running PNR's. Joe should be coming off of double screens and hitting open jumpers like Rip. Marvin should be taking screens without the ball and slashing. Smith should be in the post with his back to the basket, giving a quick fake or 2 and attacking the rim, etc...

Or we could just run iso joe, what do I know?

It's been consistent that we don't run the pick and roll often (or well), and we don't defend it all that well either, which is sad. This is year 5, get used to it. Bibby should be going nuts with the PNR with Horford and Smith. Especially Smith who should be able to roll and attack the rim if they choose to show and defend the Bibby jumper.

As a side note, I don't see any reason to go to the PNR against a sound defense in particular, but the point still stands.

Bibby should be running PNR's. Joe should be coming off of double screens and hitting open jumpers like Rip. Marvin should be taking screens without the ball and slashing. Smith should be in the post with his back to the basket, giving a quick fake or 2 and attacking the rim, etc...

Or we could just run iso joe, what do I know?

Yuuuup.

Every thing said on this thread is an indication that the players aren't listening to Woodson. I actually thought this was the case last year as well, but it seems to be even worse this year.

If the Hawks fall below .500 Sund may pull the cord and let Woody go (please).

I wonder if Woody ever mentions boxing out. If he does the message sure is falling on deaf ears.

It also seems like the Hawks get called for way too many traveling calls which makes me think that they are developing bad habits in practice.

I saw the open practice a few months ago,they ran fast break drills and none of them put the ball on the floor no matter what. It would be a bad pass and they'd take 5 steps and not dribble. UM I thought practice was supposed to be to prepare for games??????????

I saw the open practice a few months ago,they ran fast break drills and none of them put the ball on the floor no matter what. It would be a bad pass and they'd take 5 steps and not dribble. UM I thought practice was supposed to be to prepare for games??????????

For the record, this is a standard drill, except for the 5 step travel.

I agree with everyone here. Funny how they quit showing Coach Woodson's record at the start of every game. I'll bet the Atlanta Spirit decided that was a bad endorsement. I mean what the hell!! We stand around on offense, don't run screens, don't play defense. And the only play I ever see Woody call is "ISO JOE". And the only thing I can hear him screaming throughout the game is "Give it to Joe". Keep folding your arms and pouting you freakin moron. You're sinking this team! Also, you're right...he does blame the team. He never admitts that some of the problems may be related to himself and poor coaching. We need a coach with some balls and some proven history. Don't go get an assistant for the Lakers just cause it's the Lakers either (hence Woody with the Pistons). Because that obviously doesn't always work. And hey Atlanta Spirit - if something is not working...you do still have the option of changing that plan and going with something else. Quit looking dumb and do something about this!

Sorry I know nothing will ever happen but I need to vent. We have an awful coach and it shows night in and night out on the floor.

• Premium Member
It also seems like the Hawks get called for way too many traveling calls which makes me think that they are developing bad habits in practice.

Horford did visit a lot of places this off season so maybe his off season travel habits spilled over into the regular season. :smile:

Oh and one more thing that drives me nuts. If I could talk to Woody I would tell him this. If someone gets two fouls in the first. It does not mean that they can only play limited minutes until 5 minutes left in the 4th. I understand we are a little depleted at times but he just gets out of hand with benching folks over fouls. Horford gets two quick ones and we don't see him again until the next freakin game! Maybe Woody should watch other coaches around the league and see why they do everything completely different than he does.