• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA All Star Votes are in for today

TruJerz

How do you change it though? Fans, especially the international ones, seem to like the voting process. Like you said, you don't want to alienate them.

On top of that, a couple years back when Marbury was still on the ballot, NY was giving him a big vote. Even now, small market guys get punished in AS voting and big "name" guys like Kidd or Ray Ray get big votes regardless.

The only way to "fix" the system is to take the power to vote out of the hands of the fans but if the fans watch the game to see the players THEY want to see, you can't do that.

You know all this of course, I'm just wondering if there is a "solution" of if theres even a real "problem" here.

You can change the internet voting tally behind the scenes and still throw the Chinese their bone

In other words cheat

the real issue is dalembert being 2nd among centers. the guy is avg. 5 and 7 a game. he shouldn't be anywhere near the all-star game. if anything he needs to be in a gym during the break working on getting better. anyway the all star for the east is prob gonna be:

iverson

wade

james

garnett

howard

harris

johnson

pierce

bosh

illgauskaus

calderon

granger

Joe Johnson and Josh Smith didnt get much love but neither did some other guys like Devin Harris and Granger, who deserve it. LMAO @ Yi being one of the highest vote getters in the conference...there are a billion ppl in China tho lol

anyway, Im sure Johnson will get voted in and probably Devin Harris too..Smith and Granger might get left out

link:

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/11/firstal...urns/index.html

I will be turning in my 1250 votes on Saturday as well as picking up 2500 more. I hope that will help :helpsmilie:

East vs. West hemisphere.

:tease:

The East doesn't have that many players. Dirk, Yao, Hedo and Pau is about it. If you did World verse USA that might be better because you could add Ginobili and Nash. Still a little ways to go until they catch up with the USA top players though.

• Premium Member
The East doesn't have that many players. Dirk, Yao, Hedo and Pau is about it. If you did World verse USA that might be better because you could add Ginobili and Nash. Still a little ways to go until they catch up with the USA top players though.

Well, I wouldn't be using the Greenwich line to a tee. It's basically North America vs. Europe/Asia/Australia.

Calderon, Rudy, Nowitzki, Gasol, Parker, Deng, Okur, Kirilenko, Hedo, Ilgauskas, Peja, Bogut, Biedrins, Pachulia (ha!)...

Gino and Nocioni have dual citizenship (Italy/Argentina), so they get to choose.

All in all, I think the game would be competitive.

they don't care about you. they've aleady got you.

That does not mean they can't lose "me/you." Its not that simple.....nothing ever is !

Lets say my favorite player plays for my home town team and plays foward. Lets say he averages 20 ppg ,9.5 rpg, and 1.5 bpg. Thats almost twice what Yi averages.

Lets say he gets left off the allstar team leaving my favorite NBA player off and my favorite team without a particpant on allstar wekend b/c votes form China put and inferior player who averages 10 ppg ,4.5 rpg, and 1 bpg in the allstar game as a starter.

The NBA would not only lose interest in allstar weekend from me but from every fan of the team who now has no representative on allstar weekend b/c some Chinese guy is starting in the allstar game who would not even start on 1/2 of the teams in the league.

If Yi goes to the allstar game a guy like Danny Granger, Caron Butler, Josh Smith, A. Jamison, Marion, Beasley, Lewis, Turkelough, Jefferson, or E. Brand will pay the price and be left off. All of these guys are much more deserving then Yi and if they are left off some of these teams will have no participants in allstar weekend. So you either alienate a NBA city's fans or a country on the other side of the world. It won't just be one teams fans who get pissed either. It will be 2 or 3 cities fans who gets pissed b/c they will all think it could have been their team's best player who paid the price so Yi can start with the best players in the world on allstar weekend. It could cause American fans to have an unfair biased against Asian players moving foward.

Not to mention this....The Nets will likely already have both Harris and Carter in the game. Do they need a 3rd in Yi who would not start for half the teams in the league ? Is that whats best for the "integrity" of the game.

Edited by coachx

Well, its probably just and academic argument anyway as Yi doesn't look like he'll eclipse James or Garnett.

Again though, the players in the ASG are the players the fans want to see and if more fans want to see Yi, and more fans are going to tune in to watch Yi play than some other player, that's why the have the game.

Edited by crimedog