• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons - we have a CHANCE!

DJlaysitup

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - question for smart NFL folks - obviosusly we can now make the playoffs now by winning out since Dallas lost. However, Dallas has to finish the season at Philly. Let's say we lose to the Vikings and beat the Rams at home - that makes us 10-6. Let's say that Dallas loses to Philly - that makes them 9-7 BUT - Philly is currently 8-5-1....so if they win tomorrow AND beat Dallas they get in instead of us right?

I realize it's simple math but I haven't heard anybody giving Philly a chance to make the playoffs - it looks to me like they have a real chance now. We got in a few years back thanks to tying Pittsburgh - it could happen again - RRRRRRR.

I am not sure about the tie breakers between the falcons and the cowboys, but if they falcons lose one game, they need the eagles OR tampa to lose one game.

If the eagles and bucs win out, the falcons need to win out.

I've heard on the radio that if We and the Cowboys and TB all end up with the same record - we get shut out. But that was BEFORE the Cows lost to the Ravens. Now I'm somewhat clueless. :computer8:

I've heard differing positions on the Vikings. Overall their division seems to be weak but playing on the road in their dome is pretty hostile. If we can run and play our game I think we have a chance.

One of the greatest assets going for us over past years is coaching. I think Smith provides the leadership that can get us to the playoff.s

Heard him on the radio and he had the vets go around the room and talk about their playoff experience. The purpose being that it is not very often that they get to the opportunity that is in front of them and they need to rise to the occasion. Go Falcons.

We will beat Minny.

Stop AP, make T.Jackson throw the ball

establish the run(turner over 100) which will open the pass(use playaction)

Score first take the crowd out of the game

Happy holidays, Falcons. They are gift wrapping this one.

grrr we just gave them one back...Had 'em stopped and on 4th and 4 punt got flagged for too many men on the field.

Still, things look promising. We should be ok now that the game is on T. Jackson. Here's hoping.

We still have a shot at the division if the Panthers lose out.

Falcons could seriously come out of this with a first round bye. They need to win next week, while Carolina needs to lose tonight and next week, for that to happen, but:

Sporting News predicted that we'd win 1 game.

How awesome is that?

Yep> The Sporting News had the Falcons 1-15 for the season. Wonder who the

poor team was that the Falcons were supposed to get that one win from??

TV now says Falcons are in. Today's win and the losses of Tampa Bay and Dallas

means that they have clenched a wild card spot.

The only way the Falcons go "From Worst to First" which has been the rule in the

NFC South for several years is for the Falcons to win next week and Carolina to

lose tonight and next week.

Still, if you were a Falcon fanafter what went down last season (I was) then you

can't help but be estatic with this year's record.

GO FALCONS!!

:biggrin:

The Falcons are truly blessed. Who can deny there is a God with the miraculous turnaround this year. God is smiling down on the city of Atlanta and it's Falcon fans.

As a Giants fan, i have to say it is nice to see the Falcons succeed this season..no matter what happens, yal overachieved. I hope u guys make the playoffs this season just to add to the wonderful season.

just dont run into the Giants tho lol jk

good luck