• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The ECF should be our goal this year

Elijah

Over the last 5 years, we've all watched teams like Toronto and Orlando win millions of games in the regular season and then screw over in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs. We must elevate above this. I will really be pissed if we just go to the playoffs, play Detroit, and lose in 6, or get to the 2nd round and lose in 5. Teams like Toronto and Orlando have always been soft and therefore cannot get to the ECF like Detroit and Boston have been able to.

I do not want to just get to the playoffs and be done in early May.

SET YOUR GOALS HIGH :angry:

Over the last 5 years, we've all watched teams like Toronto and Orlando win millions of games in the regular season and then screw over in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs. We must elevate above this. I will really be pissed if we just go to the playoffs, play Detroit, and lose in 6, or get to the 2nd round and lose in 5. Teams like Toronto and Orlando have always been soft and therefore cannot get to the ECF like Detroit and Boston have been able to.

Boston and Detroit won more games than Toronto and Orlando - obviously extending the season is the goal but winning games in the regular season is usually a pretty good indicator of how good you are.

Neither Boston nor Toronto have been elite regular season teams the past couple of years, if I recal Orlando barely broke 50 for the first time last year and Toronto hasn't eclipsed 47.

Edited by crimedog

Orlando failed 2 years ago because they didn't have the experience or fire power. Last year they didn't play that great of defense. Toronto isn't a strong defensive team either. I believe this team can beat Detroit in the playoffs. This team can POSSIBLY beat any team in the east in the playoffs other than Cleveland. Orlando will be a tougher playoff team this year because they have the weapons and an improved defense over last year. They're giving up 4PPG less on defense than they did last season. And they're a good road team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Orlando failed 2 years ago because they didn't have the experience or fire power. Last year they didn't play that great of defense. Toronto isn't a strong defensive team either. I believe this team can beat Detroit in the playoffs. This team can POSSIBLY beat any team in the east in the playoffs other than Cleveland. Orlando will be a tougher playoff team this year because they have the weapons and an improved defense over last year. They're giving up 4PPG less on defense than they did last season. And they're a good road team.

Why don't you think the hawks can beat cleveland? I think the hawks match up much better against cleveland than against boston.

Cleveland is full of hot air right now. People look at their record and become impressed, but here is a fact that few people are talking about:

Cleveland is 6-4 against winning teams (2-4 on the road). Their schedule has been ridiculously easy so far. Watch them take a major fall in January, when they play Boston, and @ lakers, portland, utah and orlando.

Why don't you think the hawks can beat cleveland? I think the hawks match up much better against cleveland than against boston.

Cleveland is full of hot air right now. People look at their record and become impressed, but here is a fact that few people are talking about:

Cleveland is 6-4 against winning teams (2-4 on the road). Their schedule has been ridiculously easy so far. Watch them take a major fall in January, when they play Boston, and @ lakers, portland, utah and orlando.

Well, they gave Boston the best series last year and went to the finals a few years ago. So they're a threat. There is nothing the Hawks can do with Lebron or Big Z.

It is good to set you're goals high, and I understand where you are coming from. And while its probably fair to say we will make the playoffs, it's way too early to know who we will be facing. Pistons could move up or down and the same goes for us and a some other teams.

My point is, we have no idea who we are gonna face. We could end up facing a really good Cleveland or Magic team and therefore advancing to the 2nd round would be a tough task but I think we are capable of doing it. Though it seems as if we are a better team than last year, Im not sure if Hawks will make a big leap like that and make it to the conference finals.

Thought it would be wonderful for the Hawks to win the NBA Championship, my realistic goal for the Hawks would be to just get better and to me that means advancing to the 2nd round. anything past a first round exit would be good for me. Personally, I think the Hawks are a player or 2 away from being legit contenders like a Boston or Lakers. We need a player who can play with his back to the basket much better than any of the frontcourt players we have. Sund could probably make that happen this year if he wanted to but he doesnt seem to be an aggressive GM, which could be a good thing too tho.

With that said, good luck to the Atlanta Hawks!

well its hard to say. dont forget when we beat the Cavs, they were missing Big Z, who obviously is one of the best players. And when Cleveland beat us, we didnt have one of our best players in Josh Smith. I think we match up better with the Celtics because we played them very well without Josh Smith in their house..verses the Cavs who basically pounded for most of the game.

Not saying I wanna play Boston(the best team in the NBA) come playoff time but I would rather play them than the Cavs. Chance of us playing any of them in the 1st round looks slim right now. I think if healthy, the top 3 teams are set with Boston, Cleveland, and Magic. We will either face Pistons or Heat i think. I not sure I would wanna face Detroit tho..its tough playing in the D but I think we would sweep Miami

Well, they gave Boston the best series last year and went to the finals a few years ago. So they're a threat. There is nothing the Hawks can do with Lebron or Big Z.

Im not saying they are not a threat, just that their record is way inflated right now. I would not be surprised if they failed to win 60 games like everyone is predicting.

I dont know who is in charge of doing schedules, but its ridiculous how easy they've had it.

Of their 27 games, 17 were against losing teams, and many of these being the really bad losing teams, not the borderline 500. They've played OKC twice, charlotte twice, Indiana twice, GS, minny.... They only played 4 games on the road against western conference teams, one being OKC.

If you look at their record against the top 4 in each conference, they lost to boston, havent played the lakers, havent played orlando, are 1-1 with the hawks, lost to NOLA, havent played houston, and only did well against denver.

I bet they will lose at least 5 games in january.

Against Boston the Hawks played their best and lost twice, in close games alright, but lost still, despite shooting 60% from 3 in Boston, and Boston shooting just 15% from 3 in here.

Against cleveland in Atlanta, Lebron played one of his finest games in the season while JJ was subpar and the Hawks still won.

I think the cavs arent that good, and I think the hawks match up better against them, than boston.

• Premium Member

If the playoffs were to start today:

Atlanta vs. Detroit.

Atlanta vs Boston

Atlanta vs. Cleveland

would be a possible road to the finals.

Even if I ignore my optimism, based on the facts, I think we could roll through all three teams...

I saw us take Detroit's heart in the last game. IN the 4th qtr, that was a defeated team that just didn't want to play anymore.

I think we can take Boston. I don't see them having a psychological advantage on us. IN fact, I think that in a 7 game series, they would be scared to see us in the 2nd round.

Cleveland is a wash of sorts. James in the playoffs is Stern's fav... It would really take us hitting on all cylinders to beat this team.

However, whats more likely to happen is:

Miami will bypass Detroit.

I honestly don't want to see a healthy Miami team in the first round of the playoffs. Too much Wade and too much momentum. I think our defense is worse off against guys who know how to get to the bucket:

Wade, Lebron, and Devin Harris are three guys that I fear. In Boston, they have that element in Rondo but he's not their main guy.

Im not saying they are not a threat, just that their record is way inflated right now. I would not be surprised if they failed to win 60 games like everyone is predicting.

I dont know who is in charge of doing schedules, but its ridiculous how easy they've had it.

Of their 27 games, 17 were against losing teams, and many of these being the really bad losing teams, not the borderline 500. They've played OKC twice, charlotte twice, Indiana twice, GS, minny.... They only played 4 games on the road against western conference teams, one being OKC.

If you look at their record against the top 4 in each conference, they lost to boston, havent played the lakers, havent played orlando, are 1-1 with the hawks, lost to NOLA, havent played houston, and only did well against denver.

I bet they will lose at least 5 games in january.

Against Boston the Hawks played their best and lost twice, in close games alright, but lost still, despite shooting 60% from 3 in Boston, and Boston shooting just 15% from 3 in here.

Against cleveland in Atlanta, Lebron played one of his finest games in the season while JJ was subpar and the Hawks still won.

I think the cavs arent that good, and I think the hawks match up better against them, than boston.

I think Cleveland will be at their best in the playoffs. Seems as though that was the case last year aswell.

If the playoffs were to start today:

Atlanta vs. Detroit.

Atlanta vs Boston

Atlanta vs. Cleveland

would be a possible road to the finals.

Even if I ignore my optimism, based on the facts, I think we could roll through all three teams...

I saw us take Detroit's heart in the last game. IN the 4th qtr, that was a defeated team that just didn't want to play anymore.

I think we can take Boston. I don't see them having a psychological advantage on us. IN fact, I think that in a 7 game series, they would be scared to see us in the 2nd round.

Cleveland is a wash of sorts. James in the playoffs is Stern's fav... It would really take us hitting on all cylinders to beat this team.

However, whats more likely to happen is:

Miami will bypass Detroit.

I honestly don't want to see a healthy Miami team in the first round of the playoffs. Too much Wade and too much momentum. I think our defense is worse off against guys who know how to get to the bucket:

Wade, Lebron, and Devin Harris are three guys that I fear. In Boston, they have that element in Rondo but he's not their main guy.

Miami doesn't have anything other than Wade. They don't even have a legit second scorer right now. Shawn Marion has been getting worse for a few years and is averaging under 13PPG. All those minutes he played for about a 5 year period has caught up to him. The rookie Beasley is a 13/5 player this year. Don't know what he will be in the future, but that doesn't scare me right now. They have less depth than the Hawks do.

I know they have a couple of quality wins, but Wade will probably break down again. There is more weight on his shoulders than ever before in his career. I doubt he will play a full season. He never has before. Wade has 2 weaknesses.... 3pt shooting and turnovers. Keep him out of the lane and he isn't a threat to beat you from deep.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I think Cleveland will be at their best in the playoffs. Seems as though that was the case last year aswell.

Because Lebron plays more minutes in tight games and if he's playing well and there is a threat of the Cavs losing, Brown will play him for 46-47 minutes.

In the east, I think we are the fourth best team. I also think we could take Orlando in a 7 game series, although it would end up being tight. I don't think we could beat Boston in a 7 game series, but it would be fun as hell to watch. I don't think we could beat Cleveland either, schedule or no, they know how to win games.

I think realistic expectations is to win in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Beating a team like the Cavs/Celtics to make the ECF is not something Im counting on right now.

We are still the 5th youngest team in the NBA. If we finally win a playoff series that is a huge step in the right direction.

And I think we need that 4th seed to do so. We need that HFA