• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Road ahead.

Diesel

• Premium Member

As I look at the road ahead... The thing that comes to mind is that we ought to have 2 objectives this summer:

1. Resign Joe Johnson Early. If we let JJ get to the 2010 FA sweepstakes, it is a possibility that we will lose him... and truthfully, us without Joe is a losing team.

I would sit down with Joe and find out what it will take to resign him. I think that the owners have a good track record with JJ being that everything he has asked for, they have given him.

2. Get a big with a low post game and some defense. Kaman comes to mind. Hell, I might even deal for old CAMBY... but get somebody that can get the job done. It's time for the Hawks to stop playing with this.

3. Resign Bibby to a reasonable contract. Bibs is a fit with what we have right now. Being that I doubt we can get Devin Harris, we have to resign Bibs.

Right now, the draft pick is not that important. It will be around early to mid 20s.. in a draft that is not so strong. I would rather use the pick to get that big.

I'm sure that there will be some bigs for trade that will be 2010 FAs.. I would think about some of these guys..

Rasheed Wallace, Dirk, Maybe even Gasol. I think you need to really investigate what the market has to offer.

As I look at the road ahead... The thing that comes to mind is that we ought to have 2 objectives this summer:

1. Resign Joe Johnson Early. If we let JJ get to the 2010 FA sweepstakes, it is a possibility that we will lose him... and truthfully, us without Joe is a losing team.

I would sit down with Joe and find out what it will take to resign him. I think that the owners have a good track record with JJ being that everything he has asked for, they have given him.

2. Get a big with a low post game and some defense. Kaman comes to mind. Hell, I might even deal for old CAMBY... but get somebody that can get the job done. It's time for the Hawks to stop playing with this.

3. Resign Bibby to a reasonable contract. Bibs is a fit with what we have right now. Being that I doubt we can get Devin Harris, we have to resign Bibs.

Right now, the draft pick is not that important. It will be around early to mid 20s.. in a draft that is not so strong. I would rather use the pick to get that big.

I'm sure that there will be some bigs for trade that will be 2010 FAs.. I would think about some of these guys..

Rasheed Wallace, Dirk, Maybe even Gasol. I think you need to really investigate what the market has to offer.

Sorry - now I get it - must've been a delay.

Well since we still have the same owners - the same fellas who brought us Flip, Mo, and Randolph...I have to figure we are still on the cheap. With Speedy finally going away and maybe resigning Bibby for a bit less - and if our owners will keep the spending level the same - we should be able to get something in the "big" department.

Use it or lose it.

Sadly, there are some players tha Woody does not use. Now, I don't KNOW

that they are in his dog house, but I'm highly suspicious that they are.

Since we have three or four players that Woody can't / won't allow in any game,

do these players have any market value and IF they were traded, would THEY,

the new guys we trade for, get ANY playing time??

If they can't get on the floor and be of use, why keep them?

On the other hand, if new players come in and THEY can't get in any playing time,

what's the use of trading?

Just wondering.

:help wanted:

...Sadly, there are some players tha Woody does not use. Now, I don't KNOW

that they are in his dog house, but I'm highly suspicious that they are.

Since we have three or four players that Woody can't / won't allow in any game,

do these players have any market value and IF they were traded, would THEY,

the new guys we trade for, get ANY playing time??

If they can't get on the floor and be of use, why keep them?

On the other hand, if new players come in and THEY can't get in any playing time,

what's the use of trading?

Just wondering.

:help wanted:

Actually the problem I see is we really don't need players-for-players...we somehow need to get one decent big. We can get even out of the D-League (except maybe for Flipper).

I agree "D" for the most part. I'd also sign Flip again (he has a 1 year deal I believe) and probably deal Mo in a trade providing we sign Chillz.

Question is, what combination in trade will satisfy the Clippers?

• Premium Member
Well since we still have the same owners - the same fellas who brought us Flip, Mo, and Randolph...I have to figure we are still on the cheap. With Speedy finally going away and maybe resigning Bibby for a bit less - and if our owners will keep the spending level the same - we should be able to get something in the "big" department.

Speedy has one more year. That's why I would use our first Plus Speedy's ending contract to get a big.

I proposed Dalembert, but there are also others.

Speedy has one more year. That's why I would use our first Plus Speedy's ending contract to get a big.

I proposed Dalembert, but there are also others.

I agree with this. Hell ill throw in the 2nd pick too. If we have one.

Speedy, 1st and a 2nd.

• Premium Member
Chill is a Calif guy. Throw him in with a trade to the Clips and he'll want to come back. Cam bey would be wonderful.

It depends. First, I'm concerned about Camby's longevity. Secondly, I think Chillz may want to come back just to come back.

In my mind, I think that we need to compare and contrast the differences of offering Chillz a contract vs. Offering Marvin a contract. I would consider who could bring us the most back in trade and who will be a better fit for this team.

It depends. First, I'm concerned about Camby's longevity. Secondly, I think Chillz may want to come back just to come back.

In my mind, I think that we need to compare and contrast the differences of offering Chillz a contract vs. Offering Marvin a contract. I would consider who could bring us the most back in trade and who will be a better fit for this team.

Josh Childress is not coming back to the Hawks.

• Premium Member
The answer to both of those questions is Marvin...

That being the case, I think we have to consider all trades involving Marvin. If he could bring us back a big... or if he and some combination could bring us back a player that could take us somewhere, we have to strongly consider that. To say that Chillz won't fit is ignoring the facts. He was the most efficient player that we have had and our offense misses that efficiency. Like it or not, the month of Mo and Flip is over.

• Premium Member
That being the case, I think we have to consider all trades involving Marvin. If he could bring us back a big... or if he and some combination could bring us back a player that could take us somewhere, we have to strongly consider that. To say that Chillz won't fit is ignoring the facts. He was the most efficient player that we have had and our offense misses that efficiency. Like it or not, the month of Mo and Flip is over.

We've been over this a million times, but Childress was only efficient because he limited his shots to ones he wasn't going to miss. In so doing, he hurt the Hawks' overall offense.

Marvin's offensive abilities are far more important to this team than you give him credit for, not to mention the fact that his defense has eclipsed Childress'. Plus, he still has upside.

I agree that the Hawks should explore offers for Marvin if they can bring back a big. I just don't see that happening...