• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby hopes for shot at 3-point contest

DrReality

Bibby hopes for shot at 3-point contest

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Saturday, December 27, 2008

• LET’S DO IT AGAIN: Hawks point guard Mike Bibby tried to win a 3-point shooting contest at the All-Star Game once and came up short. After years of watching the league’s best shooters attempt to snatch the crown, he’d like another shot in February in Phoenix, his hometown. “I’d definitely love another crack at it,” said Bibby, who entered Saturday’s game against Chicago at Philips Arena third in the league from beyond the 3-point line at 43.2 percent. “The last time I was in it they didn’t even have my shoes. It was my second year in the league and the All-Star Game was in Oakland. I guess my shoes didn’t make it through customs [bibby was playing for Vancouver then].”

• RAISE THE ROOF: Forget the shot clocks and scoreboards, there’s a new glitch in the festivities at Philips. And this one can’t be blamed on the Hawks’ stat crew. Just minutes into Saturday’s game lead official Monty McCutchen had to call an official’s timeout so someone could be dispatched to the catwalk high above the arena to investigate a leak that was dripping on the floor near midcourt. The delay lasted just a little over two minutes. But the dripping had to be monitored the entire game.

More Hawks coverage

• ACHES AND PAINS: Hawks power forward Josh Smith had just three blocked shots in the four games before Saturday, a stunning development for one of the league’s best shot blockers. But Smith acknowledged before Saturday’s game that he is playing on a sore left ankle that has been bothering him for some time. “I didn’t re-injure myself or anything,” Smith said of the high ankle sprain he suffered four games into the season, an injury that cost him 12 games after that. “I’m just not able to get that explosive lift off my left leg the way I’m used to. It’s a little more work than I’m used to but I’m adjusting to it.”

— Sekou Smith

Bibby has been in the league 10 yrs. I think its about time they allow this classy veteran in the competition. Honestly Bibby is one of the "classier" players in the league. He has never cause any off-the court issues and he is apparently pretty solid contributer to the community. Anyways he is def. having a strong season.

Bibby has been in the league 10 yrs. I think its about time they allow this classy veteran in the competition. Honestly Bibby is one of the "classier" players in the league. He has never cause any off-the court issues and he is apparently pretty solid contributer to the community. Anyways he is def. having a strong season.

TEAM DIME

Haha.

Bibby definitely deserves to be there - and he has a quick enough release to get them all off - If he does get there I hope he doesn't embarrass himself.

yeah,at his best he can win it,hopefully he won't pull his Boston playoff stunt where he threw up 100 bricks in 5 minutes. Bibby has the perfect mechanics for the competion,not much motion or effort along with a quick release.

Edited by Cwell