• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good job Woody

NineOhTheRino

I also think that Bibby is showing more on court leadership.

Bibby has been fantastic this year. Playing very smart and hitting shots. I love what he has done for us this year. I think his lift coupled with Marvin's growing ability to shoot, defend and rebound have been the biggest boosts for the team.

Coach of the year baby!

People may laugh at that . . . but if the Hawks win 55 or more games, and win the division, he will be the Coach of the Year.

55 wins = 33 home wins ( 33 - 8 overall home record ) + 22 road wins ( 22 - 19 overall road record ).

With the way this team is playing, I think that mark is VERY OBTAINABLE.

NBA Awards:

MVP: ( LeBron ) . . JJ will finish 5th in the voting

Coach of Year: Woody will win it

Defensive POY: ( Garnett ) . . . Smith will finish 4th in voting

6th man: ( Posey ) . . Flip or Zaza will get 1 vote

Most Improved: ( Devin Harris ) . . . Marvin will finish 6th in the voting

All-NBA teams:

- JJ will be named to 3rd team All-NBA

- Smith will be named to 3rd team All-NBA defense

Mike Bibby for COY?

Our Offensive Rating so far if 5th in the league and our defensive rating is 17th in the league.

I remember last year when Bibby got here and Woody said something to the effect of, we're going to let Mike run the team and if he wants to change something, we'll change it. Woody got roasted here for that.

Turns out he was exactly right; didn't work immediately as well as it could, 'cause (I strongly believe) Bibby was hurting and they hadn't all played together.

But if you think about this team now versus two years ago - or even early last year - without Bibby, this is a nice-running machine. Before Bibby it was a beautiful car without a battery. You take the good with the bad. Bibby ain't much on defense, it's true, but the team runs - literally and figuratively - on offense now, and that's a healthy Bibby (and development of Marv, Josh, Al, Zaza, smart bench signings).

But Woody's letting him run the offense and still doing his own defensive thing, and it's working nicely.

I think there's at least a little more upside to be had here. How much, I don't know. But I like these guys individually and I like this team. We don't have to worry who's going to get arrested at 4am clubbing, who's going to have a domestic, etc. They've got a good work ethic and if there's more upside to be had, I think Woody and these guys will find it.

I'm just happy to turn the TV on and say, "ooh, there's a Hawks game on tonight" and enjoy it. It's been a long, long time.

I remember last year when Bibby got here and Woody said something to the effect of, we're going to let Mike run the team and if he wants to change something, we'll change it. Woody got roasted here for that.

Turns out he was exactly right; didn't work immediately as well as it could, 'cause (I strongly believe) Bibby was hurting and they hadn't all played together.

But if you think about this team now versus two years ago - or even early last year - without Bibby, this is a nice-running machine. Before Bibby it was a beautiful car without a battery. You take the good with the bad. Bibby ain't much on defense, it's true, but the team runs - literally and figuratively - on offense now, and that's a healthy Bibby (and development of Marv, Josh, Al, Zaza, smart bench signings).

But Woody's letting him run the offense and still doing his own defensive thing, and it's working nicely.

I think there's at least a little more upside to be had here. How much, I don't know. But I like these guys individually and I like this team. We don't have to worry who's going to get arrested at 4am clubbing, who's going to have a domestic, etc. They've got a good work ethic and if there's more upside to be had, I think Woody and these guys will find it.

I'm just happy to turn the TV on and say, "ooh, there's a Hawks game on tonight" and enjoy it. It's been a long, long time.

Great post.

Taking that comment ("we're going to let Mike run the team and if he wants to change something, we'll change it.") literally is simply not the full extent of what we see. Bibby does not call the plays, subtitutions. Woody still owns the Offense. Bibby is running Woody's offense for sure. Woody owns when Bibby is resting. Woody slides Bibs over to the two at times and such nuances of the gameplan. So to say Bibby "run the team" is simply incorrect.

But Bibby is , Ballin.