• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Is Back! 29 Pts Tonite!

JackB1

Wish I would have saw this one! Sounds like a great game.

Josh had 29 pts shooting an amazing 13 for 16!!! I wonder how many of those were dunks?

And here's the best part...0-1 from 3 point line! Just when you are ready to pull your hair out

after all the bad 3 attempts and bad ballhandling from the Nets game, he comes back and

shows you how good he can be when his head is screwed on straight.

Sounds like we also got big games from Flip and Zaza.

Bibby was 3 of 5 from the arc.

Anyone get to see this game somehow?

Does anyone know that website that was posted here about a month ago that shows replays of games

a day after?

onenation.dox4.com has all the nba games archived

HAWKS vs. houston is already up ;)

Very nice! I didn't know about that website. If you have Firefox and the free "Video DownloadHelper" add-on you can download the game in .flv (Flash Video) format to your computer and then you can get a FREE FLV player like the SoThink FLV player to watch it. Here are links to download those programs.

Video DownloadHelper - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

SoThink FLV Player - http://www.sothinkmedia.com/flv-player/

EDIT - just noticed there is a "Download Game" link below the video so you don't need the Video DownloadHelper although it's a good add-on to have.

Josh was too quick for Houston's frontcourt. He could score on them inside the paint easily but they were too strong for him to rebound against. I think he had no rebounds until the 4th quarter. Josh also couldn't stop Scola from backing him down anytime he tried. Once Josh even just gave up and tried to "pull the chair" on Scola which didn't work and cost Josh his 4th foul I think. Also Josh still doesn't consistently seem to have his explosive jumping back fully yet. But he has scored over 20 in like 4 outta 5 games now.

Zaza had a good game and Solo looked great other than picking up fouls way too fast. Al got abused by both bigs and smalls, not one of his better games defensively but kinda to be expected against Houston.

Tonight we saw what Josh Smith could do on a regular basis if he just played within himself.

We all have been waiting for that "IF" for a long time.

Josh should keep the tape of this game and watch it over

and over to ingrain it in his brain how he SHOULD play

every night.

• Premium Member
We all have been waiting for that "IF" for a long time.

Josh should keep the tape of this game and watch it over

and over to ingrain it in his brain how he SHOULD play

every night.

No, I still rather have him rebound and block shots than shoot jumpers

For those that have seen JS play this is nothing special...

If he would minimize all his weaknesses like every wants like better handles, better 3-point %/recognition, less turnovers, make better decisions, dunk more, expand his offensive repertoire/etc. he would be lebron james counterpart.

As it is, his weaknesses will probably always keep him from reaching that status.

He just has to develop a go to move and let the pg do their jobs. He is outstanding at finding open teammates when he slashes to the hole, not so much when he's put in pg situations(fastbreak/halfcourt sets).

Josh knows how he *should* play, he just doesn't want to. It's easier to shoot jump shots.

It's called laziness. If you ever watch him in person at Philips, you will see him go for stretches where he just stands around with this arms at his sides, barely doing anything. Then he turns it on periodically and plays great. I have yet to seem him play that way for a full game. If he did he would score 35+ points.

No, I still rather have him rebound and block shots than shoot jumpers

I'm pretty sure we're talking about his offensive game. He had an off game rebounding-wise, but you can't just go on his block numbers. I know for a fact he stopped them from taking/altered several shots in the paint last night that didn't get him any statistics.

I agree that he hasn't been rebounding especially well this year. He could do better in that regard. Maybe his ankle is still bothering him.