• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie Law leaves game with quadriceps injury

DrReality

Acie Law leaves game with quadriceps injury

By CARROLL ROGERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, January 19, 2009

Acie Law had to leave Monday’s game in the second quarter with a right quadriceps contusion after taking a knee to his thigh while driving the baseline. He received a cortisone shot and was told by the medical staff to expect to miss seven to 10 days. He was walking very gingerly on his right leg after the game. Mario West came up hobbling on his left ankle in the fourth quarter and did not return either. He is a question mark for Tuesday’s game in Chicago

What happened to Mario?

And meh, its not like Acie was getting more than token minutes a game. But eh, these injuries are starting to mount...

Mario was fighting to keep an offensive rebound alive on a fast break shot that was blocked, and then crashed into the floor and apparently hurting his knee. He had to hop on one foot to get back on defense and the Hawks had to spend a foul to get him out of the game.

But he was back to bouncing on and off the bench by game's end, so maybe it wasn't serious.

Mario actually played a pretty good game without it showing up in the box score. There was one possession where he was manned-up against Bargnani, and he forced him to pass out of a shot attempt and then did a great job denying the ball in the post. He also was going up hard and fighting for the boards, and one he managed to tip out going up over Bargnani, keeping it alive for I think Flip to come up with.

Mario was fighting to keep an offensive rebound alive on a fast break shot that was blocked, and then crashed into the floor and apparently hurting his knee. He had to hop on one foot to get back on defense and the Hawks had to spend a foul to get him out of the game.

But he was back to bouncing on and off the bench by game's end, so maybe it wasn't serious.

Mario actually played a pretty good game without it showing up in the box score. There was one possession where he was manned-up against Bargnani, and he forced him to pass out of a shot attempt and then did a great job denying the ball in the post. He also was going up hard and fighting for the boards, and one he managed to tip out going up over Bargnani, keeping it alive for I think Flip to come up with.

I'll tell you, if Mario had a little more size or a lot more offensive ability with the way that he plays the game he'd be an All-Star. I wish that he could get more playing time for us that's for sure.