• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tough through 3 quarters

DrReality

i dont care what the situation is, anytime the hawks are on fastbreak unless it is flip or smoove we should just set up a offense.

i feel ya. marvin doesn't realize when you get past one defender, there just might be another one coming to slap your weak shtuff off the window. see this happen way too often. and jj, with his frame and shooting touch, needs to convert those lay-ups or get to the line. i disagree with hack-a-shaq unless he is about to dunk. there is no need to foul him 8 ft from the hoop after he picked up his dribble...he has no touch!

Edited by Plastic Man

Marvin, Flip and Smith were not the problems in this game. All three played well.

Smith really did play bad during those last 6 minutes, though. His two shots were both deep jumpers (pretty much turnovers, when he tries them) and he had two actual turnovers doing silly stuff. If he'd played in the fourth quarter the way he'd played in the first three, the Hawks' offense doesn't go completely dead.

Then again, I have to think some of it's coaching. Let's not kid around, the play calling in the fourth quarter is always so vanilla and always involves setting up jumpers for JJ and Bibby, regardless of what's working on any given night. Why you didn't try to isolate Marvin on Barbosa, or get Josh working in the post or on the baseline, is completely beyond me.

And somehow, you had Shaq trying to defend Mike Bibby on one possession, Bibby completely blew past him (hint, Shaq is a beast of an INTERIOR defender) and we settled for another jumpshot. Bad decisions and bad coaching rolled into one.

Did you watch Smith in the 4th quarter? He was awful other than the early dunk. Missed shots, turnovers, and fouls. Including the Amare and 1 at the end.

Amare is always one of the league leaders in and1s. If Bibby and JJ didn't play like crap Smith's foul on Amare wouldn't have mattered.

Smith shot 50% for the game while JJ and Bibby shot a combined 22%. Their futulity is probably what led to Smith trying to force things.

Amare is always one of the league leaders in and1s. If Bibby and JJ didn't play like crap Smith's foul on Amare wouldn't have mattered.

Smith shot 50% for the game while JJ and Bibby shot a combined 22%. Their futulity is probably what led to Smith trying to force things.

I think there is some truth to the idea of Smoove forcing things in the 4th because JJ and Bibby were off. He and Woody were yelling at each other after one of Smoove's J's in the 4th and Smoove seemed to be saying something about no one else making shots. It was a bad shot by Smoove but I see where he was coming from.

JJ and particularly Bibby were cold as ice all night. Woody should have had Flip in late. I was hoping Bibby was going to get hot too (as I'm sure Woody was hoping) but after he finally made a 3 in the 4th and then he badly missed the next one, it was clear to me that it just wasn't going to be his night.

Actually, Mo should have had more run too. He knocked down some shots and played well in his limited minutes. Woody simply CAN'T keep playing JJ so many minutes. He needs to give either Flip or Mo some of JJ's minutes each night depending on matchups and on who's playing well.

Smith had a better game than they did for sure, but he was awful in the 4th. There's really no way around that. Just because Amare gets a lot of and 1's doesn't mean it's cool to give one up on arguably the biggest possession of the game. Smith was in poor position and gave a weak foul.

Smith had a better game than they did for sure, but he was awful in the 4th. There's really no way around that. Just because Amare gets a lot of and 1's doesn't mean it's cool to give one up on arguably the biggest possession of the game. Smith was in poor position and gave a weak foul.

Everyone sucked in the 4th. There is plenty of blame to go around. The 1 pt that Amare got from Smiths foul is just a drop in the bucket considering all the nonsense that happened in the 4th.

Everyone sucked in the 4th. There is plenty of blame to go around. The 1 pt that Amare got from Smiths foul is just a drop in the bucket considering all the nonsense that happened in the 4th.

Other guys didn't really get a chance to suck because Josh and Joe were taking all of the shots and turning it over. The team defense was solid.

Other guys didn't really get a chance to suck because Josh and Joe were taking all of the shots and turning it over. The team defense was solid.

I think Ex' point is that the game is 48 minutes long and to put the blame on your leading scorer and rebounder who shot well from the field is silly when you had your two leading scorers go a combined 7-33 over the course of the game.