• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Portland going after Amare

exodus

Very bad move IMO for the Blazers.

Granted that trade makes them better on paper this year and possibly next I still have to look to the future.

They should really keep that squad together for the next 5 years. If they do they'll be a Championship contender on a yearly basis just like San Antonio is, just with more talent.

• Admin
Very bad move IMO for the Blazers.

Granted that trade makes them better on paper this year and possibly next I still have to look to the future.

They should really keep that squad together for the next 5 years. If they do they'll be a Championship contender on a yearly basis just like San Antonio is, just with more talent.

That is a big offer from Portland. They want to really contend now and they will. Very dangerous team this year if this deal is made.

I also can't see PHX getting a better offer then this. I would jump on it if I was them.

In the meantime I would love for us to have Aldridge.

That's a pretty nice deal for Phoenix, but I wonder is that deal really better than Marion and Beasley for Amare? Especially if they could re-sign Marion to a reasonable deal in the offseason. Apparently they want to keep Nash so they aren't fully rebuilding and I don't know who I'd rather have between Aldridge and Beasley.

That's a pretty nice deal for Phoenix, but I wonder is that deal really better than Marion and Beasley for Amare? Especially if they could re-sign Marion to a reasonable deal in the offseason. Apparently they want to keep Nash so they aren't fully rebuilding and I don't know who I'd rather have between Aldridge and Beasley.

I think the Portland offer is just a tad better. Aldridge is a nice player who can play the 4/5 and Bayless could be another Gilbert Arenas.

• Admin
I think the Portland offer is just a tad better. Aldridge is a nice player who can play the 4/5 and Bayless could be another Gilbert Arenas.

...and don't forget Raef's expiring contract that is currently being paid for by insurance.

I would easily take that before Marion/Beasly. Also, I don't want Miami to improve.

• Admin
Oden seems like a great guy to pair Amare with in the front court. Oden is more than willing to focus on rebounding and defense and Amare provides the scoring. This could work out for them.

I agree, I think they would make a nice pairing in the front court.

I'd do it if I were PHX. I think Beasley will be a better player than LMA, but Bayless ain't a bad "throw-in" for a deal like this. Plus, I seriously doubt that Steve Kerr trades for Marion considering the history there.

For Portland, thats a tough one. I mean, on the one hand, Amare gives them a very dangerous offensive player who can basically do everything Aldridge can do but more with the only costs being... well, the cost, and a rookie pg in a too-crowded backcourt. On the other hand, even with Paul Allen's infinite bank account, it money is an issue as it impedes flexibility in the future and they wouldn't have to pay as much for Aldridge. Also, you are trading for a guy with an injury history on a team where your star player and Starting C also have injury problems... too much gambling and you are playing with fire. The last issue is Amare's rep as a chemistry killer. Hard to ignore this on a team that seems to have such great chemistry and such a great rapport with their extremely effective head coach.

In the end I'd probably do it, just because the potential of a Roy, Amare, Oden trio is absolutely off the charts, but I'd probably regret it in 2 years when Oden starts to really blossom and Roy is marketed as the star of the team and Amare gets pissed and sulky.

I'd do it if I were PHX. I think Beasley will be a better player than LMA, but Bayless ain't a bad "throw-in" for a deal like this. Plus, I seriously doubt that Steve Kerr trades for Marion considering the history there.

For Portland, thats a tough one. I mean, on the one hand, Amare gives them a very dangerous offensive player who can basically do everything Aldridge can do but more with the only costs being... well, the cost, and a rookie pg in a too-crowded backcourt. On the other hand, even with Paul Allen's infinite bank account, it money is an issue as it impedes flexibility in the future and they wouldn't have to pay as much for Aldridge. Also, you are trading for a guy with an injury history on a team where your star player and Starting C also have injury problems... too much gambling and you are playing with fire. The last issue is Amare's rep as a chemistry killer. Hard to ignore this on a team that seems to have such great chemistry and such a great rapport with their extremely effective head coach.

In the end I'd probably do it, just because the potential of a Roy, Amare, Oden trio is absolutely off the charts, but I'd probably regret it in 2 years when Oden starts to really blossom and Roy is marketed as the star of the team and Amare gets pissed and sulky.

I'd do it from both teams' points of view. I don't think PHO can do better and I think it gives POR a chance to compete with the Lakers and the Spurs. I like an Aldridge/Bayless combo better than Beasley long term. I think Beasley has more offensive potential than Aldridge but I think Aldridge will always be the more complete player. Kind of like Sheed in his prime versus Boozer. As for Bayless, I like his potential a lot. He could turn out to be a special player as well.