• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman video ... this is hilarious

Admin

He's not looking for money by doing this. Clearly, he is on lsd or something similar in the Letterman interview. Dave seemed to know as much and let him off rather lightly, while still toying with him a little. Joaquin grew up completely hippie, remember. It's not like he's ever had a full deck. I've never really cared for him much as an actor. Definitely liked his brother a lot more. He was very impressive in the Cash movie, though. He really went there. My guess is he hasn't really let up after doing that movie and he's veering towards insanity.

This is all fake. He's doing a borat style mockumentary in which he goes nuts and turns to rapping and whatever. He's no Andy Kaufman. He might have pulled it off better if he didn't have Casey Affleck following him everywhere filming everything. He's acting pretty well though.

• Admin

I loved how Letterman treated him. Hilarious. That was the Letterman from the 80s. He never put up with that crap back then. He is not as bad as Leno (who i absolutely hate because he is so full of it) but nowadays he lets people off too easy.

As for Phoenix I heard he was doing a Borat type of thing which is possible. However, I always thought he was a little off the deep end.