• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tampa is releasing D Brooks

HawkItus

The Tampa guy to get is SS Phillips. Guy has a strong rep as a hitter and run stuffer. Also is known for his ability to read an offense and get guys in the right place. He's only 30 and has plenty left in the tank.

Get Phillips in FA and then draft which ever OLB falls to 24.

And? At 75 he still had a better season than Boley or Brookings. Plus with Lawyer leaving we need that Vet with a persona.

Having a better season than Boley or Brooking is not saying much and he is already CLEARLY on the decline. I'd rather go after Vilma or even Cato June than Brooks. The draft is also a great way to go.

I wouldn't mind Jermaine Philips to replace Lawyer.

Having a better season than Boley or Brooking is not saying much and he is already CLEARLY on the decline. I'd rather go after Vilma or even Cato June than Brooks. The draft is also a great way to go.

I wouldn't mind Jermaine Philips to replace Lawyer.

money money money. I'm sure he'll be cheaper than those guys. Especially him knowing he'll get a chance at the Bucks twice a year. Besides you draft a OLB and let him mentor the guy for a year or two. Win win.

We would sign Mike Peterson formerly from Jacksonville before we sign Brooks. If we were to sign any veteran that old, we would make sure that that player already knows the coach's offense/defense inside-out. We won't be babysitting veterans making sure they adjust to our system again. I'm sure Dimitroff will not want that.

Besides, what makes you think he'd be good enough on this young, upcoming team when he's obviously not good enough for Tampa? There are much better and easier to understand options out there instead of Brooks, who someone said above is probably around 75 years old.

Edited by Libid21

We would sign Mike Peterson formerly from Jacksonville before we sign Brooks. If we were to sign any veteran that old, we would make sure that that player already knows the coach's offense/defense inside-out. We won't be babysitting veterans making sure they adjust to our system again. I'm sure Dimitroff will not want that.

Besides, what makes you think he'd be good enough on this young, upcoming team when he's obviously not good enough for Tampa? There are much better and easier to understand options out there instead of Brooks, who someone said above is probably around 75 years old.

Very true. Brooks was awesome, but he played the weak side in a cover two. We don't run the cover two. He will find a team that can play him there... or retire. Tuggle could still play when we let him go. He chose to retire a Falcon. Brooks might choose that path. What does he have to prove?