• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Refs cost us this game

capstone21

• Moderators

I don't think foul calls cost us the game. I think that is on our FT shooting and our reversion to ineffective iso's on offense as we lost our lead down the stretch.

That said, watching the last 2 plays (prior to the final shot) with JJ and Lebron both drawing contact is paintful. Much more contact on JJ's drive than on Lebron's but the call goes for the player on the road. I hate the NBA star system and have for my entire life. It was the one aspect of Jordan's career that made me root strongly against him. If you are the better player you shouldn't need to get bogus calls on a regular basis as well.

The one that truly bugged me was when Josh went straight up with Lebron at the rim (Lebron iniates contact) and Josh gets called for the foul. And Josh, rightfully so, flipped out. The lady from ESPN kept trying to say it was a foul but I never saw any contact that Lebron didn't start.

I don't like to say refs cost games because I think it cheapens it when things get really blatant.

I will say that reffing has gotten so bad in the NBA that its often-times hard to watch games. Its just so uneven, obviously basketball has to be reffed subjectively but I think you need to establish a pattern and stick with it. If you are going to let guys play, let them play. If you are going to call it tight, call it tight. It gets really annoying when they let guys mug eachother for 5 minutes, then they call a foul and everyone complains, so then they start calling stupid stuff to "make it even."

The refs didn't cost us the game, we cost ourselves the game.

However, there were a couple of BS calls against Smoove that really ticked me off. Then JJ not getting the call at the end and Lebron getting the call, man I was hysterical at that point.

These 1 point losses to the best teams are really starting to drive me crazy!

I think that it is a cop out to say the we lost the games ourselves. I mean no team shoots 100 percent from the free throw line, no team shots 80 percent from the field. Of all the variables that have an impact on the game you expect the officiating to be down the middle and it should be. On the last LBJ foul was there any contact at all? I mean he throws himself into people. We lost the game due to that bad call plain and simple!!!! Bad calls vs. phantom calls. I will take a bad call all day because he can be argued either way but accusing players of fouls they didn't commit (phantom fouls) is wrong no matter who the player is.

I think that it is a cop out to say the we lost the games ourselves. I mean no team shoots 100 percent from the free throw line, no team shots 80 percent from the field. Of all the variables that have an impact on the game you expect the officiating to be down the middle and it should be. On the last LBJ foul was there any contact at all? I mean he throws himself into people. We lost the game due to that bad call plain and simple!!!! Bad calls vs. phantom calls. I will take a bad call all day because he can be argued either way but accusing players of fouls they didn't commit (phantom fouls) is wrong no matter who the player is.

I think it's fair to say that call decided the game, but it's not why we lost. We lost because we didn't get that defensive rebound that lead to the Mo Williams 3 late, among many other things that we did wrong.

Great NBA basketball games like we saw last night inevitbaly come down to the final minute or two. Whatever had happened up to that point was irrelevant within that final minute - that is when the game was on the line and that's when the officials made the bogus call. Unfortunately for us there wasn't quite enough time to make up that difference.

• Moderators
Great NBA basketball games like we saw last night inevitbaly come down to the final minute or two. Whatever had happened up to that point was irrelevant within that final minute - that is when the game was on the line and that's when the officials made the bogus call. Unfortunately for us there wasn't quite enough time to make up that difference.

And why wasn't there enough time?

Because Woodson ran an idiotic play where we burned the clock down from 40 seconds to 24 seconds - just enough time to ensure we wouldn't get a real possession at the end. We should have shot within 10 seconds to give ourselves at least 6 seconds with the ball after the Cavs had their possession (assuming no offensive board, etc.).

And why wasn't there enough time?

Because Woodson ran an idiotic play where we burned the clock down from 40 seconds to 24 seconds - just enough time to ensure we wouldn't get a real possession at the end. We should have shot within 10 seconds to give ourselves at least 6 seconds with the ball after the Cavs had their possession (assuming no offensive board, etc.).

You said it... what's sad is that he probably never even thought or considered it! :P