• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Certain players get certain calls...

PatheticATLfan

it has always went on in the NBA and it has never changed. Congratulations to Lebron James. You are now the new Magic/Bird/Jordan/Bryant of getting to the line. Just go flying in...take the shot...scream at the top of your lungs like you are getting violated in a prison cell and then make your FREE throws. And yes.. young man...in your case they are definitely "on the house."

Lebron isnt one of those elite players though. He has alot of holes in his game especially jump shooting. He did not deserve that last call. It wasnt even a foul for god sake. Ive said this before that Lebron is a star but he is a boring star. His game isnt all that and he isnt fun to watch. He is glorified by espn but he cant shine Kobes shoes. He isnt even as good as a healthy Wade or Timmy in his prime. He looks silly with some of the shots he misses. When you say Magic, Bird, Jordan, Bryant the name Lebron isnt on that list, not even close.

it has always went on in the NBA and it has never changed. Congratulations to Lebron James. You are now the new Magic/Bird/Jordan/Bryant of getting to the line. Just go flying in...take the shot...scream at the top of your lungs like you are getting violated in a prison cell and then make your FREE throws. And yes.. young man...in your case they are definitely "on the house."

The only contact was lebron throwing the off arm to avoid getting blocked! Lebron got that foul on smith at end of half and another when he was to far up under the basket and they called a foul on JJ! You knew it was BS because JJ was mad as all get out!! It is how the NBA makes stars and Super Stars. Oh lebron Oh lebron he won the game when it was on the line with a fift from the refs.

Edited by smithrules

Lebron isnt one of those elite players though. He has alot of holes in his game especially jump shooting. He did not deserve that last call. It wasnt even a foul for god sake. Ive said this before that Lebron is a star but he is a boring star. His game isnt all that and he isnt fun to watch. He is glorified by espn but he cant shine Kobes shoes. He isnt even as good as a healthy Wade or Timmy in his prime. He looks silly with some of the shots he misses. When you say Magic, Bird, Jordan, Bryant the name Lebron isnt on that list, not even close.

In Miami's playoff run his game reminding me so much of Jordan. Wade is like a 6 4 jordan and better lateral quickness than barry sanders. Wade is just as good as lebron and imho better when healthy.

Mike Brown reminds me of the Celtics players and Piston players. When they win they are arrogant and when they lose or are losing they cry cry cry to the refs and yeall at them without getting t's called. Hell Garnett can even shove a ref and get away with it.

Mike Brown reminds me of the Celtics players and Piston players. When they win they are arrogant and when they lose or are losing they cry cry cry to the refs and yeall at them without getting t's called. Hell Garnett can even shove a ref and get away with it.

Which brings up another point: Did anybody see when the ref bumped into Delonte West after someone on the Cavs fouled one of our guys, and the ref T'd West up? I mean, the ref walked into him, and West got called. That was BS.

And yet, Garnett basically shoves a ref and tells him to get out of his face, a suspend-able action in the NBA, WITH VIDEO AND PHOTO EVIDENCE OF HIM IN THE ACT OF DOING IT, and no foul is called.

The officiating in the NBA is terrible. They need to call it both ways: Not for team vs. team, but for player vs player. West gets T'd up because he's in the wrong place at the wrong time, and Garnett flagrantly does it and nothing happens. Amazing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't be more wrong.

Tough loss, but LBJ is gonna get those calls. Joe had a look, didn't hit it. We'll get them 3 times in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Lebron is more of a media made player than Jordan or Bird.

There were two times when Bron was fouled by his own man and the Hawks were called for the foul. The first time was early in the gmae. I can't recall who ran into him but no Hawk was in the area and they called it on Horf. The second time was When AV did his patented flop and while flopping his head collided with Lebron's head. Flip Murray called for the foul.

The point is that there were a lot of calls for Lebron and he's not much more than the most physical player in the game. He can pass, but hell, so could Rasheed.

the nba is a players league since(as you guys stated) bird and magic, maybe even longer but i'm not sure. i thought joe would get that call too because joe is an allstar, 3 times too. why didn't he get that? i'm not questioning, i'm not even asking i'm just saying that. i'm not mad, i'm not upset. i thought about we should just foul lebron right after he got the ball half count when there're still 16 seconds left.

• Moderators
the nba is a players league since(as you guys stated) bird and magic, maybe even longer but i'm not sure. i thought joe would get that call too because joe is an allstar, 3 times too. why didn't he get that? i'm not questioning, i'm not even asking i'm just saying that. i'm not mad, i'm not upset. i thought about we should just foul lebron right after he got the ball half count when there're still 16 seconds left.

What we should have done is not be idiots with our clock management.

We had the ball with 40 seconds left. We should have gotten a shot off within 10 seconds so we were guaranteed another possession absent an offensive rebound by the Cavs. By actively running down the clock, the only thing we did was guarantee that Cleveland would have the last chance for anything other than a catch and shoot.

Very bad coaching strategy on that possession.

Lebron is more of a media made player than Jordan or Bird.

There were two times when Bron was fouled by his own man and the Hawks were called for the foul. The first time was early in the gmae. I can't recall who ran into him but no Hawk was in the area and they called it on Horf. The second time was When AV did his patented flop and while flopping his head collided with Lebron's head. Flip Murray called for the foul.

The point is that there were a lot of calls for Lebron and he's not much more than the most physical player in the game. He can pass, but hell, so could Rasheed.

NBA officiating is definately the worst out of all the major sports. Like you said he ran into his guys yet gets a foul call. He gets phantom calls and the refs basically gave them the game at the end.

The only reason LeBron isn't on that list is because of championships. LeBron may have holes in his game but he has a combo of size, athleticism and skills that is unmatched by any of those guys. He is FAR more athletic than Magic or Larry yet he is the same height they are and he outweighs both those guys by AT LEAST 35 lbs (probably closer to 45 lbs). LeBron is nearly as big as Karl Malone yet he has Jordan-like athleticism. Jordan and Kobe are better scorers and defenders but LeBron handles it, passes it and rebounds it every bit as well, if not better, than either of them. He also outweighs both guys by 40-50 lbs yet he is every bit as athletic as either of them. All of the above and the guy JUST turned 24.

I agree 100% that he gets a bunch of BS calls (he got AT LEAST 3 last night that were atrocious) but so did Jordan, Bird and Magic and Kobe still does too. You can DEFINITELY put D Wade on that list as well.

LeBron is at the same stage in his career that Jordan was when everyone tried to say that he was no Magic or Bird. Just as Jordan did, LeBron will have to win a championship to prove he belongs in the conversation. I have no doubt he will prove how great he is before all is said and done.

The only reason LeBron isn't on that list is because of championships. LeBron may have holes in his game but he has a combo of size, athleticism and skills that is unmatched by any of those guys. He is FAR more athletic than Magic or Larry yet he is the same height they are and he outweighs both those guys by AT LEAST 35 lbs (probably closer to 45 lbs). LeBron is nearly as big as Karl Malone yet he has Jordan-like athleticism. Jordan and Kobe are better scorers and defenders but LeBron handles it, passes it and rebounds it every bit as well, if not better, than either of them. He also outweighs both guys by 40-50 lbs yet he is every bit as athletic as either of them. All of the above and the guy JUST turned 24.

I agree 100% that he gets a bunch of BS calls (he got AT LEAST 3 last night that were atrocious) but so did Jordan, Bird and Magic and Kobe still does too. You can DEFINITELY put D Wade on that list as well.

LeBron is at the same stage in his career that Jordan was when everyone tried to say that he was no Magic or Bird. Just as Jordan did, LeBron will have to win a championship to prove he belongs in the conversation. I have no doubt he will prove how great he is before all is said and done.

Solomon Jones is more athletic than Magic or Larry, lol. Do you work for espn?

• Moderators

Lebron is statistically much more dominant than any other player in the league this year. He absolutely owns Kobe by the numbers (including defensive efficiency numbers), and I would not hesitate to build around him first if given the chance to get LeBron or Kobe at the same age.