• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yes Josh, That's What We Want To See!

d2v16DKG

:angel19: Wow, outside of that last ill-advised jumpshot, that's the Josh Smith we WANT to see and the Hawks NEED to see if we are to make any kind of noise in the playoffs! What a difference a day makes! Credit goes to Woody on this one- getting Josh motivated to play the way he HAS to play for the Hawks to be successful. Now Josh keep it up! I really don't like yelling at you through my TV set anymore than you do (and my wife simply hates it). And even your made foul shots were a major importance! Also, another outstanding job by Flip (who is probably my favorite Hawk player because he goes 100% every night)! Great must win tonight! Now, I can enjoy my weekend.

I hope we get that Smoove to show up every game from here on out. If he does then it will make some of us who want him traded ASAP think again about that. We need this effort from him every game. He has a lot of making up to do from previous games.

Edited by UltimaDragonReaver

Best game of the year for Josh. Not from an athletic or production stand point, but as a matter of focus. If looked as though he was actively thinking about his game and his in-game decision making. Good job, young man.

I can live with Josh missing jump shots if his energy level and focus are where they were Saturday night. Josh will probably never be a great shooter, but when he's on his game, he brings things that few (if any) in the NBA bring.

Edited by Spiral

Best game of the year for Josh. Not from an athletic or production stand point, but as a matter of focus. If looked as though he was actively thinking about his game and his in-game decision making. Good job, young man.

I agree and he played with emotion last night also. Smoove saved the day yesterday. Its like what someone posted in the chat. Smoove played like he trying to GET that 10 million instead of playing like he already has it.

I agree and he played with emotion last night also. Smoove saved the day yesterday. Its like what someone posted in the chat. Smoove played like he trying to GET that 10 million instead of playing like he already has it.

Sometime young players need a kick in the as* to get back in gear. Smoove is still awfully young, although it doesn't seem like it. I know the team is better when each individual contributes to the team and plays to their individual strengths well. But, when Smoove is playing with energy on both ends of the floor, like last night, the Hawks are a scary team. JJ did not play well at all last night. Most times when he is off, we lose. Few players on this team can carry us when JJ is off. Smoove is one. His impact on this team is apparent.

I can live with Josh missing jump shots if his energy level and focus are where they were Saturday night. Josh will probably never be a great shooter, but when he's on his game, he brings things that few (if any) in the NBA bring.

Exactly. Smith needs to be that high-energy, crash the boards, take no prisoners guy for the Hawks to be successful. The pouting, disinterested Josh gets the team losses.

The question moving forward is, can Josh keep up the focus and energy the rest of the way?

- If so, then the Hawks become that dangerous team that no one will want to play in the playoffs.

- If not, the Hawks will drop to the 6 or 7 seed and have an early exit from the first round.

Something happened during the season that screwed with Josh's head. The first 4 games of the season he was killing himself out there. He came back from the ankle injury a little tentatively, had a nice stretch in January and then just dogged it. I'm not sure if it's Woody of if something else just got in his head and he let it bring him down but that more than anything screwed with the team because when he plays well, he can actually carry a team - he has a developing post game, gets to the line, blocks shots, shares the ball, and can defend multiple positions.

When we talk about the Hawks needing Josh to play well for HC in the playoffs because we'll be tough with HC, I think, the only way we'll be real tough is with Josh playing well anyway - we keep remembering how nasty Joe was in a couple of those wins but no one mentions Josh's 27-9-6 on 17 shots or his 28 points on 16 shots with 7 blocks.

Think JJ said they had a players only meeting. About time they did that. And Smoove and Al got 24 rebounds.

Translation.

Joe says, "Dude he's the coach"

Acie Says, "He's an *ss"

Josh says, "Oh *@!*. He's a *@!*, *@!* and a *@!**@!* *@!*.

Joe says, "Well yeah but as long as he's the coach we gotta be like."

Bibby meanwhile sits and listens to his IPOD.

Al says, "Josh. you want to get rid of him. Score 20 and 12 with 4 blocks a night for a year and then after the season tell management you want a trade if the S.O.B. isn't gone."

Josh says, "yeah"