• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin's Back

Hawk88

I heard on the radio that Marvin's back injury might be serious and season ending. This scenario is sounding like the Dermar Johnson saga. Marvin may never fulfill him immense potential now that his back is hurt. yeah, yeah, yeah. Another injury saves the kid's ego.

Just watching Marvin walk around, his posture has always looked bad.

Another Hawk top pick bites the dust.

Hawk88

• Premium Member
I heard on the radio that Marvin's back injury might be serious and season ending. This scenario is sounding like the Dermar Johnson saga. Marvin may never fulfill him immense potential now that his back is hurt. yeah, yeah, yeah. Another injury saves the kid's ego.

Hawk88

WOW!!!!!!! :no-no: :no-no: :no-no: WOW!!!!!

Do you have espn or something?

Hawk88

I think your overreacting.

Marvin need to start doing some deadlifts and ab crunches and work out his core. His posture is so out of wack. He needs to build up those muscles IMO.

• Premium Member
Marvin need to start doing some deadlifts and ab crunches and work out his core. His posture is so out of wack. He needs to build up those muscles IMO.

Man, I didn't know it was that serious. The good thing is that he doesn't have a history of back problems, so this may heal up and he'll be 100% again. I hate it for him and the team because we look good when EVERYONE is available and playing their best. I hope this situation is not as bad as it is being made out to be and he can make it back in a few weeks. But I don't want to see him rush back and end up like Tracy Mcrady. If the quality of his long term career is in jeopardy, he needs to shut it down for the rest of this season.

Man, I didn't know it was that serious. The good thing is that he doesn't have a history of back problems, so this may heal up and he'll be 100% again. I hate it for him and the team because we look good when EVERYONE is available and playing their best. I hope this situation is not as bad as it is being made out to be and he can make it back in a few weeks. But I don't want to see him rush back and end up like Tracy Mcrady. If the quality of his long term career is in jeopardy, he needs to shut it down for the rest of this season.

I didn't know it was that bad either. I hope he will not be out the rest of the year because we need Marvin to go as far as we could in the playoffs. Forget his 14ppg, that could be replaced by JJ and others stepping up but he has become a good perimeter defender this year and our best one also. That would be a major blow to us. Evans is ok but he is no Marvin. I hope he will be back soon

None of us know whether it's bad or not and all of this speculation has come from JJ talking about how they'd deal in a worst case situation if Marvin were out for the rest of the year. Right now he's day to day and that's all we know.

Last I heard he is out indefinitely, not day to day, and that there are "rumblings" around the locker room that it could be very serious, even season ending.

Where did you hear that? I highly doubt that any rumor going around is based on anything other than JJ's quote about the worst case scenario so until we hear something from the team other than what they've already told us I'll stay positive about him being back in a couple of weeks.

Where did you hear that? I highly doubt that any rumor going around is based on anything other than JJ's quote about the worst case scenario so until we hear something from the team other than what they've already told us I'll stay positive about him being back in a couple of weeks.

Sekou was on 680 a couple of days ago and Buck and Kincaid were saying that according to him, it seems to be potentially very serious.

Sekou was on 680 a couple of days ago and Buck and Kincaid were saying that according to him, it seems to be potentially very serious.

Hmm, I hope that's just Sekou trying to create something to talk about ... but Exodus had a good point that there is only a few weeks left in the season so even out a few weeks would be the rest of the season.

Bottom line though is that I hope Marvin will be okay. There's no doubt that we're not as good without him.

Hmm, I hope that's just Sekou trying to create something to talk about ... but Exodus had a good point that there is only a few weeks left in the season so even out a few weeks would be the rest of the season.

Bottom line though is that I hope Marvin will be okay. There's no doubt that we're not as good without him.

Agreed. He will be sorely missed. It's a shame too. Woodson is quoted as saying he's still walking gingerly. If he's having trouble just walking, being able to play is a whole other animal. Doesn't sound too promising.