• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marcin Gortat

mrhonline

Do you think this guy is good enough to give a couple of million dollars to next year? I'm thinking that the Magic will be bucking up against the luxury tax even if TurkeyGlue opts out.

Hollinger has been raving about him.

Pluses are that he's a solid shotblocker, efficient scorer, and nasty rebounder.

Minuses are that he's a completely unknown quantity and fairly mistake prone.

Is it possible to get him and retain Zaza? Is Gortat worth letting Zaza go if he's cheaper?

^^^Think that mix could work?

I'm just thinking out loud here...

Well I think it would work better than what we have now... at least we'd be OK when any 1 front court player went down.

Not sure if it would be optimal, but if thats the best we can do and it is in fact doable, yeah I do think it could work.

We definitely need a 2nd backup big man, I think the issue with those two would be minute management. Unless we were willing to put Al on the bench as a versatile 1st big off the bench (he can be subbed in at either position), Woody would have to be creative with the minutes or he'd risk falling into to the trap of not playing either Za or Gortat depending on who was doing well.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcin wants:

- 4-5 mln a year

- 20+ mins/game (starting spot prefered)

- warm climate is a big bonus.

I haven't noticed him being more turnovers prone than average big guy, stats say different story (1/3 TO/game in 11.7 mins), but he doesn't get ball in offense too often.

He's solid defender, reads game well. His biggest advantage over Zaza (besides size) is that he actually can jump. He can dunk from free throw line.

Gortat is very raw offensively, he misses most of his jump shots, his FT shooting went down of lately. Like Pachulia, he hustles for rebounds on both sides of the court.

And he can run, probably as fast as Zaza.

Summary: Marcin is already too expansive.

Our C now really is a #2 C. Gortat would be a nice addition, but I think we still need to look at spending our second pick of the draft on a C. We are just a few key pieces away from being great. Drafting a center along with trading for Gortat will set us up for greatness in years to come. . . .plus there are some solid C, and some not-so-solid C with HUGE upside, that will be available then. Two young capable centers would put us in a good place. A place we haven't been in for ages. . ..

Edited by HamHawk