• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shall we call him Mike "The Bad Team Beater" Bibby?

NineOhTheRino

The original poster was saying Bibby doesn't show up versus good teams. He was wrong because he has shown up against tons of good teams THIS year.

I know and I disagree with that but my post quoted a specific post. Bibby looked like he never played in the NBA before in the playoffs last year so what he did with Sacremento in his mid 20's with 2-3 All-Stars and other great players means nothing when it comes to today.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what he's done in the past while in his prime on another team that was stacked means nothing. He has to prove it in a Hawks uniform and so far he failed misarably last year against Boston.

Sorry but when you claim a player can't step up against good teams and then use only a single playoff round (a round in which only JJ had a decent series) against the champs then you aren't being very logical or fair. Especially when that player has had great games against some great teams.

I know and I disagree with that but my post quoted a specific post. Bibby looked like he never played in the NBA before in the playoffs last year so what he did with Sacremento in his mid 20's with 2-3 All-Stars and other great players means nothing when it comes to today.

If you're using that logic then you shouldn't use last year (in which Bibby was still hurt) when it comes to today. So for reference how far back is one allowed to go when discussing a player? Prev. night, last week, last month, is last years payoffs the latest you will go?

You make it sound like Bibby is old and slowing down now. He's having a career year in case you haven't noticed. I can understand you not likeing his game. I really can. But to support a stand based off of an injury plagued series against the champs claiming a player can't pay in big games when that player has in fact done so his whole career is laughable.

Edited by Dsinner

If you're using that logic then you shouldn't use last year (in which Bibby was still hurt) when it comes to today. So for reference how far back is one allowed to go when discussing a player? Prev. night, last week, last month, is last years payoffs the latest you will go?

You make it sound like Bibby is old and slowing down now. He's having a career year in case you haven't noticed. I can understand you not likeing his game. I really can. But to support a stand based off of an injury plagued series against the champs claiming a player can't pay in big games when that player has in fact done so his whole career is laughable.

oh please I was sick and still am about Bibby being injured. That's bs. Bibby was perfectly fine. Bibby was hurt when we got him. His previous injury had nothing to do with him looking like crap against Boston. Injury has nothing do with the mental part of the game. He was playing like an idiot.

• Premium Member

Don't bother Dsinner. NineOh and Cwell just don't like Bibby. Anyone who's been a fan of the NBA for at least 10 years knows how Bibby performed against very good teams in the Playoffs while at Sacramento. Heck, he and Webber should have Championship rings considering how they got shafted by the refs when they played the Lakers. The guy was money during the Playoffs. There was a reason why he got that HUGE contract a few years ago.

Don't bother Dsinner. NineOh and Cwell just don't like Bibby. Anyone who's been a fan of the NBA for at least 10 years knows how Bibby performed against very good teams in the Playoffs while at Sacramento. Heck, he and Webber should have Championship rings considering how they got shafted by the refs when they played the Lakers. The guy was money during the Playoffs. There was a reason why he got that HUGE contract a few years ago.

please. Don't even include me with that other guy. I don't even agree with his thread. "There was a reason why he got that HUGE contract a few years ago." yep, and there was also a reason why he was traded for 4 bums last year. He's not the same guy he was with Sacremento. He was one of my favorite players in the NBA back then. What he did with the Kings means nothing now,he has to prove he can still do that and when he had the chance last year he laid an egg. U can't blame his bad shot selection and dumb plays on a thumb injury he recovered from a long time ago. Y'all act like he is just removed from his Sacremento glory days. He's been an afterthought as a top PG in the NBA for a while now. I had forgotten he was still a King when we got him.

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member
please. Don't even include me with that other guy. I don't even agree with his thread. "There was a reason why he got that HUGE contract a few years ago." yep, and there was also a reason why he was traded for 4 bums last year. He's not the same guy he was with Sacremento. He was one of my favorite players in the NBA back then. What he did with the Kings means nothing now,he has to prove he can still do that and when he had the chance last year he laid an egg. U can't blame his bad shot selection and dumb plays on a thumb injury he recovered from a long time ago. Y'all act like he is just removed from his Sacremento glory days. He's been an afterthought as a top PG in the NBA for a while now. I had forgotten he was still a King when we got him.

Actually, it was his heel and his thumb injury. And I don't think Bibby takes many bad shots at all. I know the guy has aged since his glory days, but I'm not ready to put him out to pasture like some around here are. He's the best PG on the roster, so if you have any suggestions as to who on this roster could do a better job at his position, I'm all ears dude. If you can't offer any viable alternatives, why not just support the guy who's in place right now? At a certain point you gotta stop 'wishing" and just roll with what you have. Now next season may be a different story...

Actually, it was his heel and his thumb injury. And I don't think Bibby takes many bad shots at all. I know the guy has aged since his glory days, but I'm not ready to put him out to pasture like some around here are. He's the best PG on the roster, so if you have any suggestions as to who on this roster could do a better job at his position, I'm all ears dude. If you can't offer any viable alternatives, why not just support the guy who's in place right now? At a certain point you gotta stop 'wishing" and just roll with what you have. Now next season may be a different story...

lmao that heel injury was LONG gone by then. It isn't like he uses his feet to the limit anyway. He's slow as molasses. The thunb was a non issue also. Bibby isn't the best PG on the roster unless everybody has gotten the chance to play with the starters for 30+ minutes every night. Bibby doesn't take bad shots? so I guess u missed all those dumb pull up jumpers a couple seconds across half court he shot while already 0-8 from the field?

• Premium Member
lmao that heel injury was LONG gone by then. It isn't like he uses his feet to the limit anyway. He's slow as molasses. The thunb was a non issue also. Bibby isn't the best PG on the roster unless everybody has gotten the chance to play with the starters for 30+ minutes every night. Bibby doesn't take bad shots? so I guess u missed all those dumb pull up jumpers a couple seconds across half court he shot while already 0-8 from the field?

Bibs is the best PG on the roster. You'll have a hard time finding ANYONE on this site or on the team itself who would disagree with that. If you have any other alternatives, I'm all ears.

• Premium Member
Bibs is the best PG on the roster. You'll have a hard time finding ANYONE on this site or on the team itself who would disagree with that. If you have any other alternatives, I'm all ears.

being the best PG on this team aint saying much brother.

• Premium Member

Bibby gave you 13pt and 4 dimes. Please keep in mind that 5 of his point came way too late. Now add in the fact that his piss-poor defense had Woody switching Horford to guard Parker. So with that I have no problem saying that Mike Bibby is the reason the Hawk lost this game.

Face it guys...Mike Bibby is more the problem than a solution.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
being the best PG on this team aint saying much brother.

Oh yes it is too. We are a team that currently owns the 4th seed in the East. We have a winning record. Dogpiling after a loss changes NONE of that. Trashing Bibs on a message board won't get Acie more playing time.

Cwell thinks that acie is the second coming of chris Paul and everyone else knows he's not. Cwell is a bibby hater plain and simple. That is it.

and what does that make u? plskeepbibby? LMAO u have no position to call anybody's bias. I was here before Acie and will be here afterwards. After Bibby packs his bags this off-season you're screen name will prolly follow him.

Gotta be honest. The Atlanta Hawks Bibby is trash. If his jumper isnt on he is worthless. He is slow, cant get in the lane, and cant play defense. Woody shouldve split the PG with Acie instead of running flip with Bibby and JJ. Thats 3 SG and no one to run the team and get in the lane.

To be honest i would let Bibby go and get my ONE year out of Speedy as our back up and give the team to Acie.

CWELL come visist me at the highlight factory SECTION 116 ROW A SEAT 1 AND 2, i am assuming that you might actually come to one of the next two games considering it is Boston and LA. HAHA I have been to every game this year while you are busy chatting in that room watching the game from your house. COme support the team and come holla at me. SEASON TICKET HOLDERS > CWELL

Bibby gave you 13pt and 4 dimes. Please keep in mind that 5 of his point came way too late. Now add in the fact that his piss-poor defense had Woody switching Horford to guard Parker.

That's simply not true. Woody's piss poor coaching has us switching EVERY game no matter who's at point, or who's playing center. That is a fact. Please watch some games without an agenda. They are much more enjoyable.

Cwell thinks that acie is the second coming of chris Paul and everyone else knows he's not. Cwell is a bibby hater plain and simple. That is it.

Hell, I like Acie and think he deserves more PT. I also like Bibby's game especially for our team. Not sure why you have to like one or the other. Sure, Bibby is no all star but he is playing very good this year and I can't see how anyone can bash him THIS year.

I understand people wanting to diss his defense. I understand people wanting to challenge his playmaking ability and stamina. But when challenge a player like Bibby's ability to step it up in big games it makes me wonder how old some of these people really are.

• Premium Member
Hell, I like Acie and think he deserves more PT. I also like Bibby's game especially for our team. Not sure why you have to like one or the other. Sure, Bibby is no all star but he is playing very good this year and I can't see how anyone can bash him THIS year.

Co-signed. I like them both because they are Hawks. I like Bibs for what he brings now and I like Law for what he may bring in the future. I hope he becomes the type of player he was back at Texas A&M in the NBA, because that would make him a perfect fit for this team. I'm pretty sure that was what BK had in mind on draft night. But that ain't happening this late in the season or in the postseason, so I'm supporting the guy who's got the starting PG position RIGHT NOW. And it's not like the guy is AJ or Lue or Mat Maloney or Bimbo Coles for goodness sake. Bibs is a competent PG who has gotten the job done and then some this year.