• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shall we call him Mike "The Bad Team Beater" Bibby?

NineOhTheRino

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or does this guys only show up versus the bad teams?

More like vs. bad PGs.........but most bad teams have bad PGs.

Put Rondo on the Grizz and Bibby would have sucked but we still would have won.

That is what worries me about the playoffs. All the teams have good PGs.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Stop hating Nine. It's always the same thing from you. We would suck this season if we didn't have Bibby. He's not our MVP but he does his job adequately enough for us to continue to improve. He scores the ball and dishes it and gives us some leadership at the PG slot which are things we haven't had since Mook got traded.

Well can't take those games for granted

But yeah playoff time Bibby is going to have to show up. Either that or Flip Murray should get more PT

Flip should be playing as much as possible. He's taken it upon himself to pick up Marv's scoring load and some. Nique and Bob stressed last night how important Flip will be to us in the playoffs, I couldn't agree more.

Mike Bibby has been an important part of the Hawks' turnaround. However, against bad teams--especially on the road--is where I worry about Bibby.

I would consider starting Joe at point and Flip at SG, and let Bibby and Acie split minutes.

Come on. We all knew that Bibby was hot and cold when we got him. This year he's been mostly hot. I think that this current cold streak is mostly due to being really effected with a bad flu bug. Bibby will be ready for the playoffs. If not with his personal offense, with his decsion making and stabalizing influence on the floor. That being said, his defense will still be a potential liability.

• Premium Member
Give it a rest. All of the guys have had their ups and downs. Here is hoping that he gets hot for the playoffs.

Agreed. I just hope Bibby is hot in time for the Playoffs. He was great for Sactown during the postseason but that was a few years ago. He's had stretches of games where he looks like that same old player from Sacramento(like last night), but I have a feeling age is catching up with him a bit and it's showing through inconsistent play. If he gets rolling in time for the Playoffs, we will be a VERY dangerous team. Our backcourt becomes one of THE best backcourts in the East and it makes it easier for the frontline to do their thing without all of the clutter in the paint. I want to see him hit his stride from the three point line in time for the Playoffs. When he's on, he makes up for some of our offensive deficiencies.

Edited by hawkman

• Premium Member

Against the Cavs, Lakers, and Celtics... he averages 13.7 ppg, and 2.4 apg. That's not so bad when you think about the points, but the assists are horrid. He needs to find a way to be more of a spark on offense!!

• Premium Member
Against the Cavs, Lakers, and Celtics... he averages 13.7 ppg, and 2.4 apg. That's not so bad when you think about the points, but the assists are horrid. He needs to find a way to be more of a spark on offense!!

Those are a ll good defensive teams. The passes are being made but the offensive execution is not there, if you know what I mean. I wonder how Rondo would look if the guys around him had a harder time scoring?

Come on. We all knew that Bibby was hot and cold when we got him. This year he's been mostly hot. I think that this current cold streak is mostly due to being really effected with a bad flu bug. Bibby will be ready for the playoffs. If not with his personal offense, with his decsion making and stabalizing influence on the floor. That being said, his defense will still be a constant liability.

:go ahead:

It's just you.

No kidding. How quickly some forget he has been very good playoff PG in the past. That or they're not old enough to remember. Bibby is one of the last guys on this club that should be getting ANY crap. He's the only starter having a career year and he's had a long career at that.

No kidding. How quickly some forget he has been very good playoff PG in the past. That or they're not old enough to remember. Bibby is one of the last guys on this club that should be getting ANY crap. He's the only starter having a career year and he's had a long career at that.

what he's done in the past while in his prime on another team that was stacked means nothing. He has to prove it in a Hawks uniform and so far he failed misarably last year against Boston.

what he's done in the past while in his prime on another team that was stacked means nothing. He has to prove it in a Hawks uniform and so far he failed misarably last year against Boston.

The original poster was saying Bibby doesn't show up versus good teams. He was wrong because he has shown up against tons of good teams THIS year.