• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would love to see Z punch the [bleep] out of a someone

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

This team needs to get fired up guys and I think Z can be ignition. Joe looks bored out there and the rest of they guys seem to be feeding off of his negative energy. That's why I'm trying to get Zaza to punch the u-know-what out of a prominent player on the opposing team next time out. We saw this technique (no punches though) work in the Boston series so now try it again while the team is floundering. Hey it's not like we have a coach that can inspire the players so we may as well result to cheap gimmicks.

POW!!!! Knock em square in the mouthpiece Z!

Another note:

I would have fired Woody last year when it got out that he told the team that he would shave his massive head if they made it to playoffs. A NBA coach is suppose to be better than that! At the least a NBA coach should be able to get his players to give 100% without cheap gimmicks. What's next? A promise to shave his chestnuts if they get a playoff series win this year?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Another note:

I would have fired Woody last year when it got out that he told the team that he would shave his massive head if they made it to playoffs. A NBA coach is suppose to be better than that! At the least a NBA coach should be able to get his players to give 100% without cheap gimmicks. What's next? A promise to shave his chestnuts if they get a playoff series win this year?

Only reason the shaving-the-head gimmick motivated the team in any way is that's where they figured he must be hiding the playbook. Imagine their disappointment when they found out that wasn't the case, and the hard truth was that the hope of a playbook was just another shattered dream.

• Moderators
Watching the NCAA tourney the contrast between the stuctured offenses in college and the Hawks 1 on 1 fest is pretty dramatic.

Woodson will be happy to tell you why his guys are too young to learn an offense while those older, more experienced college players can learn to run plays, set screens, exploit mismatches, etc.

This team is always going to be held back offensively under the Woodson regime.

This team needs to get fired up guys and I think Z can be ignition. Joe looks bored out there and the rest of they guys seem to be feeding off of his negative energy. That's why I'm trying to get Zaza to punch the u-know-what out of a prominent player on the opposing team next time out. We saw this technique (no punches though) work in the Boston series so now try it again while the team is floundering. Hey it's not like we have a coach that can inspire the players so we may as well result to cheap gimmicks.

POW!!!! Knock em square in the mouthpiece Z!

I am with you with the cool Joe thing. Don't get me wrong Joe is a baller, but don't expect him to fire-up the Hawks. Josh Smith, Al H and ZaZa are our most spirited players, and man do the Hawks need to show some intensity before the playoffs start. In fact like Woody or not , he is pretty vocal on the sidelines and he will stare you down if you are playing like a bonehead. Horford and Za Za got it fired up against the Celtics last year lets hope they can get some intensity quick.