• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft day selection

gurpilo

Who do you choose?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are two positions we don´t need to cover: SG and PF.

At PG, Bibby ends contract and Acie has not proved to be a starter, it would make sense to draft a PG as this draft has a lot of them

At SF, Marvin also ends contract, we could draft a SF just in case we cannot resign him. Evans can also play the position

At C, we still don´t have a true center.

So here comes the question, who would you draft

PG: Maynor, Teague, Collison, Flynn, Curry

SF: Budinger or Young

C: Mullens, Blair or Brackins

I would personally take Mullens, if he is not available I would draft a PG: Lawson, Maynor or Curry

PG or C.

I like how you say "At C, we still don´t have a true center." Then you go ahead and put Blair, who is 6'7", down for a possible option at center. I don't see Blair being a center in the NBA at all. (For that spot, you can also consider J. Jordan.)

And if we can't resign Marvin, there is really no SF in this draft that could really replace him and have the same impact as he would. If we can't resign Marvin for any stupid reason, we should look to sign someone in the FAcy and still draft a PG or C IMO. Someone like Ron Artest comes to mind, and JJ shifting over to the three would be an option (not one that I would really want to do unless I was forced to).

PG or C.

I like how you say "At C, we still don´t have a true center." Then you go ahead and put Blair, who is 6'7", down for a possible option at center. I don't see Blair being a center in the NBA at all. (For that spot, you can also consider J. Jordan.)

That´s why I said draft Mullens and if he is not available, draft a PG, you should have finished the post.

My opinion is that we should bet on Mullens that is a legit 7 footer with good upside. I still have some faith in Law and think that Bibby could be resigned. Anyway if somehow Lawson drops there forget about Mullens and take him. Also intrigued about Maynor and Flynn and really don´t know if we should take one of them or Mullens, perhaps you guys have a more clear idea than me.

• Premium Member

In a vacuum? I like Blair.

For the Hawks? I agree with the "Mullens or PG" argument. The wings I like - DeRozan, Evans, and Turner - are either gone by 19 or not entering the draft.

BTW, I think there's a very good chance that Sund looks to move the pick if his positive comments about Law are sincere...