• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breaking News ! Garnett pulled out of practice

coachx

I think the biggest mistake Doc Rivers ever made was taking that winning streak in december too seriously. Garnett had been complaining about his knee since early in the season. She should have been shut down in november and had the surgery he is likely going to have now so that he could be ready for the playoffs. At the very least he shouldnt be playing 30+ minutes a game.

Word out of Boston was that they knew this all along and were holding off to boost playoff ticket sales and season ticket sales for next year.

To be quite honest, I think this doesnt change much in playoff terms. I think Boston will still be favorites against the bulls and magic, and will still be an underdog against cleveland. Of course, now they are going to be much less likely to upset cleveland, but i didnt think it was going to happen anyways.

The lakers who must by upset by the news. They are going to coast through the western playoffs, and if cleveland had to go 7 with boston it would have been a huge advantage for them

Edited by dlpin

I think the biggest mistake Doc Rivers ever made was taking that winning streak in december too seriously. Garnett had been complaining about his knee since early in the season. She should have been shut down in november and had the surgery he is likely going to have now so that he could be ready for the playoffs. At the very least he shouldnt be playing 30+ minutes a game.

Word out of Boston was that they knew this all along and were holding off to boost playoff ticket sales and season ticket sales for next year.

To be quite honest, I think this doesnt change much in playoff terms. I think Boston will still be favorites against the bulls and magic, and will still be an underdog against cleveland. Of course, now they are going to be much less likely to upset cleveland, but i didnt think it was going to happen anyways.

The lakers who must by upset by the news. They are going to coast through the western playoffs, and if cleveland had to go 7 with boston it would have been a huge advantage for them

Vegas may pick Boston as the favorite if they were to face the Magic in the second round, however my money is on Orlando if those two teams meet. Orlando has been second and third fiddle to Boston and Cleveland all year. Orlando won 59 games this year, yet they're flying under the radar. If KG is out vs. Orlando, look for the Magic to win the series. Sure the Nelson injury hurts, but Alston is more than capable of leading the team into a deep run. With the best center in the league, along with Hedo and Rashard, don't sleep on them in the East.

Vegas may pick Boston as the favorite if they were to face the Magic in the second round, however my money is on Orlando if those two teams meet. Orlando has been second and third fiddle to Boston and Cleveland all year. Orlando won 59 games this year, yet they're flying under the radar. If KG is out vs. Orlando, look for the Magic to win the series. Sure the Nelson injury hurts, but Alston is more than capable of leading the team into a deep run. With the best center in the league, along with Hedo and Rashard, don't sleep on them in the East.

The thing is that Orlando has been struggling mightly as of late. If this was one month ago, I would agree with you. But Boston finished the season 8-2, and Orlando went 5-5. In any case, we'll see. I just don't think it changes the dynamic of the playoffs. Garnett is a great player, but I think Boston is good enough to beat Orlando without him, and bad enough that they wouldnt beat cleveland even with him.