• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rondo out plays Rose for Game 2 win

coachx

I know Ray Allen hit the game winning 3 point shot as the clock was running down and got the last laugh even though Ben Gordon also put on a shooting exhibition and burned Allen's defense through the 4th quarter.

However, the true difference maker over the course of the game that won it for the Celtics was Rondo with a solid triple double scoring 19 points , with 12 rebounds, and 17 assist. Add to this that he held Rose in check for 10 points and he was the difference maker.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290420002

If the Celtics win that series, it's gonna be because of Rondo's continued high level of play. Rondo is playing at the same level that he was playing at back in November. However, that sprained ankle is definitely an issue, and Powe being out for the rest of the playoffs is also a concern for them.

But you can't doubt the champs, still. As much as I hate to say that about the Celtics, they have got a lionheart.

He was the 21st pick, which the suns "sold" to the celtics.

Say what you want about Ainge, but the man knows how to draft. He traded away every single top 10 pick he ever had, but with picks in the lower teens and up he picked quite a few gems. I know not every pick here was a celtics pick, but they were all acquired draft day, which means that he knew who to pick

I mean, look at the team that started yesterday:

Rondo- 21st pick

Davis- 35th pick

Perkins- 27th pick

add to that:

Powe - 49th

tony allen - 25th pick

And the ones who he picked but eventually traded away:

Al Jefferson - 15th

Delonte West- 24th

Ryan Gomes - 50th

As much as it sounds kooky and far fetched, there seems to be some validity to the whole "brain doctor" approach to the draft that he has.

• 2 weeks later...

Bulls are freakin idots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. They win this series easy long time ago if they weren't so stupid. They've outplayed Boston all series. Rose makes the dumbest to's and dissapears. Gordon doesn't even try on defense. The team doesn't do obvious things,like why let Allen shoot a 3 when they were up by 3? they should have fouled him and just give up the 2. Every game they're there in the 4th then do stupid stuff and lets Boston come back.

Edited by Cwell

Bulls are freakin idots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. They win this series easy long time ago if they weren't so stupid. They've outplayed Boston all series. Rose makes the dumbest to's and dissapears. Gordon doesn't even try on defense. The team doesn't do obvious things,like why let Allen shoot a 3 when they were up by 3? they should have fouled him and just give up the 2. Every game they're there in the 4th then do stupid stuff and lets Boston come back.

same could be said of Boston, as they let Gordon take that 3 pointer in game 4, and today Doc put in Tony Allen with 2 minutes to go after the line up on the court went on an 18 point run.

In fact, that is the underplayed aspect of this series: it has been so entertaining because the two coaches are god awful game managers who let the game flow even when they are up with a few seconds to go. I mean, how many times did a team get to the end of the game without time outs?

Either team had a decent game manager for coach and this series would be over long ago.