• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we do not get a corner in the draft

coachx

There are still some big name FA CBs out there:

1. Dre Bly

2. Corey McCallister

3. Mike McKenzie

Sure all of them are a little long in the tooth but we may need to get one. Especially with the signing of TG placing us in win now mode.

Dre Bly seems the most attractive of the group sice McCallister has been injured so much as of late. Bly has taken a little bit of a beating with Denver having the fewest sacks in the league over the past couple of years and Champ Bailey being injured. I think he still has some game left with Abraham rushing the QB.

Honestly, I wouldn't want any one of those guys.

You would rather start Grimes then Bly ?

Do you not remember who our best CB was last season ? The name Foxworth ring a bell ?

Foxworth was the nickle back in Denver b/c he was simply not as good as Dre Bly. He came to Atlanta and Foxworth was starting over Grimes after one week of studying Atlanta's playbook.

So if Bly can start over Foxworth then he is surely an upgrade over the CB's we currently have.

With Gonzales at 33..........we are in win now mode ! Not sure if we can count on a rookie to fill all of the starting holes on defense. If we just plugged a veteran into a hole on offense then I do not see why they would not be open to it on defense after the dust settles from the draft of course.

I'm going to the Falcons "state of franchise" meeting this Monday where they will discuss the draft and answer questions. Should be fun to see what Smith and Dimitoff say in person. Anyone else going ? We may be able to read between the lines a little to see what their thinking after the draft is over.

Edited by coachx

You would rather start Grimes then Bly ?

Do you not remember who our best CB was last season ? The name Foxworth ring a bell ?

Foxworth was the nickle back in Denver b/c he was simply not as good as Dre Bly. He came to Atlanta and Foxworth was starting over Grimes after one week of studying Atlanta's playbook.

So if Bly can start over Foxworth then he is surely an upgrade over the CB's we currently have.

With Gonzales at 33..........we are in win now mode ! Not sure if we can count on a rookie to fill all of the starting holes on defense. If we just plugged a veteran into a hole on offense then I do not see why they would not be open to it on defense after the dust settles from the draft of course.

I'm going to the Falcons "state of franchise" meeting this Monday where I am sure they will discuss the draft and answer questions. Should be fun to see what Smith and Dimitoff say in person. Anyone else going ?

Wouldn't the starters be:

Houston & Jackson or Von Hutchins?

Yes, I don't want to see any more of Grimes. Kid's got a huge heart, but no size.

Wouldn't the starters be:

Houston & Jackson or Von Hutchins?

Yes, I don't want to see any more of Grimes. Kid's got a huge heart, but no size.

That is possible. I should not believethe AJC and the depth chart will be validated in training camp but just a couple of days ago they were saying Grimes is #1 on the depth chart:

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/...ornerbacks.html

Regardless of how the current depth chart plays out my thinking was:

Bly > Foxworth > Houston, Jackson, Grimes, Hutchins

Edited by coachx

Bly > Foxworth > Houston, Jackson, Grimes, Hutchins

not by what i've seen or others. There's a reason Foxworth has a job and Bly doesn't right now and Foxworth sure didn't get torched as bad as Bly did while he was a Bronco

I think Chevis Jackson will be given more opportunities to start this year than last year. Von Hutchins is hte perfect nickelback IMO.

I think the Falcons may just draft a corner in the first round, then Chevis Jackson would challenge Chris Houston for his starting position. Check out my Mock Draft.

not by what i've seen or others. There's a reason Foxworth has a job and Bly doesn't right now and Foxworth sure didn't get torched as bad as Bly did while he was a Bronco

Simple thing called a pash rush.

I think the Falcons may just draft a corner in the first round, then Chevis Jackson would challenge Chris Houston for his starting position. Check out my Mock Draft.

Butler would be sweet if he fell to #24.

• 4 months later...

I hope TD knows what he is doing with our secondary. Chris Ownes looks like a keeper but I'm not to sure about starting him in the first 1/2 of year 1.

Grimes may match up well vs. Ginn Jr of Miami but big like Carolina's Mohammed burned him for 100 yards in the first half last year. We face them again game 2. Maybe Grimes will be on Smith this time.

I was worried in April and am more concerned now.

Edited by coachx