• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So you say your a fan.... PLEASE READ

plskeepbibby

This is the single most important game that any professional franchise in the city of Atlanta has had (at home) in probably 5 years. Braves.... have stunk it up haven't played a meaningful game in quite some time, falcons....... obviously played a critical game but not In Atlanta and the Thrashers well.... ha ha. Listen this is a game 7 at our place, in our back yard. Tonight's game was garbage, but this is why we played those 82 regular season games. Please lets all take a step back and think, Did this series ever actually have a chance of being anything less than the full 7 games...... I thought we would win in 7, and so did many analysts across the country. Lets get behind this young, dumb, (whatever anyone would like to call them) TEAM, because at the end of the day they are ours. And Im proud of what this team has accomplished this season and absolutely think that they are going to protect what they worked for. GAME 7.... GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

Yep I hear ya on that! I'm proud of this team when it plays at home about 90% of the time ... and about 10% of the time on the road. I'm thankful that we're going to be playing at home and I think we'll pull out the win.

With that said am I the only one who has a little devil on their shoulder saying we should hope to lose so that we won't get smacked around by the Cavs?

Yep I hear ya on that! I'm proud of this team when it plays at home about 90% of the time ... and about 10% of the time on the road. I'm thankful that we're going to be playing at home and I think we'll pull out the win.

With that said am I the only one who has a little devil on their shoulder saying we should hope to lose so that we won't get smacked around by the Cavs?

You're probably not the only one, but that's flawed thinking. Almost "anti-fan" ( which I know you're not )

I'd much rather watch this team for another 2 weeks, struggle and have me cussing at the TV, than to be mad about losing to Miami for the entire summer. I wouldn't like it, but I could accept being beat by the Cavs . . 4 - 1 or 4 - 2. No one expects us to beat the Cavs anyway, so them smaking us around in that series would kind of be expected . . especially in Cleveland.

That's the same logic that people were using for the Hawks to tank 2 years ago, to get a good draft pick, instead of trying to get in the playoffs. We tried, but failed to make the playoffs. We get hella lucky, and end up with the opportunity to get Horford.

The next year, we're still below .500, but have a shot to get in the playoffs. You still had people on this board advocating "tanking", instead of making the playoffs, because they were certain that Boston would blow us out of the water.

6 games later, we're in Boston for a decisive Game 7 ( which we got blown out in ).

If that's the scenario that happens in Cleveland, I'd much rather take that, than to lose tomorrow.

A lot of people think that our problems stem with the coach. It's the makeup of the team that is the problem. We're a jumpshooting team, that plays soft at times.

Our mindset has to be like those Piston teams of 5 and 6 years ago. Gotta defend. Gotta be tough. And when the offense isn't going, gotta hit the boards to prevent the other team from getting extra opportunities.

You're probably not the only one, but that's flawed thinking. Almost "anti-fan" ( which I know you're not )

I'd much rather watch this team for another 2 weeks, struggle and have me cussing at the TV, than to be mad about losing to Miami for the entire summer. I wouldn't like it, but I could accept being beat by the Cavs . . 4 - 1 or 4 - 2. No one expects us to beat the Cavs anyway, so them smaking us around in that series would kind of be expected . . especially in Cleveland.

That's the same logic that people were using for the Hawks to tank 2 years ago, to get a good draft pick, instead of trying to get in the playoffs. We tried, but failed to make the playoffs. We get hella lucky, and end up with the opportunity to get Horford.

The next year, we're still below .500, but have a shot to get in the playoffs. You still had people on this board advocating "tanking", instead of making the playoffs, because they were certain that Boston would blow us out of the water.

6 games later, we're in Boston for a decisive Game 7 ( which we got blown out in ).

If that's the scenario that happens in Cleveland, I'd much rather take that, than to lose tomorrow.

A lot of people think that our problems stem with the coach. It's the makeup of the team that is the problem. We're a jumpshooting team, that plays soft at times.

Our mindset has to be like those Piston teams of 5 and 6 years ago. Gotta defend. Gotta be tough. And when the offense isn't going, gotta hit the boards to prevent the other team from getting extra opportunities.

Yep you're right I'd rather live with losing to Cleveland (even though I think we'll get embarrassed by them) than losing to Miami. I just pray that the refs let the players play tomorrow and don't give preferential treatment to Wade like they've done in this series far too often. That and I hope JJ comes out on fire and Smoove is focused.

I agree with northcyde, I want to see us go as far as we can. But at the same time, I don't know if I could enjoy a summer if we don't try hard to win. Hopefully we don't lay eggs this next round, those 3 losses to Miami were inexcusable because they had no heart.

A lot of people think that our problems stem with the coach. It's the makeup of the team that is the problem. We're a jumpshooting team, that plays soft at times.Our mindset has to be like those Piston teams of 5 and 6 years ago. Gotta defend. Gotta be tough. And when the offense isn't going, gotta hit the boards to prevent the other team from getting extra opportunities.

Post of the Week