• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby highlights

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

He's so slow

Did he tell Woody to shut the F up?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

This may have been on Josh? You make the call.

In loss, Bibby far from best

Point guard held to 3 points in 31 minutes.Team now must decide if he’ll be back next season, but he’s hopeful.

By Chris Vivlamore

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is not the way Mike Bibby wants to go out —- not out of the playoffs and certainly not out of Atlanta.

The Hawks point guard scored just three points in nearly 31 minutes Monday night as the Hawks were swept out of the Eastern Conference semifinals after an 84-74 loss to Cleveland.

“If I do anything more than what I did tonight, we win this game,” Bibby said. “I didn’t shoot the ball well. I do anything and there is a good chance we come out on top.”

Bibby made just 1-of-6 shots, a 3-pointer. He had just one assist.

It wasn’t just one bad game for Bibby during the series, but part of a pattern. He averaged 10 points and four assists a game. The Hawks needed far more to have a chance to beat LeBron James and the Cavaliers. He scored a mere eight points in the Hawks’ Game 3 loss at Philips Arena on Saturday.

Now, a major decision is before the Hawks. Do they bring Bibby back? He made $15 million this season, the final year of a three-year deal he signed with Sacramento before being traded to Atlanta last season.

If it is up to Bibby, he’ll return.

“It’s not my decision to make,” Bibby said. “I told them before, I love it here. … I definitely want to come back. I love the coaching staff, love the team, love the city.”

Count coach Mike Woodson as being in Bibby’s corner.

“I would love to have him back next year,” Woodson said. “Mike Bibby is a big part of what we did this season. He came over last year and we don’t make the playoffs without Mike. We don’t win 47 games this year and sew up the fourth spot and host the first round at Philips Arena without Mike. I would love to have Mike back.”

Bibby did two long stints on the bench Monday as he struggled and Flip Murray picked up the slack in his role, scoring 14 points.

“I would have loved to have played my way back in the game,” Bibby said. “It just didn’t happen.”

Bibby, who averaged 14.9 points a game in the regular season and the first-round series win over Miami, provided the Hawks another scoring option to Joe Johnson.

Asked how important it was to have Bibby back, Johnson said. “Very important. We went to the playoffs two years in a row together. We won a series. I’m looking forward to

• Moderators

There are some simple facts about Woody and the most important one is that his offense can't succeed at all without a veteran point guard. I don't know if bringing Bibby back is a smart financial move but we do need him. If we could get him on a reasonable two year deal then we should do it.