• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel wears Sunds shoes and Changes the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK, I bring in an offensive coordinator that Woody must work with. I like Sam Mitchell.

2nd....

1st trade:

Mo to PTL for Channing Frye (SNT).

2nd trade:

Acie, Speedy, 1st to Dallas for Jason Terry.

3rd trade:

Marvin to CHarlotte for #9 and Jason Kapono.

4th trade:

Bibby/#9 to Minn for Randy Foye and Mike Miller.

5th trade:

SNT Chillz/Smoove/ Future first for Amare.

Lineup:

Foye, JT, Joe, Amare and Horf

Resign Zaza, and Hunter.

Rationale.

Cuban wants to be younger. He gets young Acie Law from Dallas. He also gets rid of longterm contract that is doing him no good. It gets Dallas in position for 2010.

Toronto is going to do a lot of wheeling and dealing. When the dust clears, I expect for them to have dealt Bosh and Marion. Having Williams gives them leverage on most deals because they don't appear needy. Toronto could build through the draft with #9, but I doubt that they take that road. They have Calderon, they have Bargnani, they have Ukic. They have a lot of players who you can build with. They need that one guy who can score inside like Bosh. Plus, nobody else wants to go to Toronto.

Channing Frye is a free agent. PTL doesn't want him. They have lots of bigs. Getting Mo Evans gives them something they lack, experience and good outside shooting.

Minny needs experience. Bibby gives them an experienced PG to play with Jefferson, Love. They will play pick and roll. #9 would be good for them too.

Finally, Amare wants to be in Atlanta. Let's get Amare. Smoove and Chillz. Two young guys with star potential.. and a first. It would hurt ATL's heart until we see Joe, Amare, and Foye on the court together.

I think proposed team would have more weapons than Phoenix had when they had Nash, Joe, and Amare.

Edited by Diesel

Mo Evans: We have him one more year guaranteed at a very fair price. If we trade him to Portland I would like to see us acquire Steve Blake.

Jason Terry: That's a three year investment for a combo guard that doesn't play defense. We are better offer getting younger and finding a cheaper option.

You said Charlotte, but I believe you mean Toronto. Kyle Korver may opt out of his contract with Utah and is the better option. If we move Marvin to Toronto it needs to be for Jose or Chris Bosh. Marvin can't be traded until free agency starts and it's unclear if he wants to play outside the United States.

Mike Bibby: Why on earth would he agree to play for Minny?

• Premium Member
Mo Evans: We have him one more year guaranteed at a very fair price. If we trade him to Portland I would like to see us acquire Steve Blake.

Jason Terry: That's a three year investment for a combo guard that doesn't play defense. We are better offer getting younger and finding a cheaper option.

You said Charlotte, but I believe you mean Toronto. Kyle Korver may opt out of his contract with Utah and is the better option. If we move Marvin to Toronto it needs to be for Jose or Chris Bosh. Marvin can't be traded until free agency starts and it's unclear if he wants to play outside the United States.

Mike Bibby: Why on earth would he agree to play for Minny?

Mo Evans is nothing special. I would rather get a 6'11 245 lber than hold on to him.

Terry doesn't play a lot of defense, but he has a nice three point shot. Moreover, for the price of Acie, Speedy and a first, it's a very good deal.

Yeah, I meant Toronto. Kapono is a great three point shooter. He helped Miami immensely. Korver may be a better player, but getting #9 is the key. You're right though.. we can't trade Marvin for #9... Drats!!!

I think Bibby would like the opportunity to play anywhere that will pay him for 3 or 4 years. I think Minny would do it and they would fluorish because Bibs can play Pick and Roll with Jefferson and Love all day. He also gives them an outside threat from the PG position.

OK, I bring in an offensive coordinator that Woody must work with. I like Sam Mitchell.

This whole "offensive coordinator" stuff is a joke folks. Woody is a headstrong pain in the @rse just like Smoove is a headstrong pain in the @rse. Do you really think Woody would give an offensive "assistant" any real room to operate and make changes? We may as well forget about that pipe dream. Woody is the HEAD COACH and will do as he pleases until he gets fired.

(hear that Acie?)

Terry doesn't play a lot of defense, but he has a nice three point shot. Moreover, for the price of Acie, Speedy and a first, it's a very good deal.

I actually see this as a very poor deal for us. JT will be 32 at the start of next season. Just keep the 30 year old Flip for cheaper and draft a young guard at #19. This draft is deep at only one poistion and that is guard.

We may be able to get a young Jason Terry (Teague) at pick #19 or a young and healthy better shooting version Speedy Claxton in Collison.

Speedy's expiring deal and Acie can be used in a better trade then one for the aging JT, I would hope.

Edited by coachx

2nd....

1st trade:

Mo to PTL for Channing Frye (SNT).

2nd trade:

Acie, Speedy, 1st to Dallas for Jason Terry.

3rd trade:

Marvin to CHarlotte for #9 and Jason Kapono.

4th trade:

Bibby/#9 to Minn for Randy Foye and Mike Miller.

5th trade:

SNT Chillz/Smoove/ Future first for Amare.

Lineup:

Foye, JT, Joe, Amare and Horf

Resign Zaza, and Hunter.

Rationale.

Cuban wants to be younger. He gets young Acie Law from Dallas. He also gets rid of longterm contract that is doing him no good. It gets Dallas in position for 2010.

Toronto is going to do a lot of wheeling and dealing. When the dust clears, I expect for them to have dealt Bosh and Marion. Having Williams gives them leverage on most deals because they don't appear needy. Toronto could build through the draft with #9, but I doubt that they take that road. They have Calderon, they have Bargnani, they have Ukic. They have a lot of players who you can build with. They need that one guy who can score inside like Bosh. Plus, nobody else wants to go to Toronto.

Channing Frye is a free agent. PTL doesn't want him. They have lots of bigs. Getting Mo Evans gives them something they lack, experience and good outside shooting.

Minny needs experience. Bibby gives them an experienced PG to play with Jefferson, Love. They will play pick and roll. #9 would be good for them too.

Finally, Amare wants to be in Atlanta. Let's get Amare. Smoove and Chillz. Two young guys with star potential.. and a first. It would hurt ATL's heart until we see Joe, Amare, and Foye on the court together.

I think proposed team would have more weapons than Phoenix had when they had Nash, Joe, and Amare.

... domino effect!!!

Sure I like some of those... I love Amare and I think he would do great in the East!

Anyway 10 for immagination and creativity!