Did you see what happened to Eminem?

Plainview1981

Ehh, I'm not sure Eminem "deserved" that. In fact, the show producer who allowed that to happen, F-ed up bad... that ish was messed up and Em had a right to be pissed off; I know I would be if some dude put his *ss in my face like that.

• Moderators

Considering how many other celebs Eminem has ****ed on over the years, I don't feel real sorry for him on this. This looks like a case of "can dish it, but can't take it" to me.

Considering how many other celebs Eminem has ****ed on over the years, I don't feel real sorry for him on this. This looks like a case of "can dish it, but can't take it" to me.

I think I'd be pretty pissed off about that too, I mean it's one thing to make fun of someone in a song or an interview, but it's quite another to put your *ss in his face like that.

Yeah AHF, I knew someone was gonna come with that argument, and there's some truth it. My thing is, MTV invites Eminem to that event, and then punks him like that, against his will. Making fun of someone on a song is one thing, actually inducing that kind of (pretty disgusting) contact against someone's will is another. I know personally I wouldnt be cool with someone putting their a**hole in my face against my will. In fact, i'd be prone to f-ing them up.

I think the Triumph the Talking Dog thing was fine -- only words, no physical contact.

This ish crossed the line IMO, and the MTV producers are lucky that the encounter did not spiral out of control even worst.

• Moderators

I can understand the argument that physical contact crosses a line.

I just have a hard time generating sympathy for a guy who goes after other celebs and then pursues legal action when Weird Al goes to parody him. Combine that with his past homophobia, and I can't feel bad for the guy getting 'punked' here -- even if done in a manner that is going to make anyone very uncomfortable.

he had to be in on it or he could of just moved. Why would he sit there and let that happen if he wasn't in on it.

Because as I mentioned in the thread about the relapse CD I have a feeling that one day we'll hear that he's coming out of the closet. Last night he sat there long enough for him to enjoy it but not long enough for people to know that he enjoyed it and then he put on the act about how mad he was.

I sure hope it was planned though and that Em knew it was coming otherwise it was a pretty risky move that could have gotten ugly (uglier than Bruno's *ss) quick.

• Moderators
Because as I mentioned in the thread about the relapse CD I have a feeling that one day we'll hear that he's coming out of the closet. Last night he sat there long enough for him to enjoy it but not long enough for people to know that he enjoyed it and then he put on the act about how mad he was.

I sure hope it was planned though and that Em knew it was coming otherwise it was a pretty risky move that could have gotten ugly (uglier than Bruno's *ss) quick.

If he is in the closet, I would think having that happen wouldn't be at all enjoyable. It would set off panic alarms about people thinking he was gay and be an internal crisis for him.

Plus, I am straight and would not enjoy the female equivalent of Bruno putting her rear in my face on national television like that.

As far as being a closet case, you probably have a better pulse on that than I do.

If he is in the closet, I would think having that happen wouldn't be at all enjoyable. It would set off panic alarms about people thinking he was gay and be an internal crisis for him.

Plus, I am straight and would not enjoy the female equivalent of Bruno putting her rear in my face on national television like that.

Hmm, who are we saying is the female equivalent of Bruno? Because that would certainly determine whether or not I would be okay with it. If we're talking Jessica Alba then bring it on, on the other hand if we're talking Amy Winehouse then I'd rather have Bruno himself.

As far as being a closet case, you probably have a better pulse on that than I do.

I assure you that I don't have a better pulse on who is a closet case and I'm not sure that I appreciate the insinuation :no-no:

• Moderators
Hmm, who are we saying is the female equivalent of Bruno? Because that would certainly determine whether or not I would be okay with it. If we're talking Jessica Alba then bring it on, on the other hand if we're talking Amy Winehouse then I'd rather have Bruno himself.

Bruno is definitely no Jessica Alba! You have to figure the Alba equivalent is someone like Brad Pitt. Bruno has to be a female who isn't known for her good looks. Maybe someone like Julia Louis-Dreyfus?

I assure you that I don't have a better pulse on who is a closet case and I'm not sure that I appreciate the insinuation :no-no:

I just meant that you are fan of Eminem's music and follow his career more closely than I do. I just know he enjoys punking people in his music and videos and portrays himself as a homophobe in his music.

Bruno is definitely no Jessica Alba! You have to figure the Alba equivalent is someone like Brad Pitt. Bruno has to be a female who isn't known for her good looks. Maybe someone like Julia Louis-Dreyfus?

Julia Louis-Dreyfus? Sign me up!

I just meant that you are fan of Eminem's music and follow his career more closely than I do. I just know he enjoys punking people in his music and videos and portrays himself as a homophobe in his music.

I don't think he portrays himself as a homophobe, I'd say he portrays himself as a homo quite a bit more especially in his last few albums. He certainly deserves to be punked as much as anyone but I don't think that was the way to go about it. That was just flat out disgusting and uncalled for. Then again other than Ali G (who I think is a great character) I really hated Borat and I doubt I'll enjoy Bruno either so maybe I am biased against Sacha Baron Cohen.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus? Sign me up!

I don't think he portrays himself as a homophobe, I'd say he portrays himself as a homo quite a bit more especially in his last few albums. He certainly deserves to be punked as much as anyone but I don't think that was the way to go about it. That was just flat out disgusting and uncalled for. Then again other than Ali G (who I think is a great character) I really hated Borat and I doubt I'll enjoy Bruno either so maybe I am biased against Sacha Baron Cohen.

For the female Cohen you'd be talking about somebody like Serena Williams.

I think it was definitely fake. They just "happened" to put the camera on Eminem about 10 seconds before it happened. Too big to be a coincidence IMO.

They were saying on the radio last week that Eminem admitted it was a stunt and that he and Sacha had been working on it for a while. To me it's just one more step towards him being out of the closet. No way does any sane person want some dude's naked *ss in his face like that.

They were saying on the radio last week that Eminem admitted it was a stunt and that he and Sacha had been working on it for a while. To me it's just one more step towards him being out of the closet. No way does any sane person want some dude's naked *ss in his face like that.

I think some of us was hoping against hope that this wasn't staged.