• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could JJ be behind the Smoove possibly traded?

Wurider05

• Premium Member
No. I don't think that happened. Furthermore, JJ is a complete moron if he thinks he can just say "get me a Chris Bosh caliber player" (a caliber of player who is better than JJ) and it will just happen.

Paul Pierce asked for help and he got KG and Ray Allen.

Joe Johnson is not Donnie Boyce, Ed Gray or Dontonio Wingfield out here. Right now, he is the franchise. Like it or not.

Nobody ever said Joe has to be those guys. That's not a prerequisite. Here's a scenerio... Sund comes to Joe and say," we love you, we want to continue to build this team around you, we want to offer you this 5 year 85 million dollar deal. Whaddayathink" Joe says, "I really love playing for this team. I love this city. However, I want to win a championship before I retire. I have spoken to both Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudamire and they both have told me that if we were to trade for them, they would sign extensions and we could start our own Big three right here in Atlanta."

Now, if you're Sund... Do you tell your three time allstar... " F that Joe... Who do you think you are: Kobe? Lebron? MJ?"

Or do you go out and test the waters and see if what Joe says is possible. I'm going to tell you right now, Sund would be a fool to be dismissive of his best player. You guys can talk up Smoove and what Smoove could be with work.. but the truth is that Smoove is a hothead. Smoove has problems with our coach. Smoove has choosen a position that requires more discipline than he's giving. In this scenerio, Sund has to think about the possibilities of having Joe, Bibby, and Bosh... Because right now, the teams are starting to gather talent... And when that happens, potential loses it's footing. Ask Al Jefferson about that.

i agree. i also want to add that johnson needs to start talking up more because he is our team leader and if he thinks we can trade smith for bosh or amare then why even complain we are still gettin something good at the end.

Edited by JTB