• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So who is gone now Bibby or Flip?

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

As I said in another thread, I think it absolutely rules out Flip, and it makes re-signing Bibby more doubtful simply b/c Sund has greater leverage.

My theory is that unless MIL creates some additional cap space and/or finds a buyer for Ridnour (both viable possibilities, of course), they're still going to be stuck with making a decision b/t Villaneuva and Sessions. And I think they keep the big guy over the smaller one.

Sessions is going to make $5-6 mil, and gives you a competent PG at both ends of the floor for probably the next 5 years. Compare that to Bibby, and it's a no brainer, except for the problem that you don't know how many other teams might compete for the SC-native Sessions.

I look for Sund to pursue Sessions and attempt also to bring back Royal Ivey. We'll know tomorrow night, since we'll either have a PG or a low post player; if the former, it's safe to say my theory is kaput, but if the latter, I think it has some legs.

It has to be Flip. Without Bibby, we have no PG. I don't care how the bloggers want to spin this, Crawford is no PG!

You're right! I mean Crawford can have come spells at PG and he can run the offense here and there, depending on the schemes (if we have any)... but he's no PG!

I guess that PG issue or basically what happens to Bibby will be true test of our ownerships' intentions... They'll resign him if they're not going cheap, which would mean that they believe in this team and it's capability to contend and win!

Another question is if we feel Bibby is our PG for next 3 years? Perhaps there are some better options... Anyway, I'm pretty sure Sund knows what he's doin', providing the fact that ownership is indeed willing to throw a couple of bucks out there...

I think its Flip but $$$ wise it makes more sense that its Bibby gone. Do we lose both? Keep both? Thoughts...........

I think they are both gone.

Next move is Marving for Ray Felton.

Next next move is Smooth for Bosh.

Core

Felton

Crawford

Johnson

Bosch

Horford

Hawk88

Marvin for Ray Felton?? PASS

and no thanks to Bosh as well, and it's going to take more than Smoove to get Bosh.. Some of the people on here don't seem to understand that... Not that he's going anywhere.. I think it's more likely he ends up in Miami. They have more to offer

IF we are trading Marvin, I would much rather we get a big man for him.....

Edited by jsmoovefan

Marvin for Ray Felton?? PASS

and no thanks to Bosh as well, and it's going to take more than Smoove to get Bosh.. Some of the people on here don't seem to understand that... Not that he's going anywhere.. I think it's more likely he ends up in Miami. They have more to offer

IF we are trading Marvin, I would much rather we get a big man for him.....

Of course Bosh is worth more that Josh but when you get to the end of a contract on a player you have to take less. It will be a bidding war so we will see how high the bids go. I would do Marvin and SMooth if I had to.

And I might be dreaming to get Felton for Marvin.

Hawk88

i may be out there with this, but i think there is a chance that he could replace jj. it's a little off the wall, but you have to at least consider the possibility, and i don't think that anyone has even considered it yet. this is a business and just because we love jj and he's our top player doesn't mean he's untouchable.

everyone keeps saying, "someone's got to go, who's it gonna be? bibby or marvin or flip? he's getting paid, he's gotta start, or at least play 35 min off the bench" well, whose game is he the closest to? jj. both scoring ogs. i'd be surprised if they don't sign bibby or another vet pg and have crawford playing 30+ min at pg. not saying that i fully expect jj to be traded, but i think it could be a definate possiblity now because jj could bring us more than anyone else, we've got a replacement starter on the roster, and he'd be much easier to trade than marvin (snt).

i may be out there with this, but i think there is a chance that he could replace jj. it's a little off the wall, but you have to at least consider the possibility, and i don't think that anyone has even considered it yet. this is a business and just because we love jj and he's our top player doesn't mean he's untouchable.

everyone keeps saying, "someone's got to go, who's it gonna be? bibby or marvin or flip? he's getting paid, he's gotta start, or at least play 35 min off the bench" well, whose game is he the closest to? jj. both scoring ogs. i'd be surprised if they don't sign bibby or another vet pg and have crawford playing 30+ min at pg. not saying that i fully expect jj to be traded, but i think it could be a definate possiblity now because jj could bring us more than anyone else, we've got a replacement starter on the roster, and he'd be much easier to trade than marvin (snt).

I don't buy the argument that a salary == must start. He's replacing Speedy's salary, mostly. His play should dictate whether or not he starts.