• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Alot of questionable draft picks from some teams

uga2006

Look at what Minnesota did granted they traded Ty Lawson to Denver but Rubio and Flynn??

Flynn, IMO was not worth picking 6th and the Rubio pick at 5 is for potential alone. They basically traded Foye for this pick. I just don't see Flynn being as good as Foye who really came into his own last year. This just seems like a really dumb idea. Flynn turns the ball over way to much to play the point in the NBA. This just seems like a backwards move.

Golden State

Don't they already have a more athletic Stephen Curry in Ellis. Curry may be a better 3pt shooter but those guys are eerily similar other than Ellis just being the flat out better player. Similar size and good NBA bloodlines. I assume they felt he was BPA but maybe he'll be a good 6th man.

• Moderators
Look at what Minnesota did granted they traded Ty Lawson to Denver but Rubio and Flynn??

Flynn, IMO was not worth picking 6th and the Rubio pick at 5 is for potential alone. They basically traded Foye for this pick. I just don't see Flynn being as good as Foye who really came into his own last year. This just seems like a really dumb idea. Flynn turns the ball over way to much to play the point in the NBA. This just seems like a backwards move.

They clearly gave up on Foye but I don't like the two PG selections either. I would have tried to trade down with NY for their #8 and the right to switch picks in 2011 or something like that if I didn't want Hill.

Golden State

Don't they already have a more athletic Stephen Curry in Ellis. Curry may be a better 3pt shooter but those guys are eerily similar other than Ellis just being the flat out better player. Similar size and good NBA bloodlines. I assume they felt he was BPA but maybe he'll be a good 6th man.

Let's see if GS deals for Amare or not before judging this one. I agree you can't run a backcourt with Curry and Ellis. Too small and too duplicative.

I heard rumors Rubio is trying to force a trade to NY or he will stay in Europe. As for Curry is that true thatGolden State was talking about giving up pick 7, Biedrins and Brandon Wright for Amare? That would be dumb since I wouldnt have given pick 7 alone for Amare.

I heard rumors Rubio is trying to force a trade to NY or he will stay in Europe. As for Curry is that true thatGolden State was talking about giving up pick 7, Biedrins and Brandon Wright for Amare? That would be dumb since I wouldnt have given pick 7 alone for Amare.

That does seem like a pretty dumb trade. You don't find centers with Biedrins skill set.

Honestly, Blair has less than 6 years (depending how heavy his minutes are and if he keeps his weight in check) in the league before he suffers from debilitating athritis in his knees if what they say about him having no ACLs is true.

Tim Duncan at most has 3-4 years before he retires. At that point they could give a damn if Blair has zero ligaments in his knees, that franchise will be completely rebuilding. The Spurs can afford to take a flyer on Blair because 1) he has a near 7footer to play beside in the frontcourt and 2) They are perennial contenders with a closing window so even if he gives them 1and 1/2 seasons at best that's all they could ask for.

p.s. I am not a medical doctor but I imagine ACLs are intrigal in stabilizing your knees something that seems to be greatly needed in a sport such as basketball where you constantly stop and go over an 82+ game season

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

Honestly, Blair has less than 6 years (depending how heavy his minutes are and if he keeps his weight in check) in the league before he suffers from debilitating athritis in his knees if what they say about him having no ACLs is true.

Tim Duncan at most has 3-4 years before he retires. At that point they could give a damn if Blair has zero ligaments in his knees, that franchise will be completely rebuilding. The Spurs can afford to take a flyer on Blair because 1) he has a near 7footer to play beside in the frontcourt and 2) They are perennial contenders with a closing window so even if he gives them 1and 1/2 seasons at best that's all they could ask for.

p.s. I am not a medical doctor but I imagine ACLs are intrigal in stabilizing your knees something that seems to be greatly needed in a sport such as basketball where you constantly stop and go over an 82+ game season

Right, its worth the risk that late in the draft. They say that one of the things that almost always translates is rebounding and Blair can rebound the **** out of the ball. If you can find a guy who can really contribute with the 37th pick, you've done a damn good job. I think it was Hollinger that said, once you get to the 25th pick or so, just stop worrying abou the knees because chances are whoever you pick at that point is going to be a bum anyway.

I still think its crazy that Blair dropped that far. In 3 or 4 years the Cavs pick won't even be in the NBA, while the Spurs will have gotten 3 or 4 cheap years out of Blair. I'm sure Lebron's glad the Cavs took someone who won't help this year. The Blazers needed a backup PF, not a starter, but they'd rather have Pendergraph? He'll probably be perfectly healthy in 3 or 4 years... and out of the league.

What got my head scrathching were the two picks after the Hawks.

Bot the Jazz and Hornets are set at PG on long contracts in Paul and D. Williams............... Why burn your first round picks on PGs who can only be back ups (b/c you have 2 allstars there) when you have a guy like Sam Young out there who could start for your team on day #1.

Edited by coachx

Bot the Jazz and Hornets are set at PG on long contracts in Paul and D. Williams............... Why burn your first round picks on PGs who can only be back ups (b/c you have 2 allstars there) when you have a guy like Sam Young out there who could start for your team on day #1.

Just because the draft was thick in PG talent doesn't mean it was thick in star PG talent. Most of the guys taken in the first round will be career backups but good ones at that. Why not use your 1st round pick on a cheap backup PG with talent? It's not as if Paul or Deron can play 48minutes a night and it's not as if they blew a top ten pick on backup PG. Picks in the 20s usually only net you bench depth rather than surefire starters.

Just because the draft was thick in PG talent doesn't mean it was thick in star PG talent. Most of the guys taken in the first round will be career backups but good ones at that. Why not use your 1st round pick on a cheap backup PG with talent? It's not as if Paul or Deron can play 48minutes a night and it's not as if they blew a top ten pick on backup PG. Picks in the 20s usually only net you bench depth rather than surefire starters.

Agreed, take the talent when it's there before you are desperate for it.

Hawk88

I was suprised to see Sam Young not go in the 1st rd. Was I the only one who watched Pitt because he was every bit as impressive as Blair. Great stroke and when he takes it to the basket he finishes with the best of them. Needs to gain a little weight but I believe he's gonna be in the League for a while.

I was suprised to see Sam Young not go in the 1st rd. Was I the only one who watched Pitt because he was every bit as impressive as Blair. Great stroke and when he takes it to the basket he finishes with the best of them. Needs to gain a little weight but I believe he's gonna be in the League for a while.

He may have fallen farther than he should have, but I think teams worry about the fact that he's already 24 and in a lot of ways has less room for growth as a player than some similar players who are 3-5 years younger.