• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Mike Woodson throws Acie Law under the bus. Good article

Plainview1981

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...ague.html?imw=Y

"

“I’m not knocking Acie Law in any way shape or form,” Woodson said. “But this kid [Teague] is what I’d call a true point guard. I gave Acie some opportunities, and it just didn’t work. That’s no knock on him as a player or me as a coach. Injuries probably hurt Acie the two years he was here, and honestly we just didn’t have the luxury of waiting on him when he first got here. We had to win."

It also says Bibby remains a high priority and so does Flip. NOTE THAT THEY DON'T INCLUDE MARVIN.

"

“I’m not knocking Acie Law in any way shape or form,” Woodson said. “But this kid [Teague] is what I’d call a true point guard. I gave Acie some opportunities, and it just didn’t work. That’s no knock on him as a player or me as a coach. Injuries probably hurt Acie the two years he was here, and honestly we just didn’t have the luxury of waiting on him when he first got here. We had to win."

It also says Bibby remains a high priority and so does Flip. NOTE THAT THEY DON'T INCLUDE MARVIN.

Surely they don't expect to start next season with:Bibby/Teague/Crawford/Flip/JJ/Mo Evans. :no-no:

"

It seems like they were only talking about free agent guards. Not necessarily Marvin or Zaza.

It seems like they were only talking about free agent guards. Not necessarily Marvin or Zaza.

If they re-sign Bibby and Dlip:

Bibby/Flip/Teague

Crawford/Flip

Johnson/Evans

J.Smith/

Horford/Jones

I don't know... I'm not seeing any room for Marvin unless he was to re-sign fairly cheap and come off the bench for 20MPG. I don't see that likely.

If this team doesn't resign Marvin who not only was the most efficient player on this team and is still the youngest I'm going to be pissed. Why do we need Flip when we just got Crawfor/Teague? It's not like Woody gave Acie any minutes last year. Hell if Teague averages more than 5 MPG he'll be in there more than Acie was.

"

It's funny Woodsen saying that the reason Acie didn't work out in Atlanta isn't a knock on him as a coach. We don't need both Bibby & Flip back, one of them needs to walk.

"

“I’m not knocking Acie Law in any way shape or form,” Woodson said. “But this kid [Teague] is what I’d call a true point guard. I gave Acie some opportunities, and it just didn’t work. That’s no knock on him as a player or me as a coach. Injuries probably hurt Acie the two years he was here, and honestly I just didn’t have the luxury of waiting on him when he first got here. I have to win."

Fixed :hush:

It's funny Woodsen saying that the reason Acie didn't work out in Atlanta isn't a knock on him as a coach. We don't need both Bibby & Flip back, one of them needs to walk.

So is it Woody's fault that Acie didn't work out in Atlanta? I guess we'll see by how he plays in Golden State. At this point I agree about Bibby & Flip but we'll see how this roster shakes out with other moves first before I say with certainty that one of them needs to walk.

The biggest thing about this is Woodson singing this kid's praises which means perhaps he will actually play him! That's the best news of all. And of course JJ supporting the guy gotta love it. He's probably as giddy as I am about this kid.

Think about it folks, our back court has improved every year:

First we had Ty Lue and Anthony Johnson starting!

Then we traded them and had Bibby and Acie Law for the rest of the year.

Then we had Bibby, Acie Law, and Flip.

Now we have Crawford and Teague and possibly keep either Flip or Bibby or imagine both?

This team could win 50+ games next year barring injury

Edited by BusBoyIsBack