• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bradley: Hawks to pursue David Anderson if ZazA bolts

NJHAWK

• Moderators
Yeah.. during the Cavs-Hawks series, Mark made a comment about how Cleveland fans have it worse because "they have to live in Cleveland." (True!)

So, a local reporter challenged Mark Bradley to a fight in the press (!) and then they got him to do an interview:

http://www.fox8.com/wjw-billatlantafeud-0507,0,4248017.story

Very, very weird. Mark Bradley is very good at deadpan humor, and they didn't seem to get it at all.

That was an amusing clip, although Mark probably could have layered it on a bit thicker with talk about the Browns as well.

The CLE anchor was totally unprepared for Mark's offbeat approach to that interview. He wanted some pro-wrestling level barbs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An epic fail? I suppose that you and I have differing viewpoints on what "epic" means.

Orlando will potentially be worse next year with losing Lee/Turk and replacing them with Carter. That's not an upgrade, that's a net loss.

Cleveland has probably gotten better but I'll wait to see what happens with Varejao and Joe Smith before I declare simply adding a plodding Shaq and losing 2 key players to put them in a position to "trample" the Hawks.

Boston certainly has not improved and they might lose a key player in Glenn Davis.

I know that you love the doom and gloom of life but the reality is that the Hawks don't need to bring back all 4 FAs and can probably spend their money in better ways to upgrade the team just as they did with the money now being paid to Crawford.

I think Orlando possibly got better and Cleveland not so much. Vince will fit in fine..as old as he is..he's actually better than Turk IMO and Carter always played Hawks tough. Magic lost Lee and Alston but will have a healthy Nelson and Ryan Anderson is an upgrade for Battie as a backup big..Magic will be fine. As for Cavs, LeBron and Shaq sounds good but when you think about it, if they make no more trades..Big Z and Shaq together isnt what you would want..to big, old, and slow bigs..they will have some trouble keeping up with the Howard's and Bosh's and Amare's.

We need two bigs to back up Smoove and Horf. The last couple of seasons, we only had Zaza and he wasn't enough. Zaza and Andersen wouldn't be bad at all. Zaza and CV wouldn't be bad either. No to Solo, he never amounted to anything. MW is a keeper. I'd rather upgrade over Bibby, but we do need to bring in a vet PG. Bibby is way too one dimensional. Flip is a good guy to keep.

For cap reasons I'll go with the Breveon Knight idea.

Crawford / Knight / Teague

JJ / Crawford / Flip

MW / Mo

Smoove / Andersen or CV

Horf / Zaza / ......Morris

That's a ten deep plus a rook rotation.

I'm not opposed of bringing in another point guard. I see "other" options than Bibby. A younger better or as good player. With Crawford in tow, the shooting/scoring advantage of Bibby is negated. What is left is leadership and intangibles.

I'd rather invest in a Felton or Sessions than Mike Bibby.

Bibby is the only guy they can sign without using the MLE, so trying to bring in Felton or Sessions would limit the teams flexibility in terms of filling out the other holes in the roster.

Crawford may be a better "scorer" but Bibby is the better shooter, the better passer and the better leader. Intangibles are more important than people think. There is a reason why the Big Dog trade was such a disaster for the Hawks despite the fact that they "won" the talent end of the trade (at least in the short term given the pick they gave up).

Bibby, as we know, is far from perfect and has some significant deficiencies to his game but he brings far more to the table then Crawford. I am shocked more people don't feel this way.

Well for one you claiming this before Crawford even has a chance to play with the team .

Secondly you are giving Bibby waay too much credit here . He solidified a position that we had journeymen playing for years but his play was average and he is aging.

I think everyone wants Bibby back but his play has in no way be indicative of what his asking price will be .

At the end of the day this team is nearing a point where for us to take the next step Smoove,Marvin,JJ, and AL will have to start carrying that leadership burden as the wins and losses fall on their shoulders so we will only go as far as they take us . Some of you make it sound that if we dont have Bibby we wont run a play or even show up and that everyone wont know what to do . This even after the two playoff appearances and 48 wins this past season .

As for Crawford I look at his contribution like this . He has the ability to be the best player on the floor in any game hes in and Bibby just doesnt have that anymore . You want your point guard to be able to run your team but you also need him to be able to sometimes just take over the game and make his presence felt . In the playoffs even against role playing guards Mo Williams and West Bibby looked woefully over matched even in games where he shot the ball well and would end up 17-18 points . The opponent never looked as though they were worried about Bibby beating them .

Another thing I would like to touch on is that Bibby is a system point guard . He wasnt asked to do much and in the playoffs if you look his assists totals were 9,4,3,3,3,3,6,8,1,5,1 in that order . He shot 22 fts in 11 playoff games and while yes his intangibles are important I dont think this team can afford to have him on the floor for 35 mpg anymore because hes on the decline .

• Moderators
We should be trying to sign Anderson regardless if Zaza stays or goes

Can't we afford it?

His pay comes out of our MLE (his salary won't be low enough for the LLE) so it depends on what else we are doing with that.

Why is it then that nobody else on those teams have even sniffed 50?

You say 50 points don't mean so much...

Here's a list of the most 50 point games of all time...

Wilt Chamberlain-105

Michael Jordan-39

Kobe Bryant-24

Elgin Baylor-14

Rick Barry-13

Allen Iverson-11

Bernard King-8

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-8

LeBron James-8

Dominique Wilkins-7

Adreian Dantley-6

Bob Petit-6

Pete Maravich-6

Moses Malone-4

Jerry West-4

Tracy McGrady-4

George Mikan-4

Bob McAdoo-4

Nate Archibald-4

Larry Bird-5

Karl Malone-4

Gilbert Arenas-3

Shaquille O'Neal-3

David Robinson-3

Jamal Crawford -3

The NBA has been in existence since 1946. 63 years later, you have a list that is made up of 25 men. 25 men in 63 years. Note the names on the list. Basketball's elite. And you say... it's not a big deal? Through various types of defenses and offenses... there are only 25 men on the list. I'm not saying that Crawford is elite. However, he's on the list with other elite players.

Jamal has never helped a team win. Reef scored 50. I think Jamison has done it twice. So what? What about all those games he will have this year where he shoots 4-15? They'll far outweigh his 50 point games. It's just funny that some try tou justify him starting because he has a couple of high scoring games in his career. Tony Delk had a 50 point game. Oh yeah, jamal is up there with the great HOF players. lol Get outta here.

Why no just make Jamal the number one option? After all, he has had a couple of 50 point games on stat padding teams in his career.

Jamal is NOT a good shooter. He is a volume shooter that will have LOTS of poor shooting performances and he's not a quality passer.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Why is it then that nobody else on those teams have even sniffed 50?

You say 50 points don't mean so much...

Here's a list of the most 50 point games of all time...

Wilt Chamberlain-105

Michael Jordan-39

Kobe Bryant-24

Elgin Baylor-14

Rick Barry-13

Allen Iverson-11

Bernard King-8

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-8

LeBron James-8

Dominique Wilkins-7

Adreian Dantley-6

Bob Petit-6

Pete Maravich-6

Moses Malone-4

Jerry West-4

Tracy McGrady-4

George Mikan-4

Bob McAdoo-4

Nate Archibald-4

Larry Bird-5

Karl Malone-4

Gilbert Arenas-3

Shaquille O'Neal-3

David Robinson-3

Jamal Crawford -3

The NBA has been in existence since 1946. 63 years later, you have a list that is made up of 25 men. 25 men in 63 years. Note the names on the list. Basketball's elite. And you say... it's not a big deal? Through various types of defenses and offenses... there are only 25 men on the list. I'm not saying that Crawford is elite. However, he's on the list with other elite players.

This post is hilarious.

Jamal has never helped a team win. Reef scored 50. I think Jamison has done it twice. So what? What about all those games he will have this year where he shoots 4-15? They'll far outweigh his 50 point games. It's just funny that some try to justify him starting because he has a couple of high scoring games in his career. Tony Delk had a 50 point game. Oh yeah, jamal is up there with the great HOF players. lol Get outta here.

Why no just make Jamal the number one option? After all, he has had a couple of 50 point games on stat padding teams in his career.

When I read stuff like this i have to ask questions

How many 40 pt games did Delk have ? 30 pt games ?

Jamison and Reef were both good players but like Sund said in the interview they cannot turnaround a losing team.

I dont think anyone said start him because he scored fifty but because he is a younger overall much more productive player .Who is capable of doing the same things as Bibby but also capable of doing things Bibby is no longer capable of doing.

I like to judge player on everything , production,attitude,team performance . I dont think Crawford is on the same level as a Lebron or Kobe and I would be 100 percent certain that I dont think anyone else does either but that is the only caliber of player that wouldve given any of the franchises Crawford has played for a chance to win . Granger made the all star team but if you took him and placed him on the Clippers would that turn that team around ? I doubt it because as Sund says a good player cannot turn around a losing team by himself but they can help a winning team .

And Ive never seen anyone try and diminish someone scoring fifty in a nba game like that. Thats a heckuva achievment no different than lets say if next season Sessions gets 25 assists . That doesnt make his a better player than Stockton but it does mean that on that day he played as good of a game as some of the best to ever play . Crawford has done that on 3 different occasions and came close to that on several others

When I read stuff like this i have to ask questions

How many 40 pt games did Delk have ? 30 pt games ?

Jamison and Reef were both good players but like Sund said in the interview they cannot turnaround a losing team.

I dont think anyone said start him because he scored fifty but because he is a younger overall much more productive player .Who is capable of doing the same things as Bibby but also capable of doing things Bibby is no longer capable of doing.

I like to judge player on everything , production,attitude,team performance . I dont think Crawford is on the same level as a Lebron or Kobe and I would be 100 percent certain that I dont think anyone else does either but that is the only caliber of player that wouldve given any of the franchises Crawford has played for a chance to win . Granger made the all star team but if you took him and placed him on the Clippers would that turn that team around ? I doubt it because as Sund says a good player cannot turn around a losing team by himself but they can help a winning team .

And Ive never seen anyone try and diminish someone scoring fifty in a nba game like that. Thats a heckuva achievment no different than lets say if next season Sessions gets 25 assists . That doesnt make his a better player than Stockton but it does mean that on that day he played as good of a game as some of the best to ever play . Crawford has done that on 3 different occasions and came close to that on several others

IF Crawford is more productive than Bibby it's not all that much. Having him at PG will mean more turnovers. He shoots a lower percentage. Did you know that he is a worse rebounder than Bibby despite being 4 inches taller? He averages half a steal a game less also. JC hasn't been a value to anybody yet... He is about one trade away from being a journeyman.

About the 50 point games... The guy can score a lot of points while jacking up tons of shooting attempts. What more is there to say? That doesn't mean he makes this team better as a starting PG. I've seen no evidence here that shows he can improve this team as the starting PG. He is just as likely to shoot you out of a game as he is to help you win with a high scoring game. It's not like he does ANYTHING else on the court. he is even a mediocre rebounder by guard standards.

But it's just not about JC.... If the Hawks go into next season even thinner upfront it will be an even bigger mess. If David Andersen could help this team they probably would have brought him over before now.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

IF Crawford is more productive than Bibby it's not all that much. Having him at PG will mean more turnovers. He shoots a lower percentage. Did you know that he is a worse rebounder than Bibby despite being 4 inches taller? He averages half a steal a game less also. JC hasn't been a value to anybody yet... He is about one trade away from being a journeyman.

About the 50 point games... The guy can score a lot of points while jacking up tons of shooting attempts. What more is there to say? That doesn't mean he makes this team better as a starting PG. I've seen no evidence here that shows he can improve this team as the starting PG. He is just as likely to shoot you out of a game as he is to help you win with a high scoring game. It's not like he does ANYTHING else on the court. he is even a mediocre rebounder by guard standards.

But it's just not about JC.... If the Hawks go into next season even thinner upfront it will be an even bigger mess. If David Andersen could help this team they probably would have brought him over before now.

I had to go look this stuff up so my replies may be a bit slow .

Crawford was 14-26 from the field and 17-18 from the line the last time he went for 50 points last year against the Bobcats. Bibby and Crawford are different types of players but with similar overall skillsets . But make no mistakes Crawfords scoring ability at this point is much deadlier than Bibbs shooting ability. Bibby is on the decline and if we choose to ignore that we are doomed .

Why would having Crawford at pg mean more turnovers when we mainly run the iso joe offense . I dont think Crawford will have much problem getting the ball up the floor and getting it to Joe .

He shoots a lower percentage but he also shot 20o0 more free throws in fewer games . Make no mistake Bibby shot a higher percentage than Joe last year but then again Joe is creating hjis own offense as was Crawford . At some point when quoting these stats you have to acknowledge the responsibilities of the player within the team they are playing on.

Bibby is on his 3rd team

Joe is on his 3rd team

Crawford is on his 3rd team

Shaq is on his 5th team

seriously ..journeyman ? :)

as for jacking up a bunch of shots thats what his team asked him to do . As Ive tried to read some of the articles on the net about Crawford Ive yet to run across anything that says his teammates thought he shot too much or that his coaches didnt want him shooting. he may shoot too much for the fans but it seems the circumstances on the teams he played on the coaches wanted him to be agressive offensively.

For some reason people equate shot attempts with points but lets be real here if we gave Zaza 20 shot attempts a game do you think he would lead all centers in scoring ? Of course not because at some point the talent has to be there for you in the highest level of play in the world to be scoring that much.

I said earlier I though he could do all of the basic things we asked Bibby to do like spot up shooting ,defense ,bringing up the ball and giving it to Joe and leading the occasional break .

Where I thought he could help us is

Hes a legit,respected scorer in this league and teams cant try and hide weak defenders on him the way they tried too with Bibby

He gets to the ft line as evidenced by him shooting almost 200 more ft attempts than Bibby in fewer games .

He allows us to use mismatches against certain teams.

defensively makes us a bigger and much quicker team allowing us in certain situations to employ switches and traps

Very good off the pick and roll like Bibby but actually has the ability to still turn the corner

The flat out ability to close out a basketball as evidenced by him being one of the best 4th quarter scorers in the league as well as one of the best ft shooters .I think him being on the squad immediately lifts our overall ft percentage which is horrible for us not to have a Shaq or Dwight Howard .

He has the ability to flat out take over a game and when you are winning team and you can add that it makes you even better . To have somsone that can come out and get you twenty in a quarter at anytime and be able to in a close game go 10-10 in the last 3 minutes to hold a lead is is huge .

But I want to keep both because good teams dont swap out talent they stack and I we shouldnt be paying Bibby 10+ million or a deal longer than 3 years . Crawford in this situation is ideal because he is a 2 year rental who is younger than Bibby but I prefer to keep them both if we can. But starting Crawford at point guard wouldnt be a disaster because unlike every other team hes played for hes not here to save us .

• Moderators
[Crawford] shoots a lower percentage [than Bibby].

2008-09

Crawford .545 TS%

Bibby .544 TS%

2007-08

Crawford .528 TS%

Bibby .515 TS%

2006-07

Crawford .517 TS%

Bibby .532 TS%

They have been essentially the same in terms of shooting % over the last 3 years.

I had to go look this stuff up so my replies may be a bit slow .

Crawford was 14-26 from the field and 17-18 from the line the last time he went for 50 points last year against the Bobcats. Bibby and Crawford are different types of players but with similar overall skillsets . But make no mistakes Crawfords scoring ability at this point is much deadlier than Bibbs shooting ability. Bibby is on the decline and if we choose to ignore that we are doomed .

I didn't totally erase the possibility of him being an upgrade. A large one no. Overall. It's not a large upgrade if any at all. He is a worse rebounder than Bibby, gets less steals, and he is not really a better defender either. While getting to the free throw line can make up some difference on a shooting percentage, it still doesn't make JC the better player or the better PG for the team. Most of the time when you go to the ft line it's off shooting attempts that officially just don't count on the stat sheet.

Why would having Crawford at pg mean more turnovers when we mainly run the iso joe offense . I dont think Crawford will have much problem getting the ball up the floor and getting it to Joe .

How is JC going to effect Josh's game? Bibby could feed Josh from time to time. Will JC do that? I doubt it. If Josh is back with JC at

PG I would expect Josh's shooting to go lower. This team will go back even further in terms of a fast break team.

He shoots a lower percentage but he also shot 20o0 more free throws in fewer games . Make no mistake Bibby shot a higher percentage than Joe last year but then again Joe is creating hjis own offense as was Crawford . At some point when quoting these stats you have to acknowledge the responsibilities of the player within the team they are playing on.

Free attempts are mainly off shot attempts. So they're just unofficial shot attempts most of the time. What this team lacks on the fast break will get even worse.

Bibby is on his 3rd team

Joe is on his 3rd team

Crawford is on his 3rd team

Shaq is on his 5th team

seriously ..journeyman ? :)

This is Crawford's 4th team. If you're on your 5th team, I think you fall into the journeyman category. Even in Shaq's case it's party

due to an insane contract.

as for jacking up a bunch of shots thats what his team asked him to do . As Ive tried to read some of the articles on the net about Crawford Ive yet to run across anything that says his teammates thought he shot too much or that his coaches didnt want him shooting. he may shoot too much for the fans but it seems the circumstances on the teams he played on the coaches wanted him to be agressive offensively.

Poor old JC... He just shoots because that's what he's asked to do. Teams obviously get him because he shoots a lot... And they're quick to still get rid of him.

Hes a legit,respected scorer in this league and teams cant try and hide weak defenders on him the way they tried too with Bibby

Every team that gets JC is quick to give him the boot.

defensively makes us a bigger and much quicker team allowing us in certain situations to employ switches and traps

Size doesn't mean anything if you don't use it. If you don't put forth the effort to play defense then your size on the defensive end is of little use.

The flat out ability to close out a basketball as evidenced by him being one of the best 4th quarter scorers in the league as well as one of the best ft shooters .I think him being on the squad immediately lifts our overall ft percentage which is horrible for us not to have a Shaq or Dwight Howard .

He'll also throw up 3's and cause you to lose some good games. All he has done is score points on bad teams. He does nothing else.

He has the ability to flat out take over a game and when you are winning team and you can add that it makes you even better . To have somsone that can come out and get you twenty in a quarter at anytime and be able to in a close game go 10-10 in the last 3 minutes to hold a lead is is huge .

If he's so great at taking over games how come his teams always lose? I mean, we basically got 2001 AI here the way some are acting. How come his teams lose and teams want rid of him if he is so effective? This team already plays junk ball and Crawford is a junk ball player. The mess up margin for this team gets even lower for this team now.

But I want to keep both because good teams dont swap out talent they stack and I we shouldnt be paying Bibby 10+ million or a deal longer than 3 years . Crawford in this situation is ideal because he is a 2 year rental who is younger than Bibby but I prefer to keep them both if we can. But starting Crawford at point guard wouldnt be a disaster because unlike every other team hes played for hes not here to save us .

No matter if we keep Bibby or not, I don't want to see Jamal a the starting PG. He's never been able to help a team as a PG before. Honestly, most people are just defending because he is a Hawk anyway. I think most thought Reef was going to do good things for the team even though he was a career loser before.

Besides, how is a junk ball team supposed to get better by adding more junk ball players? This past season was as far as this team could go until they make some REAL upgrades. This team would still get swept by Cleveland or a really good defensive team. Miami wasn't even a good defensive team and the Hawks still struggled to move the ball around and score in half the games. Kenny Smith was right about this team in the playoffs last season and subbing Bibby for JC makes it even more so. This becomes even more of a one on one team. I don't believe the team would fall apart with the roster listed above, but I'm not seeing a large or even decent scale overall upgrade.

I am aware that JC get's to the FT line when Bibby doesn't. I still think you're talking about a slightly worse team or a marginal upgraded team. ESP if ZaZa leaves and the only thing they counter that with is bringing over a player that they didn't figure could help them the last 8 years. Why now? Because Spirit is cheap. That's why.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I didn't totally erase the possibility of him being an upgrade. A large one no. Overall. It's not a large upgrade if any at all. He is a worse rebounder than Bibby, gets less steals, and he is not really a better defender either. While getting to the free throw line can make up some difference on a shooting percentage, it still doesn't make JC the better player or the better PG for the team. Most of the time when you go to the ft line it's off shooting attempts that officially just don't count on the stat sheet.

My point was that you dont know how he will fit because Crawford has not played a game yet . But Ive yet to find anyone who has said Crawford wouldnt play the role that he was asked.

How is JC going to effect Josh's game? Bibby could feed Josh from time to time. Will JC do that? I doubt it. If Josh is back with JC at

PG I would expect Josh's shooting to go lower. This team will go back even further in terms of a fast break team.

Why wouldnt he feed Josh ? Again you are predicting worse case scenario .

Free attempts are mainly off shot attempts. So they're just unofficial shot attempts most of the time. What this team lacks on the fast break will get even worse.

of course they are it means you were fouled while shooting but it also means you are putting the ball on the floor and getting into the lane something Bibby does not do and Crawford does and then he also shoots a better percentage as well.

This is Crawford's 4th team. If you're on your 5th team, I think you fall into the journeyman category. Even in Shaq's case it's party

due to an insane contract.

5th team in 9 seasons ? but he was on two of those teams for 8 seasons ? yeah it screams journeyman lol

Poor old JC... He just shoots because that's what he's asked to do. Teams obviously get him because he shoots a lot... And they're quick to still get rid of him.

My point was that I think he will play a whatever role is asked of him it just so happens that on those teams he was asked to generate points.

Every team that gets JC is quick to give him the boot.

He was with the Bulls for 4 years and then the knicks for 4 years and then GS for one year and now us .

Size doesn't mean anything if you don't use it. If you don't put forth the effort to play defense then your size on the defensive end is of little use.

Size means alot when a team is attacking you with the smallest backourt in the league like the cavs were . Now we have someone that can make them rethink those matchups

He'll also throw up 3's and cause you to lose some good games. All he has done is score points on bad teams. He does nothing else.

Do you have any proof of this ? I dont know how you could argue that adding him doesnt improve our teams ft percentage considering hes the 14th best ft shooter in the league

If he's so great at taking over games how come his teams always lose? I mean, we basically got 2001 AI here the way some are acting. How come his teams lose and teams want rid of him if he is so effective? This team already plays junk ball and Crawford is a junk ball player. The mess up margin for this team gets even lower for this team now.

Because he cannot carry a team by himself . Hes not Kobe,Lebron or Dwight . Correct me if Im wrong but didnt he get SIGNED and then traded to the knicks ? and then the knicks traded him because they were dumping salary for 2010 ? The Warriors traded for him as insurance for Monta and now that Monta is said to be healthy and they invested near max dollars in him they decided to move Crawford as they are guard heavy ?

No matter if we keep Bibby or not, I don't want to see Jamal a the starting PG. He's never been able to help a team as a PG before. Honestly, most people are just defending because he is a Hawk anyway. I think most thought Reef was going to do good things for the team even though he was a career loser before.

Besides, how is a junk ball team supposed to get better by adding more junk ball players? This past season was as far as this team could go until they make some REAL upgrades. This team would still get swept by Cleveland or a really good defensive team. Miami wasn't even a good defensive team and the Hawks still struggled to move the ball around and score in half the games. Kenny Smith was right about this team in the playoffs last season and subbing Bibby for JC makes it even more so. This becomes even more of a one on one team. I don't believe the team would fall apart with the roster listed above, but I'm not seeing a large or even decent scale overall upgrade.

I am aware that JC get's to the FT line when Bibby doesn't. I still think you're talking about a slightly worse team or a marginal upgraded team. ESP if ZaZa leaves and the only thing they counter that with is bringing over a player that they didn't figure could help them the last 8 years. Why now? Because Spirit is cheap. That's why.

Why do you keep mentioning Reef ? You are living in the past because the two situations are nothing alike .

Reef was a maxed out #3 pick being traded for a #3 pick . Crawford is no where near max and he was traded for scrubs in a salary dump.

Reef was considered a franchise player and I dont think Crawford was ever considered a franchise player .

This team plays one on one by coaches design thats the offense .I was one of the main proponents of trading for Amare .I never for once believed that we should drop Bibby because we have Crawford but I do believe there are things that Crawford does that would improve the team especially if our goal is to get further in the playoffs .