• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Lee

Hawk88

Isn't this a guy we could really use. It is sounding like a lot of options for him are drying up. If I looked at our current unsigned and restricted free agents, Bibby, Williams, Childress, Zaza, and Murray, would Lee not be a better fit for us than any of them. A solid low post player?

I don't know how all the cap ramifications work but I would rather get Lee than any of the others. I guess the questions I would be ask is can't we trade Childress rights, renounce Zaza and sign Lee. Then resign Zaza. Not sure how Marvin fits into this but if I had to pick between Lee and Marvin I would take Lee.

Hawk88

Edited by Hawk88

Isn't this a guy we could really use. It is sounding like a lot of options for him are drying up. If I looked at our current unsigned and restricted free agents, Bibby, Williams, Childress, Zaza, and Murray, would Lee not be a better fit for us than any of them. A solid low post player?

I don't know how all the cap ramifications work but I would rather get Lee than any of the others. I guess the questions I would be ask is can't we trade Childress rights, renounce Zaza and sign Lee. Then resign Zaza. Not sure how Marvin fits into this but if I had to pick between Lee and Marvin I would take Lee.

Hawk88

Lee is an offensive player, but it is mostly off pick and rolls going to the basket and garbage points. His jumper is alright, but he doesn't really have a post up game. He is obviously a very good rebounder, but he played in a fast paced offense with a lot of shooters, so his stats are inflated similar to Shaun Marion's. He gives 100% effort but his defense still is very average or even below.

I think Marvin is a more well rounded player and is cheaper. Unless we had an uptempo offense, I would rather keep Marvin.

Edited by BossTweed

i would love to have david lee he led the lead in double doubles, Ranks #48 in the NBA in Points Per Game(16.0),

Ranks #3 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(11.7), Ranks #7 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.549),

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(951.0),Ranks #41 in the NBA in Points(1293.0), Ranks #5 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds(256.0),Ranks #3 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(695.0)

But the thing is are the Atlanta hawks going to pay him 9-10 million a year i hope so and he's defintely worth the money

• Premium Member
Didn't he have the most double doulbes in the league? Blue collar guy all the way. I don't see us getting him.

Love em but the Hawks need another 6-8/9 player like I need a hole in my head.

i would love to have david lee he led the lead in double doubles, Ranks #48 in the NBA in Points Per Game(16.0),

Ranks #3 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(11.7), Ranks #7 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.549),

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(951.0),Ranks #41 in the NBA in Points(1293.0), Ranks #5 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds(256.0),Ranks #3 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(695.0)

But the thing is are the Atlanta hawks going to pay him 9-10 million a year i hope so and he's defintely worth the money

He rebounded so well on the Knicks team because they were a very poor rebounding team. Really, I don't want Lee because of the contract that he will be asking for. We already have a type of player like Lee, but with a higher ceiling, in Al Horford. I'm not a fan of putting the big bucks into any free agent at this point with Artest off the table. Now I just want us to re-sign our starters back from last year and go after a veteran big.

You need to factor in the style of play when looking at the Knicks. I doubt you would see those kind of inflated numbers if he were in a Hawks uni. I don't think he's worth 10 million per., IMO.