• Raised $390 of $700 target

REPORT: Bibby plans to re-sign?

WraithSentinel

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 60% happy we are keeping him, 40% not happy.

Pluses:

-Great 3-point shooting

-Leadership

-Pretty good passer

-Hussles

-Runs the offense the best

Minuses:

-TERRIBUL defense

-Slow

-Can't penetrate

-He will deny minutes to Teague, who is the designated future at pg

-Keeps the Iso-Joe boring offense intact

The last one is what hit me the most. I don't know if a Flip-Teague-Crawford rotation at pg would have worked, but it would have been damn entertaining to watch. Instead, with Bibby at the helm we'll never be the running team we could/should be.

Pluses:

-Great 3-point shooting

-Leadership

-Pretty good passer

-Hussles

Minuses:

-TERRIBUL defense

-Slow

-Can't penetrate

The last one is what hit me the most. I don't know if a Flip-Teague-Crawford rotation at pg would have worked, but it would have been damn entertaining to watch. Instead, with Bibby at the helm we'll never be the running team we could/should be.

How would a Flip-Teague-Crawford led offense be different from a Bibby led offense?

Pluses:

-Great 3-point shooting

-Leadership

-Pretty good passer

-Hussles

Minuses:

-TERRIBUL defense

-Slow

-Can't penetrate

Explains how I feel exactly.

Yep. Good ole' Josh Smith.

The guy who shot 43% eFG was the Hawks' best offensive player in the playoffs. Yep, that's right.

No, it wasn't the guy who shot 58.5% eFG and led them in Ast%.

Yes, it was the guy that missed 10 shots in game 3, 10 shots in game 4, 10 shots in game 5, 10 shots in game 6, 11 shots in game 9, and 10 shots in game 10. Yep, he was the best offensive player in the playoffs.

No, it wasn't the guy who hit 26 three pointers in the playoffs or shot 21 of 22 from the free throw line. No, it wasn't the guy whose points were assisted 33% of the time, it was the guy whose points were assisted 77% of the time.

Silly me for watching all those games and getting frustrated with Smith's inconsistency. I must have imagined those announcers criticizing Smith's shot selection and his lack of concentration.

Silly me.

I was about to give up on this site.

Thanks for posting some truth on here.

I have never seen so many days in a row with so many bad post.

I used to LOVE this site. Now its being over run by idiots who think Crawford should start over Marvin. People who forget how important defense and rebounding are in the NBA.

Too many video game players and not enough people who have a clue.

Just b/c Crawford is better then Marvin on NBA 2K9 does not mean it is reality.

Edited by coachx

Way more penetration in the half-court offense and off of defensive rebounds, where their superior speed and athleticism would make us an exciting running team.

I can't comment on Jeff Teague yet because he hasn't played a second in the NBA. Rookies need to earn their time. I hope he's everything we all hope he is. Until then...

I would rather have Bibby running this team.

Flip Murray needs to learn how to pass the ball before he can become an effective PG. He's a two guard in a PG's body. He's out there to score because we have no offense and he can create for himself. I hardly think with Flip running the show compared to Bibby we become the Phoenix Suns.

Jamal Crawford is a two guard. Period. He's not the passer of Mike Bibby, a leader like Mike Bibby, or near the basketball IQ of Mike Bibby. He's a scorer. That's it.

We keep talking about taking a step back if we don't sign another big with/and/or Zaza. We take two giant steps back if we don't bring our PG back.

I have to wonder if they are going to experiment with Bibby/Crawford/JJ playing significant minutes together with Joe moving to the three. That would be a very interesting lineup.

I hope not.

We we would lose our defensive edge.

Bibby and Crawford would easily be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA...........making the front court get in foul trouble to cover for them.

We are already one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA. How does subracting Marvin and adding Crawford help the rebounding ?

I see Crawford taking Flip's minutes. Teague can get more minutes then LAw if he earns them.