• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tyson Chandler

Chaze

If the rumor about New Orleans shopping Tyson Chandler is true who would we trade to get him anyway and dont say josh smith, jamal crawford, mike bibby, or joe johnson. cuz they are a valuable asset to this team

If the rumor about New Orleans shopping Tyson Chandler is true who would we trade to get him anyway and dont say josh smith, jamal crawford, mike bibby, or joe johnson. cuz they are a valuable asset to this team

Chillz's rights and a 2010 second rounder, of course I have no idea how cap works, so I may just be shooting blanks here.

Edited by atlanta5hawks

that wouldnt work because Tyson Chandler gets paid 10 mil a year

Don't see how we can trade for Chandler without trading one of the players you listed in the original post I think. Last year we had a shot at him because we had Claxton's contract still on the hooks, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not exactly the cap expert on this site though.

Double sign and trades are as likely as Elvis walking through my bedroom door with a birthday cake.

Yes and besides that, NO is trying to cut cost. It would take us sending one expiring contract ot at least two good value (cheap as in 3 to 6 mill a year) contracts to make it work.

None of our decent signed players are that.

If healthy he would be our starting center or PF. Move Marvin to the bench or trade him and we would have one of the best rebounding lineups in the game but no 3pt threat from any of the front court starters.

Or move Horf to the bench or trade him and we have better balance on the court but lose his BBIQ. Do the same with Smoove and we lose his scoring and weakside defense.

With all that being said, I would love to get Chandler provided he is healthy; but just dont see a trade that would really make NO's owners happy now that Speedy and his expiring contract is gone....