• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Bibby worth it?

GameTime

We could of gotten Pargo who is a leader, has most (if not all) of Bibby's intangibles, is just as good as a shooter as Bibby and plays much better defense for a one-year 2 million deal.

Is Bibby really worth 6 million?

I think Bibby is the better shooter, especially in clutch situations. Pargo is a better defender, but really if the Hawks played better team defense where Bibby funneled his man into help, he would not look so badly.

However, Bibby seemed focused on playing with Hawks and maybe feels like he has found a home. This will pay off as he mentors Teague.

We could of gotten Pargo who is a leader, has most (if not all) of Bibby's intangibles, is just as good as a shooter as Bibby and plays much better defense for a one-year 2 million deal.

you should be able to answer your own question... you put together a 4+ minute highlight of what the man did for the Hawks this past season :slap1: . We would have never gotten as far as we did with out him.

The man is worth the 6 mil and more. Mike Woodson says himself Bibby is the best thing that has happened to him as a coach. Bibby is a veteran point guard who leads the offense, and beside Kidd, i can't think of a better player to take Teague under his wings to show him the ins and outs of the league.

We got a bargain keeping him at 6 mil. We should be thankful he stayed for that much as i'm sure he could have gotten more elsewhere. So thumbs up for Bibby for believing in the Hawks!!!

We didn't pay an awful lot to keep him and he helps significantly reduce the learning curve for Jeff Teague (although hopefully not TOO much)

Also gives us a chance to build off we did last season and maintain the chemistry these core of guys had together.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Yes. I think we got a steal at 6 million per. For what he's meant to the Hawks since he's been here, he probably deserves more. Good for Bibby and nice work Sund.

Stats-wise it isn't.

Bibby sure isn't worth 4 more million than Pargo.

I could be wrong but something tells me that Bibby would have averaged more than the 3.5 pts and 1.4 apg that Pargo averaged in the EUROLEAGUE last year. Give me a break! Comparing Pargo to Bibby is like comparing a younger T Lue to Bibby. It's not close.

I could be wrong but something tells me that Bibby would have averaged more than the 3.5 pts and 1.4 apg that Pargo averaged in the EUROLEAGUE last year. Give me a break! Comparing Pargo to Bibby is like comparing a younger T Lue to Bibby. It's not close.

You are comparing Euroleague stats. Wow.

Bibby is not 4 million dollars better than Pargo right now.

Edited by GameTime

Bibby is not 4 million dollars than Pargo right now.

Bibby is a lot more proven than Pargo. I don't see how that can even be argued. And it's not like we need to be saving that money anyways.

What are we going to do contend for Lebron in 2010? Please.

Bibby is not 4 million dollars better than Pargo right now.

Bibby IS $4M better than Pargo right now which is precisely why he received $4M more than Pargo did this year. Nobody was beating down Pargo's door to give him $4M a season let alone $6M a season. Pargo is a poor man's T Lue when T Lue was in his prime.

From what Sekou says, Bibby is the teams leader. How many years did we search for that guy? Finding him is worth 6 mil.

Yes. Doctor touched on it earlier as well....chemistry, leadership, being Woody's coach on the floor. He's worth every penny and them some, in addition to his physical abilities. Look past the stats....