• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a backup PF

GameTime

Since Zaza is average on defense and can't block shots well we need someone that can do at least one of those things if not both. These players are all UFA without a player option. This is the power forward spot BTW.

Possible Bigs that block shots and play good/great defense

Maceo Baston

Shavlik Randolph

Cedric Simmons

Darius Miles

Theo Ratliff

Shelden Williams

Bigs that block shots but are iffy on defense

Raef Lafrentz

Sean Marks

Bigs that are solid on defense but can't block shots well

Ryan Bowen

Joe Smith

Malik Rose

Chris Wilcox

After evaluating the power forwards I think we need to go after mostly Cedric Simmons and Darius Miles. Cedric Simmons can be our Kendrick Perkins off the bench and/or Darius Miles can be that energy that blocks alot of shots and gets dunks off the break.

Shelden Williams would not be a bad option as well, but I don't know if he wants to come back to Woody.

Edited by GameTime

Id like 2 see Simmons improve in ATL, but he may turn out to be a Solo clone

Doubt it. Just don't expect much offense from him. He will get a dunk every now and then. He will give you rebounds and is a great defender and will block a lot of shots like a Kendrick Perkins. Cedric just he hasn't been given much opportunity. We could get him for cheap which would IMO be a steal.

Edited by GameTime

honestly i really think getting a backup pf that can score in the paint is what we need...zaza and horford can scrap as can josh to a certain degree...but only josh can make his only points in the paint...we need someone else who can, this only opens up for a wing players....we can't strictly be iso on the wing...

Shavlik Randolph

How was someone that announcers called "a weakness" on Duke's team when their bigs would get into foul trouble. How did he become an NBA player? Also, how did he become someone we would actually want?

Well...he didn't. We should take him off this list.

Shavlik Randolph

How was someone that announcers called "a weakness" on Duke's team when their bigs would get into foul trouble. How did he become an NBA player? Also, how did he become someone we would actually want?

Well...he didn't. We should take him off this list.

Shavlik, yeah that's pretty funny!

Al Horford can be the backup for Smoove? He's interchangeable. If Smoove needs a rest, put Horford in the 4 and Zaza at the 5. If Horford needs a rest, put Zaza at the 5 and just have Smoove stay at the 4. I guess foul trouble is the only thing that's wrong with that, but I'm not sold on having to acquire a certain position. I just want to see another big body that can block shots and rebound for us on a consistent basis, and I don't think anyone on the list can do that.