• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Utah was interested in SAR

jezmund

Would you guys take a SAR for Harpring/Kirileinko/Ostertag? Would it be asking too much if Utah threw in a pick? I would then look at moving Nazr/CC for Person. I'm really curious to find out SAR's actual value. I guess we all are. Sign Steve Smith and a young PF/C.

JT/Dickau

Person/Smith/Hansen

Harpring/Diaw

Kirileinko/Hendu/???

Theo/Ostertag

I think JT/Person/Harpring/AK/Theo could win some games.

• Premium Member

2 of our 2nd rounders for one of their first.

Here's why I would do it:

1. Ostertag is a 9 Million dollar check in the bank next year.

2. Having Ostertag makes Nazr tradeable whereby I would trade Nazr/CC for Person/Archibald.

3. Kirlenko has star potential and Kirlenko and Theo would be a good defensive combo.

4. Harpring would fit this offense with his grit and toughness.

After all that Said... I doubt UTAH would do it. They would be left with no SF.

However, since Utah has so much in the bank....

they might do:

Shareef for Kirlenko/Ostertag/1st.

I would consider this as well. Reason being is that Utah will struggle without a PG so that means that the first becomes a very good pick. PLUS, we gain a 2 million this year and 9 million next year.

JT/Diaw/Person/Kirlenko/Theo?

The problem is this:

There are really no HOT FAs next year.... Do we go after Cap Money when there's nobody to go after?? JUST KG and Kobe.

utah is in no position to make the playoffs or the NBA FINALS. its very clear that they are one of the most untalented teams in the NBA.

Ratliff/Reef/JT/GROB (our last years starters) would most likely start for the JAZZ this year. And if those 4 cant get us into the playoffs in the EAST, what makes them do it in the WEST? I know coachin has its part in the game, but will Sloan make those 4 THAT MUCH better?

gettin Reef will help gain them stay somewhat respectable in the league but theres no longterm or shortterm success... so therefore, theres NO POINT.

now gettin ONEAL/JAMES/BRYANT/MCGRADY... now that, i can understand.

Shareef?

• Premium Member

that AK47 is going to be a better (esp. all-around) player than Shareef. Face it, SAR can't play the 4 in the WC, so who's the better 3? When you factor in price & potential, I would go with Kiri.

We might, and I stress might, get Harpring/pick/change for Reef, but why would the Jazz do that? They need 1's, 2's, and 5's. Not more 3's.

Also, Inside Man is right about the Utah Mormons, uh, Jazz. Even if the LDS changed their "policies" toward Af-Am's in the 80's. ;>

Personally, Andrei doesn't look like a star to me. He

looks more of garbage player...Does he really have

any offensive moves? Can he postup? Is he a great

rebounder? He reminds me of a Richard Jefferson.....

Dunno.... He seems like a good defender and shot blocker,

but he doesn't have a offensive game or anything... He

probably will look even worse without a PG....

if u compare him to an allstar star, yes AK47 is a garbage player. but for many teams he can be a GREAT ROLE PLAYER. i bet Phil Jackson wouldnt mind havin AK47 to his ball team.

comparison to Richard Jefferson... well, their games are different but the impact is similar. Both do have an impact to their respective teams. It might not be a JASON KIDD type effect, but enuf to make a difference between a loss and a win.