• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks Mini Camp Day 1

Theeyo

http://hawks.portspaces.com/post/hawksbasketblog/hawks_minicamp_day_1.html

"The first day of Hawks summer mini-camp was about establishing comfort and discomfort. Comfort for the guys trying to turn the heads of the coaching staff, discomfort from the coaching staff putting the players through paces at a breakneck speed and seeing who can keep up."

Edited by Theeyo

http://hawks.portspaces.com/post/hawksbasketblog/hawks_minicamp_day_1.html

"The first day of Hawks summer mini-camp was about establishing comfort and discomfort. Comfort for the guys trying to turn the heads of the coaching staff, discomfort from the coaching staff putting the players through paces at a breakneck speed and seeing who can keep up."

CENK!?!?!?!

CENK!?!?!?!

I think it's all about discomfort this being the third week in July. Good for Woody, if we can trust Sekou's twitter. Gotta love technology, the world keeps on shrinking, and we're getting updates daily. It sounds like to me mini-camp is about keeping roster spots - Morris, Othello, and guys trying to make the leap - Siler. Chewing *ss on our number one pick is a good indication of Woody's indictment of put up or shut up this year. There's no more building for the future. It's built. And we've added some accessories with Crawford and a big to be named later. Time for Woody to feel the pressure, let's see if he can come through.

I think it's all about discomfort this being the third week in July. Good for Woody, if we can trust Sekou's twitter. Gotta love technology, the world keeps on shrinking, and we're getting updates daily. It sounds like to me mini-camp is about keeping roster spots - Morris, Othello, and guys trying to make the leap - Siler. Chewing *ss on our number one pick is a good indication of Woody's indictment of put up or shut up this year. There's no more building for the future. It's built. And we've added some accessories with Crawford and a big to be named later. Time for Woody to feel the pressure, let's see if he can come through.

Hunter and Randolph Morris shouldn't be on an NBA roster.

Hunter and Randolph Morris shouldn't be on an NBA roster.

As much as I would like to agree, I don't. We have to cope with the hand that has been dealt. The fact is those are the guys that are in our camp, and if I'm reading positive things about them, I look at the glass half full. Truth be told, us winning a ring with Othello Hunter or Morris getting significant minutes won't happen...but looking at the rest of our roster, the expectations need to be as high or better. Considering we were the fourth best team in the East last year, the bar is set. Those two were on a damn good team last year, if they improve slightly, so do the Hawks.

As much as I would like to agree, I don't. We have to cope with the hand that has been dealt. The fact is those are the guys that are in our camp, and if I'm reading positive things about them, I look at the glass half full. Truth be told, us winning a ring with Othello Hunter or Morris getting significant minutes won't happen...but looking at the rest of our roster, the expectations need to be as high or better. Considering we were the fourth best team in the East last year, the bar is set. Those two were on a damn good team last year, if they improve slightly, so do the Hawks.

Neither of those guys have any chance of seeing the court for more than 10-seconds at a time unless we have major injury problems. They are pretty horrible, and unless Sund does something I'm not expecting in free agency, we have actually gotten worse with regard to the rest of the teams in the conference.

Neither of those guys have any chance of seeing the court for more than 10-seconds at a time unless we have major injury problems. They are pretty horrible, and unless Sund does something I'm not expecting in free agency, we have actually gotten worse with regard to the rest of the teams in the conference.

You're right. Major injuries don't happen in the NBA. They're terrible.

All I'm saying is they we're on the team last year, if they're improving, what's this issue? If they don't play, great! Is it so bad that guys that we're part of the team that tasted success last year are improving??

You're right. Major injuries don't happen in the NBA. They're terrible.

All I'm saying is they we're on the team last year, if they're improving, what's this issue? If they don't play, great! Is it so bad that guys that we're part of the team that tasted success last year are improving??

This talk of improvement is kind of pointless. Sekou wrote a whole article on Solo's improvement last year. Reporters have to write stuff to fill space. And even if Solo and Morris were to improve slightly, they're still as bad a 4th and 5th big man as you can possibly find in the NBA.