• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its official Solo is a Pacer! reported by realgm

JTB

Solo is gone now so all we have left is horford, zaza, morris and a unsigned marvin williams! Who knows maybe we have something up our sleeves cause I sure hope so. Was solo that bad to let go? I did somewhat like the guy.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60799/20090725/report_pacers_solomon_jones_agree_to_deal/

Yea right now the off-season is slowing down and is starting to take a hit. We haven't improved this team one bit and if we loose Marv. we will be banging ourselves against a wall during the season. We have all anyalazed this off-season several times. And the players we have acquired are just replacements. Only upgrade is Crawford>Flip.

Yea right now the off-season is slowing down and is starting to take a hit. We haven't improved this team one bit and if we loose Marv. we will be banging ourselves against a wall during the season. We have all anyalazed this off-season several times. And the players we have acquired are just replacements. Only upgrade is Crawford>Flip.

Crawford's career numbers aren't much (if at all) better than Flip's season totals from last year.

Crawford's career numbers aren't much (if at all) better than Flip's season totals from last year.

Thats the thing Floyd, Flip played the best season of his career just to barely touch Crawfords career average. That say's a lot in itself, You can't expect a 30 year old Flip to continue to improve yet alone even maintain that production when he hasn't shown that ability the previous 6 years off his career.

By comparison the last time Crawford played off the bench with as many minutes as Flip had was his 3rd season at the age of 22. Look at the stats.

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

1 Jamal Crawford 2002-03 22 80 31 24.9 4.2 10.1 .413 1.1 3.0 .355 1.3 1.6 .806 0.3 2.1 2.3 4.2 1.0 0.3 1.7 1.6 10.7

2 Ronald Murray 2008-09 29 80 2 24.7 4.4 9.9 .447 1.1 3.0 .360 2.2 2.9 .760 0.3 1.8 2.1 2.0 1.1 0.2 1.6 2.2 12.2

Flip put up only two more points and a better FG% but pay attention to their assist average. Crawford at 22 was good for 3 more assists than Flip and that equals roughly 6 points and he did it with just as many turnovers as Flip had.

Thats the thing Floyd, Flip played the best season of his career just to barely touch Crawfords career average. That say's a lot in itself, You can't expect a 30 year old Flip to continue to improve yet alone even maintain that production when he hasn't shown that ability the previous 6 years off his career.

By comparison the last time Crawford played off the bench with as many minutes as Flip had was his 3rd season at the age of 22. Look at the stats.

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

1 Jamal Crawford 2002-03 22 80 31 24.9 4.2 10.1 .413 1.1 3.0 .355 1.3 1.6 .806 0.3 2.1 2.3 4.2 1.0 0.3 1.7 1.6 10.7

2 Ronald Murray 2008-09 29 80 2 24.7 4.4 9.9 .447 1.1 3.0 .360 2.2 2.9 .760 0.3 1.8 2.1 2.0 1.1 0.2 1.6 2.2 12.2

Flip put up only two more points and a better FG% but pay attention to their assist average. Crawford at 22 was good for 3 more assists than Flip and that equals roughly 6 points and he did it with just as many turnovers as Flip had.

You missed the point completely. I didn't say Flip would repeat his numbers this year, but that still doesn't make Crawford much of an improvement over last year's Flip.

You missed the point completely. I didn't say Flip would repeat his numbers this year, but that still doesn't make Crawford much of an improvement over last year's Flip.

Alright Floyd maybe I don't get it but all I know is that even in Flip's "MVP" season he still wasn't as good as Crawford, to me that's an improvement.

Alright Floyd maybe I don't get it but all I know is that even in Flip's "MVP" season he still wasn't as good as Crawford, to me that's an improvement.

I didn't say it wasn't an improvement. I just don't think it's as big of one as people think. Flip had a really good year last year and I really doubt Crawford is going to do a whole lot more.

I didn't say it wasn't an improvement. I just don't think it's as big of one as people think. Flip had a really good year last year and I really doubt Crawford is going to do a whole lot more.

Why not, Flip had a very good year playing next to Joe and Bibby, two guards that actually know how to pass and take pressure off of him. Crawford has essentually been gameplaned against most his career who's to say he won't see the same marked improvement in his stats that both Flip and Bibby saw playing in our offense? It's taking an assumption but if a career journeyman and a declining PG can actually improve wouldn't that mean a bonafide scorer would see an uptick in his own prolific skills aswell?

Why not, Flip had a very good year playing next to Joe and Bibby, two guards that actually know how to pass and take pressure off of him. Crawford has essentually been gameplaned against most his career who's to say he won't see the same marked improvement in his stats that both Flip and Bibby saw playing in our offense? It's taking an assumption but if a career journeyman and a declining PG can actually improve wouldn't that mean a bonafide scorer would see an uptick in his own prolific skills aswell?

Again, I didn't say he couldn't have a great year. All I'm doing is pointing out that just because Crawford is thought to be better than Flip, his career numbers aren't much better than Flip's season last year. That's not to say his numbers couldn't improve this year, but I think it's relevant to point out the reality of the statistics as well.

Again, I didn't say he couldn't have a great year. All I'm doing is pointing out that just because Crawford is thought to be better than Flip, his career numbers aren't much better than Flip's season last year. That's not to say his numbers couldn't improve this year, but I think it's relevant to point out the reality of the statistics as well.

I did point out relevant statistics and you said I missed the point entirely. Even just comparing last year's per36 stats to account for Crawford playing more minutes than Flip and Crawford still comes out better than Flip. When you factor in later that he did this mostly as a top option on a starting unit rather than the 1st option on the 2nd unit those stats become even more relevant. It's not just the perception that Crawford is better the stats prove that he was better. I'll say this again, Flip had the best season of his career yet he still trails Crawford career average which includes years when he didn't start or play much. I don't know why you are looking at the entirety of Crawford's career against a singular Flip season to begin with. Why not compare their last season or maybe even Crawford's recent career, I don't see you going out of your way to compare Flip's 06-07 season with Detroit against Crawford's career.

He's not gone, the Hawks will have 7 days to match the offer since he is a restricted free agent. Most likely we'll match the contract and he'll be a Hawk for at least 2 more years.

Oh and breaking news the sky is not falling either.

He's not gone, the Hawks will have 7 days to match the offer since he is a restricted free agent. Most likely we'll match the contract and he'll be a Hawk for at least 2 more years.

Oh and breaking news the sky is not falling either.

The Hawks are not signing him for two years. He is gone.

The Hawks are not signing him for two years. He is gone.

Why wouldn't they? No details of the contract are public but it's likely that it's a minimum level deal where the Pacers are trying to force the Hawks to match to eat up some of their luxury tax room and unless we have players targeted with that money it's a lot safer to assume we'll match than just let him walk considering that we could have just not given him the qualifying offer to begin with.

I swear you guys assume the worst every time there is Hawk related news and I just don't get it.

Why wouldn't they? No details of the contract are public but it's likely that it's a minimum level deal where the Pacers are trying to force the Hawks to match to eat up some of their luxury tax room and unless we have players targeted with that money it's a lot safer to assume we'll match than just let him walk considering that we could have just not given him the qualifying offer to begin with.

I swear you guys assume the worst every time there is Hawk related news and I just don't get it.

My impression was that they tended him the QO just in case there was a Free Angency apocalypse where Bibby, Zaza and even Marvin push the lux tax or even just fly the coop. This would allow them to atleast have first refusal and be able to atleast keep a big familiar with the team. As of now we got both Bibby and Zaur cheap and even with a signed Marvin we'd still be able to sign a decent FA big. With that said I think it's time we look at Hunter as the new Solo unless everyone we've looked at signs elsewhere in the next 7 days.

• Premium Member

Many of the posters here don't want him back and prefer that he walk for free rather than sign him to a league minimum contract

• Premium Member

Sekou said that he would have more information on Jones in a few days, and implied that he would be quoting Jones directly. I get the impression Jones wants to leave Atlanta, which is something I think the Hawks would accommodate.